Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 01-14-2013, 06:45 PM   #1
Blackandwhite

Drives: 2015 Camaro ZL1
Question Catback exhaust help.

Help me out. Yet again, i'm new. I don't know much. But i always put in research before i want to buy anything. So, i'm pretty set on getting SLP loudmouth 2's on my V6 LS Cam. I want a catback just for the reason that i don't have stock headers and then have aftermarket tips. I feel like that wouldn't get the full aftermarket efffect. So i was thinking about getting Slp headers, and an h pipe with the loudmouth 2 cat back. Now i heard h pipes sound better than x's on v6's, so i'm going to go with that; i don't care about hp gain. And i like to try to stick to one brand as possible because i feel like same brand objects usually go better with each other rather than being varied. Any one have an suggestions, better ideas, etc.?
Blackandwhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 06:54 PM   #2
jameslk55

Drives: 2012 2LT/RS, 2005 SLK55 AMG
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackandwhite View Post
Help me out. Yet again, i'm new. I don't know much. But i always put in research before i want to buy anything. So, i'm pretty set on getting SLP loudmouth 2's on my V6 LS Cam. I want a catback just for the reason that i don't have stock headers and then have aftermarket tips. I feel like that wouldn't get the full aftermarket efffect. So i was thinking about getting Slp headers, and an h pipe with the loudmouth 2 cat back. Now i heard h pipes sound better than x's on v6's, so i'm going to go with that; i don't care about hp gain. And i like to try to stick to one brand as possible because i feel like same brand objects usually go better with each other rather than being varied. Any one have an suggestions, better ideas, etc.?
SLP "Loud Mouth IIŽ" is an axle-back, not a catback.

For your 2012 V6, there are no aftermarket headers.

I don't know about h-pipes sounding better than x-pipes on V6s.

I prefer to get what I think is the best brand for that part, so I'm fine with going with different brands.
jameslk55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 08:30 PM   #3
Blackandwhite

Quote:
Originally Posted by jameslk350 View Post
SLP "Loud Mouth IIŽ" is an axle-back, not a catback.

For your 2012 V6, there are no aftermarket headers.

I don't know about h-pipes sounding better than x-pipes on V6s.

I prefer to get what I think is the best brand for that part, so I'm fine with going with different brands.
Well, bbk headers are given a lot of credit for being good. And shit, i was pretty sure lm2's were catback. Well in that case what would i do about the cat's if i got an axle back instead? I would need the headers, h or x, the axle back which i'm pretty sure is still emissions legal if i'm correct. Should i leave the cats stock?
Old 01-14-2013, 08:31 PM   #4
Blackandwhite

well wait, if there are no headers, should i just leave everything else stock and just get axle backs? i feel like that wouldn't be a strong/effective exhaust.
Old 01-14-2013, 08:44 PM   #5
chozn4service

Drives: 2016 SS w/2SS A8 Blue Velvet
You should be able to do a catback and I think even high flow cats. On the 2012 the headers are out but I think everything else is a go. I know Steve at SOLO said they were getting ready to come out with HFCs for the LFX.

I've heard the X pipe allows the airflow to flow better than the H pipe.
Old 01-14-2013, 08:50 PM   #6
Juiced1
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 2SS CAMARO 45th
The Solo Mach XLLT system would be a nice fit that you can add headers to down the road. It'll replace the resonators in the mid pipe and the big old mufflers in the back. The SLP Loud Mouth 2 is an axleback, on the SS cars you can get a mid pipe that will turn it into a catback but not on the V6 cars. It's pretty common to get a axleback and then have a muffler shop cut out your resonators in the mid pipe and weld in an xpipe. X-pipes genearlly flow a little better on the top end while an H-pipe is better for torque. On the LFX and LLT motors the X-pipe would make more sense.
Juiced1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 09:17 PM   #7
Blackandwhite

Well, i'm assuming 2012 v6's have the LFX motor. Not too positive but i guess that works. So then, i guess i'll have to get an axle back because i'm not a fan of magnaflows or flowmasters or any of that crap. i've looked into borla and such but i really like the lm2's. So if i'm just getting axle backs, i'm going to need just an x/h pipe and the axle back system itself since there aren't any headers?

Tags
cylinder, exhaust, headers, hpipe, loudmouth