Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 10-29-2014, 12:36 AM   #1
MarcoOlivares

Drives: 2004
oil consumption in my 2014 ls lfx

How are you guys, hope everything is well with your camaros, I am posting this because I haven't read any post with my problem.

I purchased this camaro July 2014 and I love it, on saturday I went to orlando from miami no problem at all, sunday I decide to clean my car when i was moving my car in the parking I have this signal saying "low oil" I stopped the car right away, wait for 1 hours to check the oil, when I check the oil stick was completely dry, I got panic and I called chevy + on start the run diagnostics and they said everything is good no problem, anyways I went to auto zone and to purchase some then I filled up with half galon of synthetic valvoline 5w30, and Monday i went to the dealer they said that is normal, for the first 7000 miles is this real or fake, I am bringing the car to another dealership to see another service guy, any ideas? I spoke with couple of people they said that that is crazy.
The crazy thing is that the alert light only shows one time only. even before putting new oil on it and it was on all the time.
MarcoOlivares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 02:46 PM   #2
TommyTheCat
SHKE BKE

Drives: 2013 Camaro
All cars burn oil, when driving a new or used car that you just purchased you should always monitor the oil more carefully until you learn about how much time you can get away without adding oil
My car burned about half a quart in 3,000 miles
TommyTheCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 10:32 PM   #3
MarcoOlivares

Drives: 2004
Thanks for you comment, I really appreciate everybody that is trying to help me!
I understand that but first time that happens to me after had 5 cars before this one not oil at all? The dealer said is normal, so i should stick with it, and check it constantly, break in process i guess.
MarcoOlivares is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
oil, oil consumption, problems