Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 05-01-2013, 10:57 PM   #1
jokerkojack

Drives: 2012
How much wax is too much

Thanks all for advice all the time..

I have a summit white and the paint looks great.. I've fully prepped and detailed everything.. Sealant & wax all done... I use waterless wash when needed and keep paint looking really good..
Question.... After the waterless wash I usually grab the spray wax.. Over detail spray.. I guess for looks and I think it protects it more? Lol.
Should I not be a grabing the spray wax and just use detail spray? How much waxing is too much? At what point do I strip the wax & sealant and beef it back up again...
Maybe I just don't like my detail spray?
jokerkojack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 11:07 PM   #2
ihaveacamaro
I like teeth.

Drives: #198
No worries, the amount of wax you're adding on your car in the spray wax is insanely small.

Just keep on going the way your are, your car will benefit for it

Please check out my youtube detailing channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/roshan517

"When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you will be successful."
ihaveacamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 12:52 AM   #3
axis
Search Ninja

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS/RS A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by jokerkojack View Post
Thanks all for advice all the time..

I have a summit white and the paint looks great.. I've fully prepped and detailed everything.. Sealant & wax all done... I use waterless wash when needed and keep paint looking really good..
Question.... After the waterless wash I usually grab the spray wax.. Over detail spray.. I guess for looks and I think it protects it more? Lol.
Should I not be a grabing the spray wax and just use detail spray? How much waxing is too much? At what point do I strip the wax & sealant and beef it back up again...
Maybe I just don't like my detail spray?
What don't you like about your DS? Which WW and DS are you using? Many of the DS's have wax in them, as i'm sure you know, so if you're liking the results you're getting now, you might try one of those so you can skip a step. In the other thread you asked me for links in, I gave a link to the CG Hybrid V7 DS with sealant. That is another option you could try if you're looking for something different. If you pay close attention to the finish on your car, you can tell when the wax is fading. Just add another coat then. As far as wiping the slate clean and starting over, that's up to you and the state of the paint. If you're not getting swirls, I see no need to strip it completely. Many sealants are perfectly fine to be layered. I read where CD07 said he likes to strip his down every 6 months or so. If you subscribe to that way of thinking, using a sealant that lasts several years is pointless. I think that was his point in the sealant thread that he posted that in. I think a thorough inspection of the paint every 6 months would be a good idea. If you think it needs some DA lovin, by all means wipe it clean, polish it up, then reapply.
Bo (knows) White ported TB
Kooks LT's/ Dynomax VT
Pfadted (springs/sways)
Dyno tuned by Rhino and GPI

I once parallel parked a train.
axis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 04:47 PM   #4
jokerkojack

Drives: 2012
thanks, I did order some V7. I knew about the DS containing wax, just was unclear on the ratio. Im very happy with the paint and have Adams Machine sealant on it. Covered that with Meguiar's NXT Generation Tech Wax 2.0 (it was a gift from a friend) I use Adams WW and Mothers detail spray (gift) I'm not at all unhappy just want to make sure I'm on the right path.. I wanted the V7 because I have heard good things.. Where in the process should I use this? Save for rewax or layer over NXT.. Do you layer V7?
Thanks
jokerkojack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 05:59 PM   #5
ihaveacamaro
I like teeth.

Drives: #198
Layer over NXT and yes keep relayering V7

Please check out my youtube detailing channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/roshan517

"When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you will be successful."
ihaveacamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 06:29 PM   #6
axis
Search Ninja

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS/RS A6
V7 is detail spray. Instead of putting wax in it CG put sealer. You can use it just like you do with your mothers DS. You can quit using the spray wax though. I'd recommend keeping the mothers DS for when you clay. Not sure if V7 is recommended for claying but it's a little more expensive. Wouldn't want to waste it on claying.

Works well on your windows as well. I put Jetseal on my windows but V7 would be a great way to keep the rain from sticking.
Bo (knows) White ported TB
Kooks LT's/ Dynomax VT
Pfadted (springs/sways)
Dyno tuned by Rhino and GPI

I once parallel parked a train.
axis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 07:42 PM   #7
CamaroDreams07

Drives: Slow V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by axis View Post
V7 is detail spray. Instead of putting wax in it CG put sealer. You can use it just like you do with your mothers DS. You can quit using the spray wax though. I'd recommend keeping the mothers DS for when you clay. Not sure if V7 is recommended for claying but it's a little more expensive. Wouldn't want to waste it on claying.

Works well on your windows as well. I put Jetseal on my windows but V7 would be a great way to keep the rain from sticking.
V7 is a very good spray sealant. It can act as a detail spray as well, but you definitely wouldn't want to clay with it.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2