Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 06-29-2009, 01:36 PM   #15
LadiesMan217

Drives: '10 IOM/IO 2SS/RS
I use Meguiar's Gold Class like pictured above.

I have the Zaino but only use that for the "really dirty times" and use the Gold Class for the average wash.
Old 06-29-2009, 09:20 PM   #16
redjewel

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS RJT
Quote:
Originally Posted by 69 Hugger View Post
Heres the Z7 instuctions on washing the vehicle, and if you use a duster don't let the full weight of the duster lay on the car, just skim the dust across then go back over it each time kind of shake the mop to get the dust out. I scratched my black Impala with one when they first came out, a body/painter told me how to use it. I've got one of those first cali dusters with the wooden handle, they are a little lighter now the handles are plastic

APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS

Wash the tires and wheels first. If you wash the car body first, the water will dry and spot your car before you can finish washing the tires and wheels. Do not use the same wash water on your car's paint as you do your tires and wheels. Throw it out and refill your bucket.

Mix one cap full of Z-7™ Show Car Wash per gallon of water in a clean wash bucket.

Make sure your car is cool. If possible, work in the shade. A hot surface causes the wash and rinse water to evaporate too quickly, increasing the likelihood of water spotting.

Start by thoroughly wetting the car's finish with a medium spray of water to remove loose grit and surface dirt. One trick is to park on a slight incline. This allows rinse water to run off moldings, trim, and recessed areas better.

Use only 100% cotton, made in the USA towels. Synthetic (flat sided) sponges and wash cloths can trap dirt, grit, and grime on the surface, which can scratch your car's paint.

Start washing from the top down and rinse the car often. Frequent rinsing is important if you are washing on a warm day. Do not allow the soapy water to dry on your paint.

Use a final rinse of free-flowing water (nozzle off the hose) allowing the water to sheet off the car.

One 16 ounce bottle of Z-7™ Show Car Wash will wash approximately 12 mid-size cars.
I am aware of what the site says. But when I recieved the Z7 the instructions on it say 2-3 capfuls per gallon. After reading responses I agree I am using too much.
redjewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 09:28 PM   #17
redjewel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Draco View Post
Holy crap so you're using 4-5 gallons of water per wash? That seems like too much to me. I use 2 gallons of water (4 cap fulls) and only wash my car twice a month. If you use the 2 bucket method, you don't need to use nowhere that much.
Yeah I do have water left over so I will do that next wash. I am using the two bucket method with an old bucket for rinse water and a Zaino bucket with the grate at the bottom for soap bucket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose View Post
"10 capfuls"??!!

For a 5 gal. bucket, I use 1 to 2 capfuls, which is plenty!
Yeah I should have realized how little of the other stuff is used to do the others things to the car and used that theory with the car wash.

How much water are you using in that five gallon bucket, 2-3 like others?

Thanks everyone
Old 06-29-2009, 10:23 PM   #18
Moose

Drives: '99 Camaro SS #1392
Quote:
Originally Posted by redjewel View Post
How much water are you using in that five gallon bucket, 2-3 like others?

Thanks everyone
I fill it 2/3rds.
Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 10:44 PM   #19
redjewel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose View Post
I fill it 2/3rds.
Thanks I will try that with 2 caps next wash. BTW everyone I am sticking with Z7 wash. I ordered more since I wasted so much and got a few other things as well. I am amazed at what Zaino has done to the appearance of the Camaro
I like how the Zaino should hold up out here in the Texas heat over wax.
Old 09-20-2009, 03:26 PM   #20
IronMikeSSRS

Drives: 2010 2SS RS
Would any of you take your car to a car wash? I like my Camaro, but I can't see washing it all the time like I did when I was a teenager.
IronMikeSSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 03:40 PM   #21
Yellojacket

Drives: 2SS/RS Inferno Orange
I am using the two bucket method with an old bucket for rinse water and a Zaino bucket with the grate at the bottom for soap bucket.

You should be using the grate in the bottom of the rinse bucket not the soap bucket. Once you swipe the car with the soapy mitt then dip in in the rinse bucket to get all the dirt outta the mitt and when you put in back in the soap bucket the mitt should be dirt free to apply more soap to the car.
Yellojacket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 03:41 PM   #22
FNKNSTN
Banned

Drives: A Black Car
FNKNSTN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 03:47 PM   #23
Yellojacket

Drives: 2SS/RS Inferno Orange
Dawn if you wanna take all the wax off the car..
Yellojacket is offline   Reply With Quote