Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-16-2013, 11:22 PM   #29
LoneCynic

Drives: 2015 BVM 1SS/1LE
To my knowledge, the only Camaro that takes full regular tire rotations is the LS. That is the one I have, and I get them rotated every 5000 miles along with the oil change. All four wheels and tires are the same size. No trim level above that should have anything rotated.
LoneCynic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 11:57 PM   #30
Caddyroger

Drives: 2011 RJT Camaro LT2 RS auto shift
Quote:
Originally Posted by Modern07 View Post
I would like to think that the people we are paying to work on our cars have been trained to do the job they have been tasked with correctly.

I would also like to think that they can read the numbers on the side of the tires that clearly state the size, and that they would have enough common sense to know that 275 and 245 are different.

But what do I know, I'm just an idiot
How do know if they was told a Camaro had staggered wheels. They may do a hundred cars before they come to a RS or SS Camaro. The only time I was ever worried about tire sizes was when I needed to buy tires. I just kept the tire pressure to the correct pressure.
When I lived in Mich I did my own oil changes and tire rotations and Probably would have put rotated them with out looking at the sizes
The only way I find out I had staggered wheel was when I joined Camaro5, I was goggling stuff for the radio and saw the site for Camaro5.
No you not a idiot
Old 06-17-2013, 01:18 AM   #31
skibik

Drives: bbbbbb
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneCynic View Post
To my knowledge, the only Camaro that takes full regular tire rotations is the LS. That is the one I have, and I get them rotated every 5000 miles along with the oil change. All four wheels and tires are the same size. No trim level above that should have anything rotated.
I have a 2012 1LT and they have all the same tires on all 4 corners. BF Goodrich 245/55-18 all season radials all 4 corners.

Dean.
skibik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 02:29 AM   #32
AdamZ
Account Suspended

Drives: Eve - 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
That's embarrassing lol
AdamZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 06:12 AM   #33
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubby View Post
You dont rotate Camaro tires with RS pkg or V8. PERIOD.
Not so. See your manual. They just have to be rotated properly: side-to-side, rather than the traditional way. If our factory RS tires were "directional" tires (which would have an arrow on the sidewall) you would be correct. However, we do not have "directional" tires.

I'm pretty sure your dealer did this during service. I never let dealers to tire service of any kind.
Attached Images

2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 06:14 AM   #34
PalmerGA

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneCynic View Post
Again... not so. Read your manual.
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
Old 06-17-2013, 06:20 AM   #35
PalmerGA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comrando View Post
I never have understood rotating tires.
Bunch of BS. Like 3,000 mile oil changes.
I rotate my truck tires every 5K miles, when I get the oil changed. Last set of tires on my Ram1500 went over 70,000 miles and still had decent tread.

Did the same with Honda Civic. Got 80,000+ miles out of last tires. I intend to rotate my SS tires at every oil change - maximize tread-life. These tires ain't cheap!
Old 06-17-2013, 07:19 AM   #36
sykb47l

Drives: 73' VW Bug
Yep, one person makes one mistake and you should NEVER use that dealer again.
Old 06-17-2013, 08:30 AM   #37
Chubby
Account Suspended

Drives: Busted
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerGA View Post
Not so. See your manual. They just have to be rotated properly: side-to-side, rather than the traditional way. If our factory RS tires were "directional" tires (which would have an arrow on the sidewall) you would be correct. However, we do not have "directional" tires.

I'm pretty sure your dealer did this during service. I never let dealers to tire service of any kind.
Rotating side to side is a waste. That's why I said what I did. Side to side wear should be consistent with each other unless your car is out of whack. No need to rotate side to side.
Chubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 08:32 AM   #38
Chubby
Account Suspended

Drives: Busted
Also, I agree... dealer is an idiot. Yes, mistakes may happen but if you can't get this right, you have no business servicing cars. Pay attention to what you're doing. Also, the service advisor who suggested this should be questioned.

I'm sure the OP was charged for this service. Hope he gets history back.
Chubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 09:16 AM   #39
CamaroSkooter
Retarded One-Legged Owl

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerGA View Post
Again... not so. Read your manual.
From the factory, you are correct.

However, many people put directional tires on after the factory ones are through.

And at that point, reading the first line in the manual would indicate not to rotate the tires.

My VIN = 2G1FK1EJ9A9105017
Build Date: 04-23-2009 according to:
http://www.compnine.com/vid.php
CamaroSkooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 10:39 AM   #40
JGN

Drives: 2010 CGM 2LT
Last month I saw a black RS Camaro with inferno orange stripes driving along. Given that I also own a RS Camaro (although was not driving it at the time) I decided to check the vehicle out from the rear. Something looked slightly out of balance or not symmetrical. I realized at that moment that the 275's were both on the passenger side and the 245's were on the drivers. Obviously, snow tires had been replaced with the summer rims. I tried to bring this to the drivers attention, but they were not talking.
JGN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 11:22 AM   #41
Goober
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro
It just amazes me how f*cking stupid, carelesss and incompetant many dealership are. The sad thing is that most people trust dealerships and believe that they are experts at servicing the vehicles they sell (which they should be!). The truth is that you have to watch them like a hawk and make sure they're doing what they're supposed to do. The idiot that rotated those tires needs to be fired. Who could do that without noticing the wheels are staggered?
Goober is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 12:18 PM   #42

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Interesting....Never heard of this actually happening....I would have thought that Stabilitrak warning light or whatever would have come on right away...
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote