Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 02-19-2010, 09:13 AM   #71
TommyTSquared

Drives: RSSS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milk 1027 View Post
YOU BEAT ME TO IT!!! Damn you
TommyTSquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 10:01 AM   #72
DSteck
Account Suspended

Drives: 2006 Corvette Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimberWolf69/10camaro View Post
im willing to bet over 200 dollars that its gonna be either a trans am or a firebird becuz if u really pay atention to the late model camaros and firebrids alond with trans ams they always looked like a camaro in some kind of way so now gm wants to profit off of the body model sooo go figure lol.
I'd like to take that bet.
DSteck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 10:20 AM   #73
respawn

Drives: 2010 Syn Green LE Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by djsnoflake View Post
I still say something is fishy. If your marketing campaign only started 1 week early, your website should have pretty much been done, and like has been said before, what professional movie companies register a domain name with GODADDY? If this is your marketing budget, I expect that "D'jinn" is gonna be a straight to DVD movie?

Here's my take:

Being the car guy that you are, you know people are going batshit crazy for any Z/28 news. You get someone to get some "spy photos" of a mysteriously camo-ed car and put them out on Chevy sites. Other Auto sites pick up on the story of a possible Z/28 test mule, and all of a sudden, you have more free advertising than you could have ever possibly been able to afford.

Once again, I could be wrong, but the internet has made me skeptical of everything.

And I haven't driven my Camaro since Oct 30th, so I am going through severe withdrawl and am super grumpy :(

LOL. What's wrong with Godaddy? I guess hollywood people shouldnt visit Walmart either? Give me a break, Godaddy can register and host domains as well if not better than anyone else. Geesh.

And so what if he tapped into some viral marketing and created a buzz? It is working isn't it? Of course people want to create a stir without blowing money they dont have to. It is genius if you ask me.
respawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 12:53 PM   #74
Scrapppy666

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS M6 Black/Black
regardless of where the site is hosted (i use godaddy myself) I'd either remove the current site or have someone rebuild it asap... it screams amateur with blinking lights and whistles. Certainly could have found someone on criagslist to make you a quick landing page that would look far more professional for probably less money than you spent on the vinyl used to camo the front end of the Camaro.

Pittsburgh Automotive Photography
Black on Black 2SS/RS w/ white stripes Dynomax 3" Bullet Catback, CAI Cold Air Intake
Scrapppy666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 02:17 PM   #75
squat

Drives: 2011 Dodge Charger
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrapppy666 View Post
regardless of where the site is hosted (i use godaddy myself) I'd either remove the current site or have someone rebuild it asap... it screams amateur with blinking lights and whistles. Certainly could have found someone on criagslist to make you a quick landing page that would look far more professional for probably less money than you spent on the vinyl used to camo the front end of the Camaro.
Dude, don't use GoDaddy. They are easily the slimiest of web hosts/registrars out there.
Old 02-19-2010, 02:19 PM   #76
AnnaBear@SpartaChevy

Drives: 2011 Camaro 1SS Manual Synergy Grn
Send a message via Yahoo to AnnaBear@SpartaChevy
Faisal contacted me months and months ago because he needed two Black Camaros for a movie they would be making. I got trades all worked out with a couple of dealers but he never did purchase the cars from me.

So...low budget, perhaps. But the story he gave me back then aligns exactly with what he has posted here. Even promised me a 'Fathead' of the hero car.

Hope the movie is well done and is a good one! I hope to get my 'Fathead' too...
AnnaBear@SpartaChevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 07:09 PM   #77
fireresq157

Drives: 1997 SS & 2010 2SS/RS
Did some research online this is for sure low budget movie.
fireresq157 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 05:58 PM   #78
SikMaro

Drives: 2004 CTS, Arrived! 2ss/rs ABM!
isnt ghost rider 2 supposed to be featuring the camaro? lol the first one sucked and the 2nd one prob too

1100 - 09-24-09 1st Step
3800 - Born 10-27-09
6000 - 11-11-09
SikMaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 01:48 PM   #79
fireresq157

Quote:
Originally Posted by SikMaro View Post
isnt ghost rider 2 supposed to be featuring the camaro? lol the first one sucked and the 2nd one prob too
I wish it was gost rider 2, anyone associated with this movie are complete nobodies. Look it up on IMDB.com .
Old 02-23-2010, 03:03 PM   #80
AnnaBear@SpartaChevy

Drives: 2011 Camaro 1SS Manual Synergy Grn
Send a message via Yahoo to AnnaBear@SpartaChevy
Quote:
Originally Posted by fireresq157 View Post
I wish it was gost rider 2, anyone associated with this movie are complete nobodies. Look it up on IMDB.com .
I looked on IMDB and there is very limited information there. Don't discount this movie yet...I am holding out hope that it will be great.

When I spoke with Faisal, he told me who the star of the show will be and he was a MAJOR TV star. I had to google him at the time, as I don't pay that much attention to names of stars. When I found him, I was pretty impressed. Now it's driving me crazy because I can't remember his name!!!

Oh well, time will tell.
AnnaBear@SpartaChevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 01:46 PM   #81
fireresq157

Quote:
Originally Posted by little_bank_robber View Post
I looked on IMDB and there is very limited information there. Don't discount this movie yet...I am holding out hope that it will be great.

When I spoke with Faisal, he told me who the star of the show will be and he was a MAJOR TV star. I had to google him at the time, as I don't pay that much attention to names of stars. When I found him, I was pretty impressed. Now it's driving me crazy because I can't remember his name!!!

Oh well, time will tell.
I've heard the famous TV star bit before, it can refer to anyone from reality TV to local cable. Their web site says it all , at least when I checked it out a week ago It looked like high school kids put it together.
Old 02-26-2010, 12:47 AM   #82
Exodus Pictures

Drives: 2ss
We hope to see many of you at our display. The project was just featured on the Local NBC news. Here is a copy of our latest press release. We will show a never before seen teaser for the film during the show.

Quote:
Feb 24, 2010 10:50 ET
Movie Company Exodus Pictures Announces Actor Ray Park to Unveil Hero Car Debuting at Detroit Autorama 2010

LIVONIA, MI--(Marketwire - February 24, 2010) - Michigan production company Exodus Pictures has added actor Ray Park to the cast of "Jinn," its supernatural thriller set to begin filming next month. At this weekend's Detroit Autorama 2010, Park will reveal "The FireBreather," the movie's hero car created in partnership with another Michigan-based company Classic Design Concepts. The unveiling will take place at a press conference at the company's Autorama display on Friday, February 26th, 2010.
Ray Park, the latest addition to "Jinn"'s cast, will travel to Detroit for this weekend's Autorama. Park, a renowned actor and martial artist, has starred in numerous film and television projects including, "Star Wars Episode One," "X-Men," "G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra," and NBC's "Heroes." He will make appearances at the company's display throughout the weekend, and will unveil the car to the press at 11:00 AM on Friday, February 26th.

Ajmal Zaheer Ahmad, co-founder of Exodus, writer/director of "Jinn" and Detroit native, will also speak at this weekend's unveiling. He will discuss the vehicle's design and the role it plays in his company's mission. "The paramount goal of Exodus Pictures is to show the world what the people of Michigan have to offer... building this car is our first step along that path," said Ahmad of his brainchild, the FireBreather.

Exodus opened its office in Livonia last year. Filming of their inaugural film project, "Jinn," will begin in the Detroit area next month. They will employ local talent in the creation of this film as they did in the making of the movie's hero car. The company plans to use this Michigan-centered model to accomplish their long term goals: "creation of permanent local jobs, continued industry training, and retention of intellectual property."

Detroit's Autorama runs February 26-28 at Cobo Hall. Visitors to the Exodus display will have the opportunity to see the movie car, meet Park and Ahmad, and view the never-before-seen "Jinn" teaser.

About Exodus:

Exodus Pictures, LLC is a motion picture production company based in Livonia, Mi. Our mission is to create groundbreaking and inspiring entertainment that starts, but does not end at film. The Exodus vision is to create and produce high concept and innovative intellectual property. These "franchise" properties will be created by using established Hollywood resources while harnessing and supporting the abundant talent that Michigan has to offer.
Faisal Ahmad
Special Vehicles Producer
Exodus Pictures
www.The-FireBreather.com
Exodus Pictures is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 11:10 AM   #83
The Dark Knight
Batmobile in Disguise

Drives: 2009 Pontiac G8
Here it is folks!

http://jalopnik.com/5481106/exodus-f...her//gallery/4

Old 02-26-2010, 11:19 AM   #84
TommyTSquared

Drives: RSSS
Lighting on those pictures is pretty bad. Hard to tell much of anything. Seems like it could look cool
TommyTSquared is offline   Reply With Quote