Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-26-2006, 09:40 AM   #1
jbynum69
God of thunder

Drives: 95 Mustang GT
news!!!!!

Now that I have your attention I would like to see how many remember the big event in october that will probably be cake that we all wanted to see .

in october the big show will probably have(wishing) the real look of the new camaro and challenger. I figure that bob has some tricks up his sleeve to present this jewel and jason his jewel at the show oct. 31st.

If I am not mistaken this is usually when the big three make there marks for future autos.

Might be wrong but would be nice to see the real deal before 08.
Also www.edmunds.com/insideline/ also might get a spy shot of it before its unveiling in 08 (the reason for the 08 comment is production to be finished by 08 according to gm) .

My first car was a 72 ss
I've owned 9 camaro's over the yrs...:
jbynum69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2006, 06:44 PM   #2
Cleric

Drives: not a 5th gen
so what are you saying?

im lost
Cleric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2006, 07:14 PM   #3
birdy233

Drives: Mini Cooper S
I think he is saying that some big event??? in October will hopefully show the production version of the Camaro and Challenger......

I don't think so. The Camaro is nowhere near a production car at this point. Now if this was Oct 2007...maybe
birdy233 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006, 12:49 AM   #4
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
SEMA SHOW........that's what's happening. Think it starts Oct. 31st and goes for 4 or 5 days into November. I think he's hoping that GM will finally have a production version ready and show it at SEMA. But, I seriously doubt that happens. They aren't close to knowing all that they are going to offer. That's gonna take time. I'm sure that they will release more information (hopefully engine size), but they won't release everything. It's just a give and take game for them. They give a little info, and we take it and talk about it until they release something else. GM will want to dominate the SEMA show. They are going to have to do something bigger than just bring in the concept. That's why I'm so pissed that I'll be in Vegas at the time but I can't get in.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006, 11:09 AM   #5
jbynum69
God of thunder

Drives: 95 Mustang GT
actually what I mean is that gm , dodge and ford will debut their future rides .
May'be I will see also the details of the future camaro , challenger and ford products like the shelby gt (not gt500).

AND if you think that gm cannot build this camaro before oct 31st, you are mistaken, they can with an in house production team and design team
BUT they most likely won't, just like TAG UR IT said . It is like the old saying "give em an inch and they will take a mile" . that is why i said hopefully they will !

My first car was a 72 ss
I've owned 9 camaro's over the yrs...:
jbynum69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006, 12:50 PM   #6
birdy233

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbynum69
AND if you think that gm cannot build this camaro before oct 31st, you are mistaken, they can with an in house production team and design team

I don't doubt the ability of the design/production team....but a full production version a a few months after the announced they are going to build the car???? Good, but not that good, these things take time. My guess is they will only show what they currently have, the silver Camaro.

Now they may announce some new details about the production version, maybe powertrain options since they already said that was firmed up....let's dig this thread up in October and see what car they have, I hope I'm wrong, but I doubt it.
Old 08-27-2006, 04:12 PM   #7
Cleric

Drives: not a 5th gen
no way could they have a full production ready. I would think that if they could the car could be avalabe next summer. The are prolly still looking at vendors/suppliers to give them parts they need and get the specs they need. But i would think they could release like engine sizes or something.
Cleric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006, 04:20 PM   #8
birdy233

That is correct, if a production car was ready, we would have it by late next year...They still have to convert the plant for the Zeta platform and that will take a year itself and as you said vendors, etc, now I still think we may see a summer/fall 2008 release, we can hope, right?

GM officials already mentioned somewhere that powertrains where already know, so maybe we may find that out in October.
Old 08-29-2006, 08:13 AM   #9
BlacLac02
Banned

Drives: 2002 Cadillac Escalade & STS
Send a message via AIM to BlacLac02
im sure that they will have a product version done for detroit auto show next year. because if they dont have one done by that time doing it in 2008 will not be enough time for the car to get out and seen since they are starting production in last quarter of 08. so i believe we will see a true version of what its going to be at detroits show in 07
BlacLac02 is offline   Reply With Quote