Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 10-22-2013, 03:37 PM   #1
Algeron

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Convertible, 1998 Z28
Vibration

I wanted to ask a question to the group to see what kind of background info I can get before I go to the dealer.

I have a 2011 2SS convertible with the 21" factory rims and the original Pirelli tires. My car has about 16k miles on it. Recently, I have noticed that the car has a very serious (my opinion) vibration once I hit about 70-75 mph (while driving on I-95). The faster the car goes over 75, the worse the vibration becomes. From making 2 trips to FL in the past 2 months, the vibration has caused the cable wrap in the trunk to rub a hole in my weather stripping. Is this normal? If not, and I am assuming it is not, what would be the possible cause?

Thanks

Old 10-22-2013, 03:44 PM   #2
tramtwo

Drives: 2021 1LE
I had the 21s on my 2011 Convertible. Same issue. I had the dealer road force balance the tires and it corrected the problem.

The cable wrap/ weather stripping is a known seperate issue. Have the dealer address them both.
tramtwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 04:12 PM   #3
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Algeron View Post
I wanted to ask a question to the group to see what kind of background info I can get before I go to the dealer.

I have a 2011 2SS convertible with the 21" factory rims and the original Pirelli tires. My car has about 16k miles on it. Recently, I have noticed that the car has a very serious (my opinion) vibration once I hit about 70-75 mph (while driving on I-95). The faster the car goes over 75, the worse the vibration becomes. From making 2 trips to FL in the past 2 months, the vibration has caused the cable wrap in the trunk to rub a hole in my weather stripping. Is this normal? If not, and I am assuming it is not, what would be the possible cause?

Thanks
Algeron,

Long time no hear! I do apologize about your vibration concerns and I certainly understand the displeasure you're feeling. I realize you're seeking community opinions, and wanted to extend an offer of assistance if needed. Feel free to contact me privately and we can get the process involving an official diagnosis started.

Kindly,

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 04:14 PM   #4
ABMLS3

Drives: 2010 Aqua Blue Camaro 2SS/RS
My car is being fixed right now, I felt a lot of vibration... Wound up being my drive shaft was bent

Power Source Performance Turbo Kit

416 C.I ,TH400
Instagram: TomTraube
COTW ABMLS3 Build Thread
ABMLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 04:17 PM   #5
45thCamaro

Drives: 2012 Camaro 45th Anniversary RS
The road force balancing does help. I had a set of wheels chromed and powder coated and the person who mounted them only balanced one side. The road force balance corrected my wheels about 90-95%. I get a small amount now. But it's not near as bad as it used to be. But that would be for the tires. If your whole car is having a bad vibration, something isn't spinning properly and is off center (my opinion). Keep us posted with what's going on.
45thCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 09:02 PM   #6
AdamEL
Adam E. Lucchesi

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS LS3 VR
Send a message via AIM to AdamEL
Definitely sounds like a balance problem. At 16,000 miles, have you ever had the balance checked?
AdamEL is offline   Reply With Quote