Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 06-09-2013, 06:27 AM   #1
Vroom_vroom
The gritos pollo!!!

Drives: Like a idiot
Exhaust dilemma need some help.

So I have had the slp loudmouth 1 on my car for a week now and I do like the sound, just not over 3k it sounds like you are tryi g to race every one from a red light. And its loud as shit in the car. But now I'm at the point do I try and salvage it and add a resonated x pipe? Not sure if it will quiet the whole thing down of not or do I have to throw in the towel and buy a new axel back.
o; Slp loud mouth I|maganflow x-pipe|Injen long ram intake
|brembo brake upgrade| russell s.s. lines|2LT polished 19's|billet 5mm spacers|tinted tail lights&markers|pdmi|billet c. can|
'13 Avenger R/T
'77 T/A 6.6;, draining my wallet.
Vroom_vroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 07:10 AM   #2
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
If you are happy with the sound but not the volume a resonated x-pipe should help bring it down a bit.
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 07:20 AM   #3
Vroom_vroom
The gritos pollo!!!

Was hopeful you would chime in. The sound on it is not bad i love the loud idle on it but when you hit 3k it becomes a bit stupid inside the car. Was wondering how effective the x pipe really was or do I need to suck it up and buy and get the mrt v2. I got the loudmouth for 200 bucks so I couldn't say no to it but its very intrusive inside the car.
|brembo brake upgrade| russell s.s. lines|2LT polished 19's|billet 5mm spacers|tinted tail lights&markers|pdmi|billet c. can|
'13 Avenger R/T
Old 06-09-2013, 07:25 AM   #4
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vroom_vroom View Post
Was hopeful you would chime in. The sound on it is not bad i love the loud idle on it but when you hit 3k it becomes a bit stupid inside the car. Was wondering how effective the x pipe really was or do I need to suck it up and buy and get the mrt v2. I got the loudmouth for 200 bucks so I couldn't say no to it but its very intrusive inside the car.
What you hear inside the car around 3K is probably Drone. The MRT V2 also has some drone, but it is not as bad. I say it sounds a lot different outside the car than you hear inside at that speed. You may want to look into getting some J-pipes from Solo to cut down the drone.
Old 06-09-2013, 07:27 AM   #5
Vroom_vroom
The gritos pollo!!!

It turns into a very sharp sound if that makes any sense.
'13 Avenger R/T
Old 06-09-2013, 07:31 AM   #6
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Quote:
It turns into a very sharp sound if that makes any sense.
Well that is a issue with a twin cam V6 more than anything. Even with my MRT V2 it gets high pitched at higher RPMs. The resonated XPipe will cut that down some on the volume and some on the pitch but it will still be noticeable.
Old 06-09-2013, 04:34 PM   #7
Vroom_vroom
The gritos pollo!!!

How is your v2 inside the car during normal driving? That's what's really killing me. I wanted something I could actually hear but not being offensive In the car. Debating if I should just go with the v2.
'13 Avenger R/T
Old 06-09-2013, 04:55 PM   #8
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Quote:
How is your v2 inside the car during normal driving? That's what's really killing me. I wanted something I could actually hear but not being offensive In the car. Debating if I should just go with the v2.
Normal driving is fine, cruising at 70 is good until you load the engine like going up hills around 1800 to 2000 rpm then it gets loud inside, but not unbearable.
I would say 90 percent of the time it is either unnoticeable or sounding good to me. But as I have stated with any exhaust what sounds good to me may sound bad to someone else. Also I have a Convertible so the sound I here may not be the same as in a coupe. When I have the top down it is never too loud though, I guess since the closed cabin when the top is up can act like a reverb chamber. But I am just guessing.
Overall I really like the way my car sounds now.
Old 06-09-2013, 05:02 PM   #9
Vroom_vroom
The gritos pollo!!!

That is exactly what I have going now. It's. big damn reverb chamber on take offs. I am happy with everything else just the take offs suck with the windows up.
'13 Avenger R/T
Old 06-09-2013, 05:06 PM   #10
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Quote:
That is exactly what I have going now. It's. big damn reverb chamber on take offs. I am happy with everything else just the take offs suck with the windows up.
It was so bad when I first installed it that I was ready to go back to stock, but people on here convinced me to let it season in and I am glad I did.
I have had mine on a couple thousand miles and it has gotten better.
Old 06-10-2013, 05:45 PM   #11
skibik

Drives: bbbbbb
Before ditching the exhaust get underneath the car and make sure all the rubber grommets are still in the hangers and something is not out of place. Other thing to check for is to make sure the exhaust isn't touching anything or tight up against anything. These things will transmit sound straight into the car.

I have V2.0 exhaust and I don't notice the drone that everyone claims. I do have some sound in the car but I expected it. I do notice that when I get into or around the 2000 to 2400 RPM range it does get a tone in the car but to me it is not annoying, it's expected, and I don't get to drive that fast around here. I think when I hit the 2000 RPM mark I think I am in the 80+ MPH range(been awhile since I have broken the speed limit that much so can't remember). I have an automatic and speed limits here are 55 so I cruise at 60 MPH and the tach is reading around 1500+ RPM. I have been on the freeway cruising at 75+ and I have noticed it does get a little louder in the car but then I have a lot of road noise to go along with it also.

Dean.
skibik is offline   Reply With Quote