Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-01-2010, 09:02 PM   #869
CaMeRoN187

Drives: 2011 SW 1LT
this is bullshit we wanted new colors
CaMeRoN187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 09:16 PM   #870
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaMeRoN187 View Post
this is bullshit we wanted new colors
You okay there, chief?
Old 06-01-2010, 09:20 PM   #871
Marc NY
GM Powered!

Drives: SSR & An SS Camaro Next?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevyrocker View Post
Relax dude...if you were selling 10,000 Camaro's a month without having to pay out rebates, would you? If they put a $2,000 rebate on the car, they'd be paying out $20,000,000 a month to sell something that sells well on its own...
Chevyrocker is correct. We are selling every one we can make so why in the world would GM or any other car company for that matter offer any rebates on such a hot vehicle?

Now just think if you were a GM employee you would have lost some fairly big $$$ because our old GMS pricing gave way to our new GM employee program that started early in January 2010. We now have a much smaller discount being the Supplier discount + our new EVA (Employee Vehicle Allowance) which is a whopping $0.00.

So don't even dream of getting any rebates period!!!

Marc NY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 09:25 PM   #872
CaMeRoN187

Drives: 2011 SW 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
You okay there, chief?
RAWRHFUIFHUSFHFUOHFIOHFIOJFIOAHIOGHSAIOG

CaMeRoN187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 09:50 PM   #873
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaMeRoN187 View Post
RAWRHFUIFHUSFHFUOHFIOHFIOJFIOAHIOGHSAIOG

Old 06-01-2010, 11:20 PM   #874
OverZeaLouS

Drives: 17 Camaro 2SS & 16 acura TLX
Quote:
Originally Posted by dannkimmel View Post
i would bet that there will be more changes to the "11"s but for now isnt the horse power increase the most important for our little rival over at the blue oval..........
delevery of 1lt rjt......TOMMAROW!!!!!! 4 months early thanks to a lot of help from the guys at bob johson chevrolet in rochester ny.
I don't get it??? Quite a few of you are so excited about 312hp over 304hp? WHY?
The part that really boggles me is. The new rating isn't because of a new exhaust or intake programmimg. Its not an ECU tune from factory. Its a rescale performed by the sae. In other words. Its been put on a different dyno to get these numbers.
Basically, this means the camaro v6 still has the same 0-60 in the range of 6.0 to 6.3 seconds. While the mustang v6 between 5.3 and 5.5sec.

Just so you guys know. I'm a camaro fan and don't like mustangs. I'm not here to say the mustang is better. Imho I prefer camaro over mustang any day. But these numbers of 312 don't make the car go faster so... they are just numbers...
OverZeaLouS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 12:02 AM   #875
OverZeaLouS

Drives: 17 Camaro 2SS & 16 acura TLX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc NY View Post
Chevyrocker is correct. We are selling every one we can make so why in the world would GM or any other car company for that matter offer any rebates on such a hot vehicle?

Now just think if you were a GM employee you would have lost some fairly big $$$ because our old GMS pricing gave way to our new GM employee program that started early in January 2010. We now have a much smaller discount being the Supplier discount + our new EVA (Employee Vehicle Allowance) which is a whopping $0.00.

So don't even dream of getting any rebates period!!!
This is the answer that will make the consumer really think about your answer and his next purchase. By year end. Chevy will have sold nearly 100,000 camaros. That is 10x more than 370z sales. 5x more than genesis coupe sales and 2x as much as ford mustang sales for 2010.
From where we stand it looks like the camaro will have an estimated 5 year run. If the camaro sells 500,000 vehicles in 5 years, the car will be worthless. Without offering a year end incentive. GM will be denying the consumers a cushion of NOT being hit with the inevitable SPIRAL NOSE-DIVE DEPRECIATION of the camaros value. This is simple math that has been repeated a few times in history. The gotta have it phase is almost gone. Retro cars as a whole is a dwindling business. Granted the camaro made this one really right to defy lackluster sales. But other cars like charger, challenger, mustang, hhr are seeing declines in sales. The sport coupes will continue to sell no matter what because they are the only 350+hp cars under 40k in the market.
All of this means nothing for the buyers who say. My camaro is for life. Realistically, that's 15% of all camaro purschasers. Also, there are more 2010 used camaros than any other 2010 car. My region of 500 miles radius has 475 used camaros. By 2011 sales time. I think that number will grow significantly. So now, not only GM will compete against other car companies. But nationally, there will be at least 3,000 low mileage affordable well equipped newsed camaros.
Demand is high for a camaro. YES. But the 1st year always pulls blinded enthusiasts, by year 2 and 3, shoppers become more biased and compare more. Starting with an incentive early on would benefit the company. Especially since there is absolutely NO EXCLUSIVITY to owning a camaro. Its just a mass produced car.
GM, is making a comeback, now is not the time to get overly cocky over 7 models out of over 40 that are actually selling. Corvette, camaro, lacrosse, enclave, cts, srx, and escalade
OverZeaLouS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 12:40 AM   #876
SSINSTR
Michelin Man Assassin

Drives: '10 IBM 2SS/RS LS3
HUD is cool. Whether it was wait the model year is debatable. I didn't really expect any major changes other than to improve the build quality. Hopefully we'll see this Z next year.
Old 06-02-2010, 03:18 AM   #877

Drives: Camaro 2SS/RS/AT silver(MOD458 HP)
I have a 2 SS with 100 miles-need the HUD

I am one of those who loves the HUD, I wonder if I can add it to the 2010 2SS ? I know there are after market models but those do lot integrate with the information on the car completely.
avatara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 03:27 AM   #878

Drives: Camaro 2SS/RS/AT silver(MOD458 HP)
Agree !

One of the nice things about a Camaro is they are customizable and thats where you can get the performance. Most of this however is bagging rights. I have a friend who own a GT-R which is twice the price of a Camaro with fancy game interface like display dash(Grand Turismo). He likes the simplicity of the Camaro 2SS. Ultimately the 6.2 L engine and the smoothness of it and the handling of the suspension (stock) is just impressive. The L99 does not sweat much to produce the numbers. so L99 6.2 is the real number to command reverence !. this car is demanding attention in Europe and Australia (Ignore the Top gear's deliberate attempts to ignore it exists !)
avatara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 09:42 AM   #879
Sledheadrick
Got vert??

Drives: 2004 Pontiac GTO
Still no vert????

Damn.

How long am I supposed to wait? The new Stang has vert.....and a 5.0 thumper.
Current rides:
2004 GTO, mods: some-a-dis, some-a-dat
2007 TBSS
Sledheadrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 10:00 AM   #880
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sledheadrick View Post
Still no vert????

Damn.

How long am I supposed to wait? The new Stang has vert.....and a 5.0 thumper.
Early 2011. And why do you care about a smaller displacement engine? Wanting a faster car? Sure. Wanting less displacement?
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 10:23 AM   #881
Marc NY
GM Powered!

Drives: SSR & An SS Camaro Next?
Arrow I don't think rebates will be the answer only if the market dies completely...

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverZeaLouS View Post
This is the answer that will make the consumer really think about your answer and his next purchase. By year end. Chevy will have sold nearly 100,000 camaros. That is 10x more than 370z sales. 5x more than genesis coupe sales and 2x as much as ford mustang sales for 2010.
From where we stand it looks like the camaro will have an estimated 5 year run. If the camaro sells 500,000 vehicles in 5 years, the car will be worthless. Without offering a year end incentive. GM will be denying the consumers a cushion of NOT being hit with the inevitable SPIRAL NOSE-DIVE DEPRECIATION of the camaros value. This is simple math that has been repeated a few times in history. The gotta have it phase is almost gone. Retro cars as a whole is a dwindling business. Granted the camaro made this one really right to defy lackluster sales. But other cars like charger, challenger, mustang, hhr are seeing declines in sales. The sport coupes will continue to sell no matter what because they are the only 350+hp cars under 40k in the market.
All of this means nothing for the buyers who say. My camaro is for life. Realistically, that's 15% of all camaro purschasers. Also, there are more 2010 used camaros than any other 2010 car. My region of 500 miles radius has 475 used camaros. By 2011 sales time. I think that number will grow significantly. So now, not only GM will compete against other car companies. But nationally, there will be at least 3,000 low mileage affordable well equipped newsed camaros.
Demand is high for a camaro. YES. But the 1st year always pulls blinded enthusiasts, by year 2 and 3, shoppers become more biased and compare more. Starting with an incentive early on would benefit the company. Especially since there is absolutely NO EXCLUSIVITY to owning a camaro. Its just a mass produced car. GM, is making a comeback, now is not the time to get overly cocky over 7 models out of over 40 that are actually selling. Corvette, camaro, lacrosse, enclave, cts, srx, and escalade
You have made some valid points... however let me use a slightly similar but different comparison were there were only 24,112 SSRs made in a short 4 years life span. Yes, a lot less than the Camaro in it's first year. To use the rebate as another comparison we can look at the SSRs in their second year (2004) where the SSRs got a huge rebate $7,500.00 (a few months after I bought mine) that was suppose to help bring down what was considered to be a much "too high" of a base price ($40,000 ish). The average SSR was around $43-46,000 mine was ($47,000+) after I got my GM discount I still paid $47,000.00 with taxes.

That briefly helped out sales for the customers... but those that bought an 04 with a rebate were quite happy but in the end it only caused the market to tank on the SSRs even further. IMO it scared off future owners and just helped cause an earlier and quicker demise! :(

Marc NY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 03:35 PM   #882
synergygreen

Drives: 2010 Synergy Green Camaro LT
Anyone know how many 2010 synergy green's were made??
synergygreen is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2011, 2011 camaro, 2011 chevrolet camaro, 2011 chevy camaro, trolls