Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 05-07-2014, 08:36 AM   #1
MikeLA2011ss

Drives: 2011 TT 416ci Camaro
For those with tr6060 over 700hp! GOOD INFO

Whats up guys, so through lots of research and talking with many professional, very reputable transmission guys, i found a problem as to why my tranny is " whining". I drained my transmission oil ( obviously was too late) it came out black and had absolutely no viscosity. SOOO under heavy load over 700hp/tq at peak tq/hp your front end comes up, when that happens the transmission oil ( cooled or not) will transfer enough to where your input and cluster will have no lubrication ( even only for 2 seconds) which causes heat to begin building up. After a while of the same scenario your trans oil will begin to break down and the contact point of the 2 will begin to wear (possible bearing also) after a while you will hear a slight whine, it will get worse, only happening in 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 5th and 6th. it wont happen in 4th. the noise will get worse and eventually result in a blown trans. ( catastrophic )
Solution- hook up a pump with a suction from the back of the trans to the front with a nozzle inside that recircs oil onto this point. Running a trans cooler is recommended as well. totaly cost to do this would be $75-$100 for welding/ bung, $150 for pump, $40-$50 in STEEL braided lines/ fittings.
MikeLA2011ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 08:52 AM   #2
10aSSee D

Drives: Silver 2010 SS Camaro
Good to know.

ADM built 417, 2.9L Whipple with 3.250 pulley, ADM ported and polished LSA heads,ADM stage3 cam,ADM LSA belt drive system,ADM CAI race scoop, ADM dual fuel pumps, ID 850's, BMR full suspension, Gforce 9 inch kit with 3.5 inch driveshaft, Street Slayer twin carbon clutch, Lingenfelter oil seperator. Tuned by built by ADM Performance, 763rwhp,705rwtq
10aSSee D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 09:10 AM   #3
MikeLA2011ss

Drives: 2011 TT 416ci Camaro
Also, to activate the pump, you can set it up to be on a toggle switch when your about to get on it or perhaps some way tie it in and have it turn on with boost/ throttle position, ill keep an update on how i have it set up when the new trans comes in.
MikeLA2011ss is offline   Reply With Quote