Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 11-25-2011, 11:20 PM   #1
Teddy RS
2010 RS

Drives: 2010 Camaro RS
Long tube headers vs bbk Long tubes

Well I'm debating between obx long tubes or the bbks now I know that bbk comes with h/flow cats and obx doesn't but was thinking about running bbks without cats anyway. It doesn't really matter to me cats or no cats just looking for most horses.So my question Is which of these headers gives more horsepower? Been really confused on which to buy so I really appreciate anyones insite thanks
Teddy RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 11:28 PM   #2
bcperry
Engineer in Training

Drives: IBM 2010 Camaro LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddy RS View Post
Well I'm debating between obx long tubes or the bbks now I know that bbk comes with h/flow cats and obx doesn't but was thinking about running bbks without cats anyway. It doesn't really matter to me cats or no cats just looking for most horses.So my question Is which of these headers gives more horsepower? Been really confused on which to buy so I really appreciate anyones insite thanks
most say that there's no real difference. Its just personal preference. I like my BBK's, others like their OBX's.
Old 11-25-2011, 11:59 PM   #3
Cyber Gray
Wind Rider

Drives: ZL1 19 White; Jeep 5.7 GC 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcperry View Post
most say that there's no real difference. Its just personal preference. I like my BBK's, others like their OBX's.
True.

The gains are same with all LTs.
Old 11-26-2011, 12:07 AM   #4
SIXJAK

Drives: MO's only SC'd LLT.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcperry View Post

There is a difference in price though. OP, good luck with your decision.
IPF supercharger kit, IPF tune, SW LT's, R. Tech HFC's, ARK DT-S catback, SS Brembo brake upgrade, BC Racing adjustable coilovers, Hurst STS, Pfadt rear arm package, Pfadt adjustable sways & end links, Pfadt diff bushings, BMR rear cradle full kit blk bezels,SS diffuser, Innovate gauges.
SIXJAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 12:37 AM   #5
OOLIE

Drives: 2011 LS
If you were thinking cat delete then OBX are your best choice as you aren't paying for something like HF Cats your not going to use. IF you want the HFC then might as well go BBK as it will probably work out to the same price if you add HFC to the OBX.
Old 11-26-2011, 12:48 AM   #6
bcperry
Engineer in Training

Drives: IBM 2010 Camaro LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SIXJAK View Post
There is a difference in price though. OP, good luck with your decision.
indeed...
Old 11-26-2011, 01:40 AM   #7
hunterv6
Always bet on Black

Drives: 2011 turbo LS, 2012 f 150,
Quote:
Originally Posted by OOLIE View Post
If you were thinking cat delete then OBX are your best choice as you aren't paying for something like HF Cats your not going to use. IF you want the HFC then might as well go BBK as it will probably work out to the same price if you add HFC to the OBX.
+1 this I the reason I chose obx
<font color=#0066cc>http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=283263</font>
hunterv6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 05:32 PM   #8
cam fan

Drives: fast
is it possible to keep stock cats and w the obx lt's?
Old 12-03-2011, 05:57 PM   #9
OOLIE

Drives: 2011 LS
would be tough to fit I think as the LT headers drop down past the 1st pair of cats you may be able to cut them off IDK.
Old 12-04-2011, 08:35 AM   #10
hapisok
crazier than a coconut

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS LS3
are you planning on changing out your exhaust too? BBK's were easy and bolt right up to your stock exhaust. being in CA, would you be able to pass inspection without having CAT's?
Old 01-24-2012, 08:21 AM   #11
DVAS

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS
I just found BBK "Full Length" Headers part number #4031... There is also and extra piece in the picture, looks like a replacement for your cat. Can anyone verify if these work okay, what the extension (piece) is for, and installation, emmisions, tuned required, and warranty effected or not? Thanks in advace for all the questions, but looking to pull the trigger on some of my first mods. and it sounds like you all have experience with this. Thanks in advance.
DVAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 08:29 AM   #12
rtcat600man
having FUN now 13.66@101

Drives: 2010 2LT IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DVAS View Post
I just found BBK "Full Length" Headers part number #4031... There is also and extra piece in the picture, looks like a replacement for your cat. Can anyone verify if these work okay, what the extension (piece) is for, and installation, emmisions, tuned required, and warranty effected or not? Thanks in advace for all the questions, but looking to pull the trigger on some of my first mods. and it sounds like you all have experience with this. Thanks in advance.

You are in the V6 section. You will get more help from those in the v8 section.
Old 01-24-2012, 08:30 AM   #13
GoldCartridgeGamer

Drives: 2014 Ford SVT Raptor SuperCrew
Quote:
Originally Posted by OOLIE View Post

How to hug your camaro
Buy the car that you would most like to get beat in. The other guy will always be faster.
GoldCartridgeGamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 08:38 AM   #14
Blade

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS BVM
Send a message via AIM to Blade
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddy RS View Post
Money is the biggest difference. Buy what you can afford, I am very happy with my ARH setup.

2012 2SS/RS Build Thread - Totaled by red light runner

2010 LT/RS Build Thread - Traded in for 2012 2SS

2007 Acura TSX

1992 Oldsmobile Achieva V6

1992 Mercury Sable
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote