Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-16-2010, 12:37 PM   #15
greenrail
Comic Curmudgeon

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS-2010 VW CC Sport
One thing I firmly believe in is that competition drives improvement. It is one of the reasons why I feel that all of the turmoil seen by the Detroit three was a clarion call to drive them to build better vehicles.

As I have stated, many times on here. My dream garage (if I had no Budget Limits) would contain a Challenger, a Camaro and a Mustang. I like all of them.
Old 06-16-2010, 12:59 PM   #16
paulj7272

Drives: White 2SS RS with inferno stripes
My other car is an Audi A8L - certainly a luxury interior. I don't find the camaro interior cheap, the stereo area is ok but all in all they did a great job. The seats and the steering wheel are great - those are the things people notice. They could have put a nav system in for a few grand more but frankly MOST navi systems look cheap. The audi has a great navi system which looks 'rich' in my opinion but most systems even high end look cheap to me. I think its great that GM passed on the navi.
paulj7272 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 01:05 PM   #17
attymf

Drives: 2017 SS
I'm gonna cover my dash with some baby seal skin and replace the shifter with an elephant tusk shifter
attymf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 03:47 PM   #18
green man

Drives: 1SS/RS M6
The interior quality is spot on for it's price point. If you want an Audi interior and a 400+ hp V8 then you better be willing to spend $55k+.
Old 06-16-2010, 03:55 PM   #19
2010 SSRS

Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
I love my interior
Old 06-16-2010, 04:15 PM   #20
MikeZ28

Drives: '04 GTO, '00 Z28, '95 Z28
The base interior is OK. But they should have an option for diamond-polished palladium metal accents, with wood inlays from endangered teak forests, and a dash lining made from the silky smooth skin of young human virgins. The carpeting and headliner could be woven from mink fur.
MikeZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 04:19 PM   #21
Stormyone

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS IOM/IOM M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by green man View Post
The interior quality is spot on for it's price point. If you want an Audi interior and a 400+ hp V8 then you better be willing to spend $55k+.
Old 06-16-2010, 05:19 PM   #22
vuduman67

Drives: Victory Red 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeZ28 View Post
The base interior is OK. But they should have an option for diamond-polished palladium metal accents, with wood inlays from endangered teak forests, and a dash lining made from the silky smooth skin of young human virgins. The carpeting and headliner could be woven from mink fur.
vuduman67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 05:28 PM   #23
wylde1
I am the Stig

Drives: Black w/ IOM stripe 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeZ28 View Post

Don't forget baby panda seat covers. It's really the finishing touch you can't do without.
Old 06-16-2010, 05:28 PM   #24
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenrail View Post
If the criticism inspires the Camaro team to improve the quality of materials in the Camaro, all I can say is "Bravo!" !
Yeah, well they could screw it up too. The interior of this car is what it is. A muscle car interior. It fits this car perfectly. That's what a lot of people don't get. They don't know what a muscle car is or should feel like. I don't want my interior to look like a Malibu or a Traverse.
BackinBlackSS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 05:33 PM   #25
AZCamaroFan
Camaro6 2016-2018

Drives: sometimes
I'm still trying to figure out what a "muscle car interior" is.
AZCamaroFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 05:42 PM   #26
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZCamaroFan View Post
I'm still trying to figure out what a "muscle car interior" is.
I rest my case.
BackinBlackSS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 08:06 PM   #27
greenrail
Comic Curmudgeon

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS-2010 VW CC Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by BackinBlackSS/RS View Post
Yeah, well they could screw it up too. The interior of this car is what it is. A muscle car interior. It fits this car perfectly. That's what a lot of people don't get. They don't know what a muscle car is or should feel like. I don't want my interior to look like a Malibu or a Traverse.
........ Or they will improve it, generate more sales and be able to do a sixth gen, Z28, etc, etc, etc

The quality, of the Malbu interior is top notch to me. The materials are excellent, the layout fits the nature of the car, and at that price point, it is a great value.

$35k - $40k is a much higher price point, and today's buyers expect more. Not only performance, which to us is the high point of this car. The overall styling ( Gun-slits be damned) is first rate. No doubt about that.

Way back in the "day", the perception started to really take hold about interior materials. I can still remember howw excited people were when cars started to have a "padded dash!"

Regardless, I absolutely love my Camaro. My hope is for more people to get on this bandwagon.

If changing the types of materials in the interior helps maintain and/or boost sales! That is (for all of us) a good thing.

The market isn't just a bunch of old farts who can accept most anything in the name of performance. I say that because I can easily qualifyas one of them.

I am sick of seeing our Detroit three constantly taking a beating, because we aren't measuring up to their standards.

This is why I get excited to see new vehicles like the Camaro, Malbu, Equinox, Traveres, Taurus, Fusion, Mustang, Challenger, CTS's, New Charger, New 300, etc. coming on the market. Let's start kicking some foreign based butt.