Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southeast

Old 07-20-2010, 03:00 PM   #337
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by light-my-firebyrd View Post
skyman, i still don't know what you're upset about. no one here is saying you can't belong to our club, nor should u bow out. brownstone,304 and i have been saying that the club has been getting about 10 consistent 'members' who show up for our club meetings and get togethers. that is important when DECISIONS have to be made concerning what the club is all about. I guess i question why u would be upset about how this club is being formed and run.
Skyman, you have had AMPLE opportunities to come out and talk to us and give your opinion in person. i have taken time out of MY family time to go to our club meetings so i can be heard and to MEET other club members. It's too easy to say i belong to a club and NEVER come to our meets. I think that is just common sense when u say you belong to a club. Perhaps i am in the minority but i doubt it. Skyman, i have no ill feelings toward you, and i wish you the best.
From what I recall there have only been 4 "Meetings" at the most, and one get together for a ride, and as I recall most if not all of the Meetings were at a location that I do not think is a family type business. You can disagree if you want but like I said before I have never been to a Hooters and never will, and if you insist on holding meetings in those type Establishments then I will never be attending. So on that account alone I don't feel that this is the club for me and my wife.
Another thing with me and I don't know why i am even telling you this, Is since I have been unemployed, I have been trying to use my Gas budget as wisely as i can, making a 200 mile trip and spending 4 hours of travel time a month would take most of my extra gas budget I have allocated. This month I used part it to go with my son to the Tail of the Dragon... and what budget I have saved this month and the past two months is going to go for a trip next month with my wife to Myrtle Beach, which we have not been on a vacation in over a year and a half.... So which do you see as being most important. Attending meetings in locations that are 100 miles away, or making my money count with my family?

PS. By the way, Glad you used my suggestion about putting the website address on the shirt.. if I didn't care about the club and how it was run I wouldn't have made the suggestion...

Last edited by Angrybird 12; 07-20-2010 at 03:22 PM.
Angrybird 12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 03:34 PM   #338
DESMO

Drives: 2010Camaro 2SS,Ducati Hypermotard
Hey guys, there's a Camaro Exhibit at the Corvette Museum in September. Not sure if you guys would want to make that drive, but it would be great for our first TN wide gathering (even though it's in Bowling Green, KY).

I went through the Museum a few weeks ago . Really enjoyed it, and had thought about making a return trip when I heard about the Camaro exibit planned there.

It's about a 3.5 - 4 hour haul from Chattanooga, probably about the same from Knoxville.
DESMO
DESMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 03:38 PM   #339
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DESMO View Post
Hey guys, there's a Camaro Exhibit at the Corvette Museum in September. Not sure if you guys would want to make that drive, but it would be great for our first TN wide gathering (even though it's in Bowling Green, KY).

I went through the Museum a few weeks ago . Really enjoyed it, and had thought about making a return trip when I heard about the Camaro exibit planned there.

It's about a 3.5 - 4 hour haul from Chattanooga, probably about the same from Knoxville.
DESMO
did you get to take the plant tour? I did back a few years ago, it was awesum...
Old 07-20-2010, 04:01 PM   #340
KnoxCamaro5

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tysen View Post
Looks like this is a 2006 Camaro/Firebird reunion on September 14-16. Could be cool to check it out. A trip to the museum would be fun at any time of year.

http://www.corvettemuseum.com/regist...y/agenda.shtml

Last edited by KnoxCamaro5; 07-20-2010 at 05:43 PM.
KnoxCamaro5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 08:07 PM   #341
Tysen

Drives: 2011 RJT 2SS/RS M6
I think that is outdated, if you click on the link for more information it says something about a 2007/2008 reunion. This exhibit is supposed to have the Papa John's Camaro, the Dale Earnhardt Edition Camaro, and Bumblebee from Transformers (according to this thread).

304, the Nashville club is doing ok, but we've had three meets so far and I've only seen 3 other members. Have a lot of interest on the forums but attendance is dismal. I blame the fact that 101st is deployed right now, because there are normally a lot of Camaros in this area.
Old 07-21-2010, 06:29 AM   #342
DESMO

did you get to take the plant tour? I did back a few years ago, it was awesum...

No, unfortunately.

We were heading to Indianapolis, and just took a break to go through the Museum.

DESMO
Old 07-21-2010, 06:52 AM   #343
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DESMO View Post

No, unfortunately.

We were heading to Indianapolis, and just took a break to go through the Museum.

DESMO
You missed out on an experience, back when I went they were only giving 2 tours a day and none on weekends...I have also take the tour of the saturn plant in Spring Hill (back in 2005), and the BMW plant in South Carolina (in 2003)...I liked the Vette plant the best...

PS, Just in case you didn't know, if you are wanting to quote someone's post in your reply, just click the button in the lower right of the post you are wanting to quote, it will automattically put it in your reply.
Old 07-21-2010, 07:29 AM   #344
DESMO

Thanks, I wondered how to do that the RIGHT way!

DESMO
Old 07-21-2010, 02:17 PM   #345
GMteSSted

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Thumbs up Somernites Power Cruise - From Knoxville

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_breeze View Post
I am going to try to go. I will sign up when I know for sure. I think it will be a great trip. I went to the Somernites Cruise in Somerset, KY. a couple of weeks ago. It was camaro - firebirds weekend. There were about 5 gen5 camaros there. Had a great time. There is a power cruise on July 24th. Check it out. www.somernitescruise.com.
Is anyone planning on going on the power cruise from Knoxville? Check it out at the above link. Leaving from Clinton Hwy. on Saturday morning 9:00am. Me and my son are going to go. Looks like it might be fun. According to the website there maybe 1,000+ cars and it looks like the weather should be good. Send me a PM if you want to hook up or I'll see you Saturday morning.

Anyone know how to get this posted on the main page?

I'm so glad high school summer baseball is finally finished, now I get some Camaro time!!
GMteSSted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 08:04 PM   #346
the_breeze

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
I may go if I do not have to work. It will be a lot of fun!!!!
the_breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 08:14 PM   #347
304hp?
ICEMAN 229

Drives: 2010 V6 Aqua Blue Metallic
tnbabyrooster how you been? nice to hear from you. Hope to see you soon.

Hey Tysen do not worry keep pressing on for the club with the three members. We have 42 in the forum but we only have a stedy 13 to 15 members showing to the meets. It takes time but it's fun.
304hp? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 12:43 PM   #348
KnoxCamaro5

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Camaro
T-Shirt Order Time!

Please send me a message if you would like to order club t-shirts! Include men’s/women’s, color and size – along with quantity.

Men’s (SM, MD, LG, XL, XXL*)

Price & colors:

White: $20.95 ea.
Heather Gray: $23.25 ea.
Charcoal: $23.25 ea.

* Add $1.50 for XXL

Women’s (SM, MD, LG, XL)

Price & colors:

White: $13.75 ea.
Heather Gray: $15.10 ea.
Charcoal: $15.10 ea.

Orders will be taken through Wednesday, August 4. I hope to be able to distribute the shirts at our next meet - otherwise, I will ship if necessary.
Attached Images

Old 07-26-2010, 07:42 PM   #349
10aSSee D

Drives: Silver 2010 SS Camaro
Does the women's shirt have the logo on the back as well?

ADM built 417, 2.9L Whipple with 3.250 pulley, ADM ported and polished LSA heads,ADM stage3 cam,ADM LSA belt drive system,ADM CAI race scoop, ADM dual fuel pumps, ID 850's, BMR full suspension, Gforce 9 inch kit with 3.5 inch driveshaft, Street Slayer twin carbon clutch, Lingenfelter oil seperator. Tuned by built by ADM Performance, 763rwhp,705rwtq
10aSSee D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 07:45 PM   #350
304hp?
ICEMAN 229

Drives: 2010 V6 Aqua Blue Metallic
Shirts

I placed my order how about you? Come on guys lets get this shirts rdered so we can all wear them on the next meet. Just kidding . This is another accomplishment for the club. GREAT job Knox5.

Last edited by 304hp?; 07-26-2010 at 08:04 PM.
304hp? is offline   Reply With Quote