Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 07-17-2014, 08:47 PM   #1
ThaCamaroKid

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS L99
Talking ThaCamaroKid Build - "*******"

Just noticed it censored my cars name... Not sure why but I will just do this, its Chi - Mera, story on the name is later on in the post

Well I can finally start one of these, its been a long 4 and a half years with this car. Where to start... (I apologize for the lengthy thread), pictures all located at the bottom.

It actually did not happen how I intended it, we initially ordered a Camaro (identical to mine except with a 6-speed and a sunroof) a few months before, however as we all know the recession hit hard and the dealership where we ordered it went out of business. At the time I was driving my dads old vehicle a 2008/2009 (don't exactly remember) Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon.

A few months passed and one day I got a call from my dad, 'hey wash your Jeep and bring it up to the Chevrolet dealership' (we ordered ours from a dealer a bit of a ways away since the local dealership had a wait time of 7+ months at the time). My initial thoughts were oh shit what did I do why is he trading in my Jeep....

On the way up there I got to thinking about it and thought there was no possible way in hell I was getting a Camaro. Just 0 chance, something had to be up.

Sure enough she was sitting there at the front of the lot, and in the showroom one identical to her with orange stripes and the black/orange interior. My dad told me, if they give me the right amount for the Jeep and you want it, take your pick.

Well, being a hopeful future Texas A&M Aggie at the time, orange just wasn't an option. Not too big a fan of the color in general, so I decided all black was the only way to go.

Now, I must halt it right here and make something very clear before somebody opens their trap and pushes my buttons. Yes I got a $37K 400HP car at the age of 16 after I had only been driving for 6 months. However I like to make it abundantly clear that I worked my ass off for my car, my parents don't give me and my brother things for free we work our asses off and when we do good in school/private life we are rewarded however they see fit. So no I did not pay a dime for my car, yes I worked my ass of for it. Does not mean I am deserving of it, just means I am fortunate enough to have got it and that is just the way it worked out.

Well we left the dealership that rainy day on February 6th of 2010, She is a 'true' 2010. Rolled off the production line in January of 2010 (my OCD cannot stand when a car is labeled a year after it is actually made sorry guys).

Options -
Black
2SS
RS Package
Automatic
Polished Wheels

Months go by, didn't know a whole lot about sports cars at the time. Prices for mods just seemed through the roof, $1000-$1200 for headers, $900-$1100 for cat backs... Not the price range for a kid working on servers tips, hell gas was eating my money up as it was.

August 2012 was my first modification, K&N Cold Air Intake. Yes people will knock on it but it has proven to be a great piece since I have had it. Also saw a dyno comparison thread where it gained 24 rwhp and 24 rwtq over stock. A little high possibly but I am not too concerned about it being a terrible intake, works good enough for me and it was a birthday present so I was not willing to complain about it.

THE VERY NEXT DAY! My car gets keyed.... It is a very long story but I will try to make it quick. Essentially a guy who I played highschool baseball with had raped multiple girls. My little brother tried to warn a girl (who he thought was his friend), and being a highschool girl she did none other than turn around and tell the guy. Yes he opened his mouth, but with good intentions however it made no difference. The next day him and both of my parents took his Jeep to the Police Station to show them some threats the asshat made to my brother, along with other text of him essentially confessing to raping them and saying its nobody's F****** business and so on.

Well I was inside asleep and on my computer, and my car, my mothers truck, and my fathers truck were all keyed. Mine being the worst since it was a practically immaculate Camaro and my parents trucks being work trucks you couldn't even tell there was any damage...

The original thread I posted when she was keyed http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=244144

But it all worked out, and essentially because he was a dummy and keyed my parents work trucks, we also got insurance checks from those to fix them. However being work trucks my parents did not care, and we used that money as the deductible to have my car repainted. Thus I got a $4,000 repaint for free, THANKS JACKASS! (Gotta be positive right)

Anyway, moving on.

I guess I should explain the name, ******* (/kɨˈmɪərə/ or /kaɪˈmɪərə/) Yes that's KI-MIERA not shi-mira or whatever else comes to mind... She was un-named for the longest time, just never found anything fitting. So one day I decided enough, this car has more sentimental value than any other object I have, she deserves a name. I wanted something fitting, monstrous, but yet didn't sound big and hideous. Something that gave a hint of sexy but at the same time was deadly. ******* was discovered, though ******* in mythology is not necessarily a female name I find it hard to picture something or somebody with that name being male. And I loved the way it sounded.

She has been stock most of her life and is finally going to get some decent (college kid budget) modifications both performance wise and cosmetically. I will update this over the next few weeks if all goes according to planned.

Mods up to date:

-Headers and Catback installed.
-Window tint w/ front 'brow' or 'visor'
-Front windshield "Camaro" vinyl
-"45th anniversary" style Camaro stripes with "SS" opposed to the "45" and in matte black with gloss red inner stripe.
-sidemarker and reverse black out vinyls kit
-Self painted wheels and Calipers
-Tune (375 rwhp & 399rwtq loaded dyno/mustang dyno)
-(2) 18x10.5 Corvette wheels to mount for DRs (will be ordering DRs soon)

Ohh! I forgot, my best 1/4 mile times to date are 13.21 @ 106 stock. And 13.19 @ 108 with the intake!
Attached Images

375RWHP/399RWTQ

Last edited by ThaCamaroKid; 09-13-2014 at 04:14 PM.
ThaCamaroKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 08:49 PM   #2
ThaCamaroKid

Cars current status as of 8/31/15

TSP 2" LT's
3" catback w/ magnaflow bullets
K&N Intake w/ oversized filter (small filter was a flaw in the standard K&N design so I got a bigger one)
eBay catch can (currently not connected, need to re-route the PCV system from the valley cover change)

The following was completed in 2 days with the help of some of my bad ass friends

BTR .660" dual springs w/ titanium retainers
Comp Chromoly 7.400" pushrods
Comp Trunion Rocker Arm upgrade
LS7 lifters to replace AFM lifters, as well as the stock lifters just for the hell of it
LS3 valley cover
LS2 chain dampener
ARP head bolts
New LS3 head gaskets/timing chain gaskets/ all cam gaskets, new oil pan gasket as well (had a leak)
Comp Cams Phaser limiter

TSP VVT-4 Camshaft

Precision Industries 10 3/4" (IIRC) 3800 stall triple disk billet converter (if you're wondering, its a Bad MOFO)

Trans was dropped & motor was pulled for the project, again, in 2 days... Pictures of the swap are on the end of page 1/beginning of page 2

Also now lowered on BMR 1.5" drop front and 1" drop rear springs

Video of idle

Car has not been dyno'd was all street tuning sorry for no #'s :/
Attached Images

375RWHP/399RWTQ

Last edited by ThaCamaroKid; 08-31-2015 at 12:37 PM.
Old 07-17-2014, 08:54 PM   #3
Muscle Car Lover

Drives: 2014 2SS M6 "CHRISTINE"
Well written!

I have a black one too, good luck with it, annoying to keep clean.

A 35k+ car and mods at $1k-3k are nuts?
"But, House Mormont remembers. The North remembers! We know no King but the King of the North whose name is Stark. I don't care if he's a bastard. Ned Stark's blood runs through his veins. He's my king–from this day until his last day."

Mods: ARH headers and hi flow cats, VMAX ported throttle body, CAI air intake, Slowhawk Performance tuning
Muscle Car Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 08:54 PM   #4
ThaCamaroKid

Also for a short period of time I had the GM 21" option wheels on the car, used them for the tires, currently have them for sale without much luck but that is another matter entirely.

The last pictures are how the car currently looks, hopefully soon to be updated
Attached Images

375RWHP/399RWTQ
Old 07-17-2014, 08:56 PM   #5
ThaCamaroKid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muscle Car Lover View Post
Well written!

I have a black one too, good luck with it, annoying to keep clean.

A 35k+ car and mods at $1k-3k are nuts?
Thank you! It wasn't so much that it was unreasonable. But I was 16, and just amazed at how expensive some modifications were!

Even now, some things just blow my mind! But I guess that is just the life of loving performance!

375RWHP/399RWTQ
Old 07-17-2014, 09:03 PM   #6
ThaCamaroKid

More current pictures, and my brothers Jeep.
Attached Images

375RWHP/399RWTQ
Old 07-17-2014, 09:03 PM   #7
Muscle Car Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaCamaroKid View Post
Thank you! It wasn't so much that it was unreasonable. But I was 16, and just amazed at how expensive some modifications were!

Even now, some things just blow my mind! But I guess that is just the life of loving performance!
Well have fun! This was my car at 16, after I learned to repair a blown head gasket on it (web picture, I don't have ant pictures of that car :
"But, House Mormont remembers. The North remembers! We know no King but the King of the North whose name is Stark. I don't care if he's a bastard. Ned Stark's blood runs through his veins. He's my king–from this day until his last day."

Mods: ARH headers and hi flow cats, VMAX ported throttle body, CAI air intake, Slowhawk Performance tuning
Old 07-17-2014, 09:09 PM   #8
ThaCamaroKid

Quote:
Well have fun! This was my car at 16, after I learned to repair a blown head gasket on it (web picture, I don't have ant pictures of that car :
Thank you! I will do my best, Also I forgot more pictures, kind of the important stuff!

2" TSP Longtubes, with high flow cats and fake cats, and my cat guarding it all

These will be on (hopefully) Saturday, my boss is letting me use on of the lifts at work and I am going to bolt these bad boys on, and take it to a muffler shop on Sunday where it will have some Magnaflow 3" inlet/outlet 4"x12" mufflers welded in to a full/true 3" catback with a COPO style dump exhaust right behind my ass
Attached Images

375RWHP/399RWTQ
Old 07-17-2014, 09:11 PM   #9
Muscle Car Lover

Be careful man, this is a LOT of car and the stuff you are showing is serious power.

Old 07-17-2014, 09:15 PM   #10
ThaCamaroKid

Quote:
Be careful man, this is a LOT of car and the stuff you are showing is serious power.
Well with any luck it will be!

I am hoping for (assuming my car makes 330whp stock) about 390 after the tune. Shouldn't be too much of a transition but enough to give me just a slightly larger grin. Also will open up her vocal cords, shes held her tongue for too long!

But I try to always be careful, Yup I'm 20 and do some stupid things but I try to not let it ever go too far and try to keep the racing on the track.

375RWHP/399RWTQ
Old 07-17-2014, 09:32 PM   #11
Muscle Car Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaCamaroKid View Post
Well with any luck it will be!

I am hoping for (assuming my car makes 330whp stock) about 390 after the tune. Shouldn't be too much of a transition but enough to give me just a slightly larger grin. Also will open up her vocal cords, shes held her tongue for too long!

But I try to always be careful, Yup I'm 20 and do some stupid things but I try to not let it ever go too far and try to keep the racing on the track.
I think your #'s are off.

Long tubes, high flow cats, add a CAI and get a real tune from a good place you will be well over 400 rwhp

Old 07-17-2014, 09:39 PM   #12
ThaCamaroKid

Quote:
I think your #'s are off.

Long tubes, high flow cats, add a CAI and get a real tune from a good place you will be well over 400 rwhp
Yeah, I am trying to be conservative. 400+ would be great I would be very pleased with that!

375RWHP/399RWTQ
Old 07-17-2014, 10:07 PM   #13
ex-SS-ve

nice car ! enjoy it.. these 2 things will only keep you happy temporarily. you will want more shortly after.
ex-SS-ve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 04:01 AM   #14
Colt

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT/RS Victory Red
Looks good, my dad has a black SS and we both autocross as well. Goodluck with the build and autocross!