Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 04-05-2009, 12:27 PM   #15
fireresq157

Drives: 1997 SS & 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomServo View Post
I just checked my policy; I pay $41 every SIX months for COMPREHENSIVE coverage, so if I get say 15% off of that I could save a whopping $6.16 off my semi-annual premium or a $1.03 every month.

While it won't cost me a cent to call and I'll take every dime I can get from them, I was hoping to soften the financial burden of GM not including Bluetooth on a brand new 2009 Cadillac. Come on GM wake up, just because tax payers are going to bail you out you need products and content folks want. Enough with the shortcuts.
Sorry If i got your hopes up I was hoping it would be that way, I'll still will use it when I set the insurance up. I'll probably take away the towing since the car will come with roadside side service. Thats another dollar not much either It will give me a toal just over 3 off a month for me and maybe my rate will be lower with the new car discount also. The fourth gens were/are expensive to insure maybe the 5ths will be better. Anyhow good luck.

Last edited by fireresq157; 04-05-2009 at 01:47 PM.
fireresq157 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 12:29 PM   #16
TomServo

Drives: 2007 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by fireresq157 View Post
"Anyhow I contacted my insurance provider (allstate) and asked about any discount for having Onstar and its vehicle recovery/locator/slowdown they stated 15% discount on the premium for my area. Now of course I asked if it was off their total premium and they said yes, assuming that's right and there are no surprises later when I submit my policy."

That's why I said the above, maybe you missed it. I would not think it's the whole policy but that's what I was told. If it's the comprehensive yes it would be a small amount like 2 dollars a month depending your insurance instead of 15. I don't like spending my day calling back companies to verify what the last guy I talked to said. So I decided to put it out along with the other information and see what people come out with. Especially given that all areas of the country have different rates and all people as well. That's only part of my post not the whole thing.
I'll be calling my agent first thing Monday am and will let you know what Country Insurance offers.

Thanks again.

Tom
TomServo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 01:54 PM   #17
Rogue Leader
Iatefiberglassinsulation

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS M6
Quote:
"Anyhow I contacted my insurance provider (allstate) and asked about any discount for having Onstar and its vehicle recovery/locator/slowdown they stated 15% discount on the premium for my area. Now of course I asked if it was off their total premium and they said yes, assuming that's right and there are no surprises later when I submit my policy."

That's why I said the above, maybe you missed it. I would not think it's the whole policy but that's what I was told. If it's the comprehensive yes it would be a small amount like 2 dollars a month depending your insurance instead of 15. I don't like spending my day calling back companies to verify what the last guy I talked to said. So I decided to put it out along with the other information and see what people come out with. Especially given that all areas of the country have different rates and all people as well. That's only part of my post not the whole thing.
Hey man don't jump down my throat, you made a post, I'm responding to it (the spirit of an online forum). You presented your info that you gathered for everyone and I'm just explaining that portion of what they told you is wrong. Chill out.
2008 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD LT 6.0 - Tow Vehicle
1991 Alfa Romeo 164S - Project Car
1994 Volkswagen Golf - Race Car

"Like" my race team on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/farfrumwinnin
Rogue Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 06:38 PM   #18
fireresq157

I'm not mad, if thats how it came across that was not my intention. Also I wasn't even thinking of jumping down you throat I'm 6'7 280 I won't fit. I'll definetely will try to chill out down here the High in the next couple of days will be 90+ degrees. Anyhow thanks for the info and good luck with your car.
Old 04-05-2009, 10:38 PM   #19
Rogue Leader
Iatefiberglassinsulation

Quote:
I'm not mad, if thats how it came across that was not my intention. Also I wasn't even thinking of jumping down you throat I'm 6'7 280 I won't fit. I'll definetely will try to chill out down here the High in the next couple of days will be 90+ degrees. Anyhow thanks for the info and good luck with your car.
Yeah the logistics of that would be impossible!

PS I'm a firefighter too.

Old 04-06-2009, 02:23 PM   #20
fireresq157

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue Leader View Post
Yeah the logistics of that would be impossible!

PS I'm a firefighter too.
Cool were at?
Old 04-06-2009, 04:49 PM   #21
Rogue Leader
Iatefiberglassinsulation

Quote:
Cool were at?
Empire Hose Company 3, Merrick, NY

We even have a cool video I made for our Captains dinner a couple years ago.

Old 04-07-2009, 07:55 AM   #22
fireresq157

Nice video, you guys are nuts doing those tailboard challenges, I'm sure its fun . Check out my profile I just added an album of the trucks in my station. Its just over 2 years old now everything is state of the art. We also run all the medical calls and most of us are also Paramedics. This is One of 4 stations we have about 150 employees. I guess the station is this nice to make up for 8 years running calls out of a trailer.

As per firehouse magazine it's the second largest in the country.

I've had countless calls I'll never forget here's one that was national news it's one of the more recent just after the station opened.

Our web pape

http://www.deerfieldbeachfirerescue.org/?page=home

Last edited by fireresq157; 04-07-2009 at 08:31 AM.
Old 04-07-2009, 10:25 PM   #23
Rogue Leader
Iatefiberglassinsulation

Quote:
Nice video, you guys are nuts doing those tailboard challenges, I'm sure its fun . Check out my profile I just added an album of the trucks in my station. Its just over 2 years old now everything is state of the art. We also run all the medical calls and most of us are also Paramedics. This is One of 4 stations we have about 150 employees. I guess the station is this nice to make up for 8 years running calls out of a trailer.

As per firehouse magazine it's the second largest in the country.

I've had countless calls I'll never forget here's one that was national news it's one of the more recent just after the station opened.

Our web pape

http://www.deerfieldbeachfirerescue.org/?page=home
Wow cool I've seen that station in Firehouse, I remember it. Our Truck company was in there too, I think theres a pic at our website : www.merrickfd.org

We run only 2 engines and water rescue team from my firehouse, no ambulances, they are at another station, however some of my friends are EMTs so I became an ambulance driver as well so that if we are hanging out I can run the bus to calls for them.

We are quite a bit smaller, and volunteer, we have 50 active members in my firehouse, and about 20 each in the other two in my town.

Drill team racing is absolutely insane, we stopped a few years ago but recently the team has started up again. I don't do that anymore, I fell off the truck at about 40 mph and ended up in the ER with roadrash down my left side and a twisted wrist (I thought broken!) and decided that sport wasn't for me.