Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > Canada

Old 03-07-2014, 07:57 PM   #15
stratman2SSRS

Drives: Lingenfelter Camaro
I just booked the hotel room at the Comfort Inn (613) 283-5150
33 Centre St, Smiths Falls, ON K7A 3B8
They may have changed the name of the hotel to Econo Lodge.
Parking lot party booked.
Old 03-10-2014, 06:55 AM   #16
ripcard
INJACC

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS CGM/IO 6M
Hope everyone that wanted in as drivers for this event got in. Only waiting list spots available now.

"Wow! #racetherunway2014 is now fully booked. 22 hours from registration opening. As always we are maintaining a waiting list, so get on it!"

Of course plenty of room for spectators, or enter your car in the show. Come out and support your Camaro brethren in the half mile top speed shoot out.

As in previous years an Apres Runway BBQ will be held at the ripcard ranch, only minutes away from the airport.
Pedders Xa Coilovers & Sways w/Fe4, Pfadt Rear Trailing Arms & Tie Rods, Forgestar CF5s, ZL1 Brakes, 1LE 3.91 Diff, Pedders Cradle Bushings, MGW STS, BTR Stage II Cam, Fluidampr U/D Pulley, Performance Redline Dyno Tune, CAI & Apex Scoop, Pfadt Tri-Y Headers w/HF Cats, Magnaflow 3" Cat Back, RX Catch Can, VMax TB, Billet Tunnel Brace, SRP Pedals, Skip Shift, Seibon CF Hood & ST Trunk, 1LE Splitter, ZL1 Rockers & Diffuser, Heritage Grill, F & R Sparks "SS" badges, Billet Door Handles, Tint, Technostalgia Tail Lights, AAC Side Markers, BlackVue dash cam and my favourite accessory...Litho #163.
ripcard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 09:09 AM   #17
KW Kruser

Drives: "O"10 SS RS M6 Supercharged
I'll see you all there.
Registered and room booked.
KW Kruser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 03:53 PM   #18
Pavnman
HENNPEKD

Drives: 2013 HPE700 ZL1 convertible
I'm booked in and confirmed. Maybe someone can give me some hints on how to race this car!
Pavnman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 05:53 PM   #19
luckynuts

Drives: 10 ABM 1SS/00 Z28 Conv/14 SumWh 2LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pavnman View Post
I'm booked in and confirmed. Maybe someone can give me some hints on how to race this car!
Get in, floor it and hold on........................and remember to stop short of the swamp that is past the end of the runway
Old 04-09-2014, 09:27 AM   #20
KW Kruser

Drives: "O"10 SS RS M6 Supercharged
You might recognize some of the cars from last year in this vid

http://racetherunway.com/#prettyPhoto/0/
KW Kruser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 06:17 AM   #21
ripcard
INJACC

Got this email from Peter last night. Thought I'd post it here in case someone didn't get it.

Gentlemen,

I hope your summer is going well and your cars are running strong.

We are now about 6 weeks away from Race the Runway 2014 and the day is shaping up to be our best yet, with some amazing cars & drivers coming from all across Ontario, Quebec, New York and even British Columbia. We'll be sending out more information as we get closer but here is a brief update:

New Top Speed Timing System

- Thanks to some help from our title sponsor, OB Prestige Auto, the 4 gun radar system for capturing top speed has been replaced with a Race America trap system. This is purpose built system with a great track record at events across the US. It should give us very accurate top speed numbers and be much safer for our track workers at the same time.

Two Classes

- This year we'll be running two "classes" of competitor. The "6 Speed Shoot Out" class will be reserved for cars with manual clutches and sticks. The "Unlimited" class will be for automatics and paddle shifters. 6 Speed cars can opt to run as Unlimiteds but not the other way around.

Race the Runway Mobile App

- If you don't have last year's app and you have an Android or iPhone, download it now. It's a great way to see all the race times and rankings for the event. We will be releasing an updated version of the app this year so you will be getting an email asking for your car details and a picture of it in the next couple of weeks.

More updates to follow as the event gets closer. Enjoy the summer and drive safe.

Peter

Karen and I were thinking of changing things up a tiny bit for the "Apres Runway" this year. In order to get folks on their way home a little sooner this year we may forgo the traditional BBQ and make something like a Lasagna or other "ready to go" type meal. This way you won't have to wait around while I cook. We could time it so that it is ready soon after the event.

I don't mind the grilling at all, in fact I love doing it, but it does take some time and I know quite a few of you have a long drive back home.

Let me know your thoughts and we'll go from there.
Pedders Xa Coilovers & Sways w/Fe4, Pfadt Rear Trailing Arms & Tie Rods, Forgestar CF5s, ZL1 Brakes, 1LE 3.91 Diff, Pedders Cradle Bushings, MGW STS, BTR Stage II Cam, Fluidampr U/D Pulley, Performance Redline Dyno Tune, CAI & Apex Scoop, Pfadt Tri-Y Headers w/HF Cats, Magnaflow 3" Cat Back, RX Catch Can, VMax TB, Billet Tunnel Brace, SRP Pedals, Skip Shift, Seibon CF Hood & ST Trunk, 1LE Splitter, ZL1 Rockers & Diffuser, Heritage Grill, F & R Sparks "SS" badges, Billet Door Handles, Tint, Technostalgia Tail Lights, AAC Side Markers, BlackVue dash cam and my favourite accessory...Litho #163.
Old 07-14-2014, 07:44 AM   #22
stratman2SSRS

I think Tim may have suggested that he wanted to run in a different class than me this year???

We have booked the hotel room for 2 nights so we can hang out a little longer and not be rushing out so fast.

See you guys there!! Can't wait!!!
Old 07-14-2014, 08:39 AM   #23
tpower
DBLCHBY III

Drives: 15 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by stratman2SSRS View Post
I think Tim may have suggested that he wanted to run in a different class than me this year???

We have booked the hotel room for 2 nights so we can hang out a little longer and not be rushing out so fast.

See you guys there!! Can't wait!!!
I just wanna RUN not blow up this year !!!
Old 07-14-2014, 06:46 PM   #24
ripcard
INJACC

Quote:
Originally Posted by stratman2SSRS View Post
...We have booked the hotel room for 2 nights so we can hang out a little longer and not be rushing out so fast...
Great! It can be a more relaxed debrief. Bringing the missus this year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpower View Post
I just wanna RUN not blow up this year !!!
What are the odds of getting a second faulty oil pump? I'd say your good to go.

Looks like I've lost a couple of valve stem seals. High oil consumption, blue smoke start ups when warm etc. Pulled the plugs and looks like driver's side back cylinder is the culprit. Carbon build up on that plug with all others being clean. Been kinda wondering at the oil consumption for awhile so it's been some time that the problem has been there. It's just starting to get really noticeable now.

Engine is running strong though with the headers and tune and I love the new gearing. If I can row my way through the gearbox cleanly on all three runs this year, I should be able to put up some good numbers for an NA car.

Cross your fingers for good weather again this year.
Old 07-14-2014, 08:24 PM   #25
stratman2SSRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripcard View Post
Great! It can be a more relaxed debrief. Bringing the missus this year?
We are both coming this year, we booked the extra night so we could stay and have a little more fun.
My buddy George from Body By Biggs might be bringing his 1987 Countach that is undergoing a FULL restoration right now.
We're going down to Indiana tomorrow to pick up my car, can't wait to get it back!!
Old 08-06-2014, 08:22 AM   #26
ripcard
INJACC

Preparations are underway at the airport and here for this years event. Karen and I would like to get a count on who plans on attending the debrief and bench racing session known as "Apres Runway" on Aug. 23.

Right after the final runs at the airport, the Camaro folk (you know who you are) are invited to the ripcard ranch for the third annual Apres Runway. The BBQ will be fired up, drinks will be on ice and...what happens at Apres Runway, stays at Apres Runway.

Not required, but if you would like to contribute in some small way to the evenings gastronomic excesses please PM me and I'll pass you off to Karen, so she can give you some ideas.

Please confirm here if you're in. We'd love to see you. Rick & Karen
Old 08-06-2014, 07:41 PM   #27
stratman2SSRS

Count us in for 2.
I think we need to watch out for Luckynuts this year.
One of my SPies sent me these yesterday.
Attached Images

Old 08-06-2014, 07:47 PM   #28
gramps_green_rs
ex-RCAF

Drives: 11 SGM1LTRS SV1000S
Quote:
Originally Posted by ripcard View Post
Preparations are underway at the airport and here for this years event. Karen and I would like to get a count on who plans on attending the debrief and bench racing session known as "Apres Runway" on Aug. 23.

Right after the final runs at the airport, the Camaro folk (you know who you are) are invited to the ripcard ranch for the third annual Apres Runway. The BBQ will be fired up, drinks will be on ice and...what happens at Apres Runway, stays at Apres Runway.

Not required, but if you would like to contribute in some small way to the evenings gastronomic excesses please PM me and I'll pass you off to Karen, so she can give you some ideas.

Please confirm here if you're in. We'd love to see you. Rick & Karen
count us in. 3 bodies.

doug