Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 09-18-2009, 07:35 AM   #29
SlingShot

Drives: 2012 ZL1 - #670
Quote:
Originally Posted by Banshee View Post
Anytime an unwanted act is performed upon you or your property that is criminal.

This is a civil matter as well.

Now if you had agreed to him spraying and wiping the car, no criminal, but civil damages.
In a sense he gave permission when he said yes to showing him something..... It reminds me of the long distance phone company that got busted a few year back. The name of their company was " On Hold " ... When they were soliciting sales, they would introduce themselves and ask the person if they could put them on hold... Without realizing it the new customer would politely say yes.... Needless to say after many complaints to the State Attorney the problems were resolved.

I'd say report it, and try for restitution on damages....
Old 09-18-2009, 07:37 AM   #30
coolman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banshee View Post
Three things you do not touch..

My kids
My car
My wife.

You touch my kids, I'll kill ya, my car, I'll whoop your ass, my wife, you better have more money than me and look like Brad Pitt.

Or else...
I see your wife comes after your car.
Old 09-18-2009, 07:45 AM   #31
2SSRS_2010

Drives: 2010 2SS RS IBM 6M w/gfx
I would assume he is serious about the first two and humorous with the third.
Old 09-18-2009, 07:58 AM   #32
CamaroSkooter
Retarded One-Legged Owl

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS
I've seen these booths set up at Shell gas stations before. They walk up to you and try to sell you this FW1 crap by using it on your car. They did this in my old car, and with that car I didn't really care too much, but now that I know it's not good for paintjobs, I may be avoiding them completely if I see a booth set up the next time I go get gas.
Old 09-18-2009, 08:02 AM   #33
coolman

I can see why people walk around with their heads down and not look at anybody thease days. All you want to do is get through a day without having to come into contact with some asswipe and the problem is they are starting to out number us.
Old 09-18-2009, 08:04 AM   #34
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Hmm. Guess this is why Dad always kept a 2x4 in the Saturn...
Old 09-18-2009, 08:13 AM   #35
oilman63
rjt ordered 10-15 2ss

Drives: 2010 2SS badass camaro
I could have very likely ended up in jail if some dumb f@#$ would have done that to my car.But basically when people come up to me in situations like that I typically ignore them from the beginning,not even giving them the time of day.
Old 09-18-2009, 08:31 AM   #36
SamsinSS

Drives: 2010 IBM Camaro 2SS
Send a message via MSN to SamsinSS
Last weekend two guys trying to sell the exact same crap approached me and my SS and wanted to spray it on the hood and I stopped him and told him not to spray it on my car. It was at a truck stop/gas station in Baytown. I think I would have broken his arm if he had sprayed that stuff on my car.
Old 09-18-2009, 08:36 AM   #37
RPO_Z28

Drives: 2007 C6Z
Didn't mom ever tell you...

...Don't talk to strangers.

Do you have pictures of the damage? Maybe it's just a small area with a simple fix by a professional detailer and no big deal. Minor surface scratches buff out easily by hand.

May be much ado about nothing that could have escalated into a nasty situation.
Old 09-18-2009, 08:38 AM   #38
SWHCPA
Snow White can be naughty

Drives: '10 Camaro/'67 Mustang
Send a message via AIM to SWHCPA Send a message via Yahoo to SWHCPA Send a message via Skype™ to SWHCPA
In Dallas, we have a comparable problem with jac#*ff's pushing windshield repair. They are independent contractors prowling car washes and will come from nowhere to start touching your windshield and then pumping up some story about "we can fix that". 2x4, my backside...crowbar from Sears is much more effective to dissuade them from approaching.

In college, I carried a 3' length of 3/4" heater hose. It would mess up any attacker and never leave a mark that wouldn't go away in 2-3 days....
Old 09-18-2009, 08:42 AM   #39
coolman

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWHCPA View Post
In Dallas, we have a comparable problem with jac#*ff's pushing windshield repair. They are independent contractors prowling car washes and will come from nowhere to start touching your windshield and then pumping up some story about "we can fix that". 2x4, my backside...crowbar from Sears is much more effective to dissuade them from approaching.

In college, I carried a 3' length of 3/4" heater hose. It would mess up any attacker and never leave a mark that wouldn't go away in 2-3 days....
That heater hose works great filled with lead in the last foot.
Old 09-18-2009, 08:51 AM   #40
ORANGE U NV

Drives: The Wife Crazy
Just FYI, this is civil and the cops can't help in a situation like this. There is no "intent" to damage your car, even if they are dumb enough to use a dirty rag. In this case, ignorance is an excuse. It's like if someone leans on your car or even opens the door into it...they can't be arrested unless it can be proven they meant to damage it.
Idiots and mother nature is why we have insurance....and the minor stuff (< deductable) is the cost of having something nice.

2010 2SS IOM/IOM L99 Black Rally Stripes, Polished Wheels, Loudmouth II, Rotofab CAI, IOM Heritage Grille,Tune by Jeremy Formato (Fasterproms Tuning).
Old 09-18-2009, 08:53 AM   #41
SlingShot

Drives: 2012 ZL1 - #670
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWHCPA View Post

LOL.... When I was a Millwright in Detroit I use to carry around a 2' piece of 3 "0" ( 000 ) wire that would put a knot on someone's head with out cutting them ....
Old 09-18-2009, 09:41 AM   #42
O2BQIK

Drives: 1991 Camaro RS
If there are actually scratches, then yes I would pursue it to get compensated for the cost of taking care of them. If it's just the product which washes off and leaves no permanent damage, then I'd let it go and just avoid that station like the plague.

Closed Thread