Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / PA

Old 06-01-2009, 03:51 PM   #15
Blacksunshine
I know it was a mustang!

Drives: 2012 Black ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by RPO_Z28 View Post
Are you in that group of 4?
Yes. Sorry, I was out of town for the w/e. I'm going to try the color change. I can 't believe how the dealer makes me feel like such a pain in the ass for asking these things. I'll let you know how it works out.
Blacksunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 03:53 PM   #16
Blacksunshine
I know it was a mustang!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ndTimeAround View Post
i ordered from bical 2nd week of november. i spoke to the GM there and he told me that yes, all the original orders were deleted and he re-issued me a new number. that was some time in april. mine was on constraint due to color so i was automatically in delay. according to my convo with him about 2 weeks ago my car was pulled for production. he said that he didn't know the exact event code but that it was between 2500-3700. that's all i know.

what i don't understand is exactly when were these orders supposedly deleted? my order was placed in early november and some time in december i got my welcome kit. so when the heck did this big delete happen?
Sorry, out of town for the w/e. I got a second welcome kit. The delete supposedly happened in March, the re-orders were done within a few days. the person who deleted them was let go. That's all you can ask them to do, but not being up front about it bothers me...but what am I going to do? Stand on principle and take my order elsewhere and get the car next year? Not for this. I guess its not that serious.
Old 06-01-2009, 04:59 PM   #17
2ndTimeAround

Drives: Lexus SUV
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacksunshine View Post
Sorry, out of town for the w/e. I got a second welcome kit. The delete supposedly happened in March, the re-orders were done within a few days. the person who deleted them was let go. That's all you can ask them to do, but not being up front about it bothers me...but what am I going to do? Stand on principle and take my order elsewhere and get the car next year? Not for this. I guess its not that serious.
yea i here ya! i was so pissed at first that i almost canceled and re-ordered through another dealer. glad i didn't do anything in my state of anger. i would have been old and gray waitng for this car...LOL although seriously, there are some on this site that ordered feb/march and have gotten their cars already. but i know it's because of the model and engine they ordered that they have them so i'd still be waiting anyway. what can ya do, right?
2ndTimeAround is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 07:44 PM   #18
Blacksunshine
I know it was a mustang!

I wonder if there's any way to know the constraints week by week, or whatever timeframe they work on.
Old 06-02-2009, 12:11 PM   #19
2ndTimeAround

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacksunshine View Post
I wonder if there's any way to know the constraints week by week, or whatever timeframe they work on.
if you search around the boards you'll probably find some info on them. my last correspondence about that was when they lifted thed CGM paint constraint. at that time the hurst shifter was still on constraint with no end in sight. don't know if that was ever lifted.
Old 06-02-2009, 12:13 PM   #20
2ndTimeAround

did anyone ever receive a new workbench when their order was given a new number? i asked tge GM for one and he said why don't you come down to the dealer and i'll glady print you a copy? of course i never went down there but i don't see what the big deal was? why couldn't he email it? or even snailmail it?
Old 06-02-2009, 09:30 PM   #21
10redrocket

Drives: 2SS Camaro LS3
Workbench

Orders are pulled from Workbench once a week on Thursdays.
They are not in the mainframe unless pulled.
So if someone hits delete or the dealers system crashes it is possible to lose orders.

Past Rides: 69 Camaro RS Small Block
67 Chevelle SS Big Block
05 Cobalt SS Supercharged
07 Cobalt SS Supercharged
10 Camaro 2SS LS3
Soon: 18 Camaro 2SS 1LE
10redrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 10:42 AM   #22
Buby2

Drives: 2003 Eclipse & 2010 2LT SW Camaro
Hey to the guy that ordered from Huntington Chevy, I hate to give you the bad news but Huntington Chevy is OUT of Business. Good luck getting your deposit back.
Buby2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 10:44 AM   #23
Buby2

Drives: 2003 Eclipse & 2010 2LT SW Camaro
My god what a torture chamber just to order a car. Imagine if department stores operated like car dealers, who knows when you'll get your mechandise and at what new price? Screw GM
Buby2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 02:32 AM   #24
johnnyangel

Drives: 2010 2 LT RS, 91 Legend
Another Satisfied Bical customer

Well I ordered mine in March, I was told then 6 - 10 weeks, so at the end of May when I called to see how the order was coming I was told it wasnt on order that if I still wanted it it could be ordered then, of course my deposit was never returned on the order from March.

If I didnt call and was still waiting for a call that the car was there I still wouldnt know.

So at the end of May the order was placed, now 5 days ago I get a letter not even a phone call that they cant get me the car, no check with the letter and of course the salesman has not returned my calls, I have GM on it.

I found another dealer that can get me the car, well see I sincerly doubt it but maybe Ill be surprized.

Talking with Chevy though of course giving me the corporate retoric that they care but with the emphisis that they can not force the dealers into returning customer deposits but they will do all they can.

Is it any wonder why the auto makers are in the mess they are and of course taking advantage of us that want the camaro.

probably should have went with the challanger.
johnnyangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 12:33 PM   #25
CamaroUser

Drives: TrailBlazerSS
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyangel View Post
Well I ordered mine in March, I was told then 6 - 10 weeks, so at the end of May when I called to see how the order was coming I was told it wasnt on order that if I still wanted it it could be ordered then, of course my deposit was never returned on the order from March.

If I didnt call and was still waiting for a call that the car was there I still wouldnt know.

So at the end of May the order was placed, now 5 days ago I get a letter not even a phone call that they cant get me the car, no check with the letter and of course the salesman has not returned my calls, I have GM on it.

I found another dealer that can get me the car, well see I sincerly doubt it but maybe Ill be surprized.

Talking with Chevy though of course giving me the corporate retoric that they care but with the emphisis that they can not force the dealers into returning customer deposits but they will do all they can.

Is it any wonder why the auto makers are in the mess they are and of course taking advantage of us that want the camaro.

probably should have went with the challanger.
A friend of mine has a dealership upstate. He has a 2SS RS coming in un-sold if you want or he can order one for you. he has allocation.

Old 07-24-2009, 06:07 PM   #26
johnnyangel

Drives: 2010 2 LT RS, 91 Legend
I did find another dealer, Im just pessamistic but I do think they will come through.

The Bical horror has gotten worse in the past few days.

After Chevy has contacted them and Chevy asking me to call the dealer Bical of course is now telling me my order has been placed I will have my car in 5 days, coincindence right? Me telling Bical I dont want to do business with them, there response is I will loose my deposit if I dont take delivey of the car because its a special order.

2LT with the RS package black on black, which Im sure is such a hard car to get rid of right? Not only that the dealer telling me they dont care if I buy the car from them or not there only making $800 in the car so they really dont care, I swear I wish I had that convo on tape.

So I call Chevy back and Chevy tells me my car ordered through Bical has not gone into production yet, my car does not go into production till 08/03 so Bical is cought in yet another lie.

Hopefully Monday I will have it all resovled, my advice is avoid Bical at all costs.
johnnyangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 11:04 AM   #27
mrgoombatts

Drives: jeep srt8
wow i wish i would have read this sooner i just ordered my car last week i got my order number today and i was told gm picked up the order today . Idunno im gunna keep my fingers crossed. fid u get your car yet?
mrgoombatts is offline   Reply With Quote