Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-16-2009, 01:33 AM   #1
z06invb

Drives: 2001 Chevy Corvette Z06
2LT at dealer here. First new Camaro I have seen.

Well at long last I have actually seen and sat in a Camaro. Didnt drive it but was still pretty cool. Of course the dealer is a tool. Hendrick dealership in Norfolk. Car is a red jewel with black gut and has the RS package and no sun roof. MSRP was around 30,800 and of course these tools have a 5k mark up and it is listed as used??

I have never been in a Camaro. Never driven one ever. First off the car looks bad a$$. Muscular. No girly crap here! I like the chrome trim around the tail lamps. I have heard comments about the paint and I do have to say it is not very impressive. It has a LOT of orange peel. Has no depth to it. It is not bad just could be better.

The interior to me is very different than what I am used to. The two pod instrument panel and the huge blank dash on the passenger side will take getting used to. I guess it is supposed to look like an older Camaro. The seats were great. MUCH more comfortable and better support than my Z 06. The one thing that kind of surprised me though is this thing seems chopped! I am 5'11" and I had to play around with the seat to feel like my head was not into the roof. I think it is more how small the side windows are and the inside mirror seems huge. I thought the Z 06 was tight inside but this thing got me a little claustrophobic. I am really going to want to drive one at some point before I buy. It may be a deal breaker for me. Maybe not though. I got used to the Vette I guess I can get used to this.

All in all very nice car. While I stopped to look at it and sit in it there had to be 10 other people around it and people driving down the highway would see it and stare or turn around and come back. You dont see that often with a new car.

Oh well...enough of a " report " from someone that has not even driven the thing. So now the Camaro is still on the list. If I go 6 banger it is no contest. if V 8 it will be the SS or a GT 500. The Challenger is out now.
z06invb is offline   Reply With Quote