Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Past Camaro Fests > 2014 Camaro5 Fest (V)

Old 05-06-2014, 07:59 AM   #1
Nine Ball

Drives: 1969 & 2016 Camaro SS
Talking My Camaro5Fest Recap, w/ videos and pics

I participated in the Camaro5Fest this past weekend, as it was held in Houston at Royal Purple Raceway (formerly HRP). The car is still 100% stock, about 2K miles on it now. It was a hot day, 90F and slightly humid. The car did very well, especially enjoyed it on the auto-x course. I ran a 25.3 second pass around the course. I haven't auto-crossed in over 10 yrs, as I spend more time on the road course and drag strip nowadays.

http://youtu.be/3TW3wVmLWl4

http://youtu.be/0l3g-gZCxOU

I also made a few passes down the drag strip. The track prep was minimal, likely due to all the street tire cars like myself, not leaving enough rubber down. It was hell trying to get better than a 2.1 60' time, as the tires would lose traction quickly and spin, when more than half throttle was applied. I found it more consistent by forcing bog off the line. I placed 3rd in the stock SS class, having blown a launch in the semi-finals to a car that ran a similar ET. The 1LE also set the high mph record for the event, at 109.1 mph. The nearest competitor ran 108 mph with a catback and air intake. One main difference between the 1LE and previous SS we had, is that you have to use 4th gear in this car. The previous SS would finish at the top of 3rd. This car should go 12.6-12.7s in the heat, with a drag radial. Not bad for a stock vehicle with a $30K price tag.

Here is how I drove it, without lifting the throttle. It was consistent at 13.15 @ 107 when I'd lift the throttle. The powershifting was worth over a tenth and almost 2 mph, in this car.

http://youtu.be/ecRYFI_UTpU

Here is the full gallery of photos I took. The new Z/28's in the Chevy booth were kick-ass. I might have to upgrade to one of those LS7 beasts.

http://s466.photobucket.com/user/yno...?sort=2&page=1

Tony
Old 05-08-2014, 12:39 PM   #2
TRABlackCamaroSS

Drives: '10 Blk Camaro SS/'08 Blk Silverado
thanks for shooting My Black 2010 CamaroSS(w/Red spike stripe) at the HexVents display..Those are the forgelines that I ordered from you about 2 1/2 yrs ago on a special buy.. Still looking good!!!!!!!!
TRABlackCamaroSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 02:58 PM   #3
Nine Ball

Drives: 1969 & 2016 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRABlackCamaroSS View Post
thanks for shooting My Black 2010 CamaroSS(w/Red spike stripe) at the HexVents display..Those are the forgelines that I ordered from you about 2 1/2 yrs ago on a special buy.. Still looking good!!!!!!!!
Good to know! Thanks for showing other Camaro enthusiasts what a quality set of wheels looks like. Honestly, many of the wheels I saw that weekend were....worse than factory wheels. I can't save them all, but I try
Old 05-12-2014, 07:36 PM   #4
HRD_WRK
HARD WORKING PATRIOT

Drives: 2011 CAMARO 2SS RS-AUTO
Tony,
It was a pleasant surprise to meet you in person in the staging lanes. Good to see you made some time for yourself to get out and have some fun.
Once again I must convey, your professionalism in product support to me has been nothing short of exemplary.

Thanks again,
Tim
Old 05-12-2014, 10:57 PM   #5
skipinminn
Chiquita

Drives: 2013 1LE/1SS YELLO1LE 1 of Only 28
I was next to you once on Saturday for a run down the Drag strip You beat me off the LINE BAD

If anybody has a Video of you and I racing I'd like a copy of it. PLEASE

Last edited by skipinminn; 05-16-2014 at 11:27 AM.
skipinminn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 11:02 PM   #6
bongono93

Man I would kill to go to something like this

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
bongono93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 04:57 AM   #7
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Good stuff Tony... was great to have you out. And thanks for the Deviate Motoring hat.