Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 12-21-2012, 12:39 AM   #183
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
It isn't a capacity or profitability issue that restricts the sale of the LS7 in an OEM vehicle. It is the EPA
Are you talking in terms of exhaust emissions or CAFE? Because, as far as I know, as long as your exhaust is clean enough you can sell a million of the things & the EPA won't care. CAFE is another matter though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tramtwo View Post
So Z28 as a trim and not a model?
I count the Camaro as a model. SS, ZL1, LS, etc are trims. The '1' or '2' prefixes would be sub-trims (1LT, 2SS, 1LS)
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 12:43 AM   #184
Tysen

Drives: 2011 RJT 2SS/RS M6
Damnit! Guess I'm getting a divorce, lol.
Old 12-21-2012, 12:47 AM   #185
Bad@ssCamaro
BeckyD Rocks :-)

Drives: 2015 1SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
The LSA ZL1 can be sold in volume. The LS7 production cars are limited in volume by the EPA. The ONLY reason a LZ7 powered Camaro is going to be available is that the new C7 Vette will have a different range of engines leaving a short supply of LS7s for some very special Camaros.

GM and Chevrolet are not perfect, but TEAM Camaro got this exactly right.
If what you're saying is true with limited supply of motors, when the Z/28 is produced, I have a strong suspicion that demand will outweigh supply and we'll see some very strong "market adjustments". I just hope they create a large enough inventory to compensate before it hits market.

Bad@ssCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 12:59 AM   #186
Bad@ssCamaro
BeckyD Rocks :-)

Drives: 2015 1SS/1LE
Quote:
So Z28 as a trim and not a model?
I think trim and model are interchangeable, but not exactly sure.

Edit: corrected by DGthe3 post above

Bad@ssCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 01:20 AM   #187
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad@ssCamaro View Post
If what you're saying is true with limited supply of motors, when the Z/28 is produced, I have a strong suspicion that demand will outweigh supply and we'll see some very strong "market adjustments". I just hope they create a large enough inventory to compensate before it hits market.
Market adjustments make me sad. Thankfully, we don't have them here in Ontario. The downside is, people buy up in-demand new cars and sell them 'used' (with 20km or so) above the MSRP for an equivalent new car.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......

Camaro Fest sub-forum
Old 12-21-2012, 01:33 AM   #188
Rock36
I just like V8s

Drives: 2007 Corvette Z06
I'm not going to hold my breath, but I hope this is true. Because for me as a Z06 guy, that means parts will be available longer and the aftermarket will continue to grow, crate engines will be around longer, etc. etc.

2007 Corvette Z06: Le Mans blue, 2LZ

Rock36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 01:40 AM   #189
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock36 View Post
I'm not going to hold my breath, but I hope this is true. Because for me as a Z06 guy, that means parts will be available longer and the aftermarket will continue to grow, crate engines will be around longer, etc. etc.
I've heard a rumour, so take this with a grain of salt, but I've heard that GM makes more money on the LS7 as a crate engine than they do with it in the Z06. So until something better comes along I'm sure they'll be cranking them out by hand at Wixom.

Camaro Fest sub-forum
Old 12-21-2012, 01:48 AM   #190
doc7000

Drives: 2004 Pontiac Grand Prix
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
I've heard a rumour, so take this with a grain of salt, but I've heard that GM makes more money on the LS7 as a crate engine than they do with it in the Z06. So until something better comes along I'm sure they'll be cranking them out by hand at Wixom.
I wondered about that as well, that it would likely continue life or we may even see a Gen V version for crate form before we see that engine in a production car.
doc7000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 01:51 AM   #191
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc7000 View Post
I wondered about that as well, that it would likely continue life or we may even see a Gen V version for crate form before we see that engine in a production car.
An LT7 would be very interesting. 570ish hp from a NA small block?

Camaro Fest sub-forum
Old 12-21-2012, 02:04 AM   #192
tramtwo

Drives: 2021 1LE
Quote:

I count the Camaro as a model. SS, ZL1, LS, etc are trims. The '1' or '2' prefixes would be sub-trims (1LT, 2SS, 1LS)
I only raise the issue because the vin card has no new "trims." So if the hype is true and to polish the language. Would the Z28 be offered as an option and not a trim? Similar to what the 1LE is?

That can't be right can it?

Could the LS7 equipped Camaro be anything other than a Z28?
tramtwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 02:07 AM   #193
Brian 1LE SS

Drives: 98 Camaro SS
I was at the dealership today looking at a 1le, glad I didnt buy it. They also wanted to much. 5k mark up. I wonder what the price will be for an ls7 camaro. It better be below $50k. I am thinking around $45k would be perfect.
<a href=http://www.norcal-lsx.com/multimedia/data/500/562752_4054654816027_115782456_n.jpg target=_blank>http://www.norcal-lsx.com/multimedia...15782456_n.jpg</a>
Brian 1LE SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 02:21 AM   #194
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Quote:
I only raise the issue because the vin card has no new "trims." So if the hype is true and to polish the language. Would the Z28 be offered as an option and not a trim? Similar to what the 1LE is?

That can't be right can it?

Could the LS7 equipped Camaro be anything other than a Z28?
Looks like the LS7 would be an option, like 1LE. If it can be combined with the 1LE I shall forever call it the Z28, regardless of what GM may decided to name such a combo.

Camaro Fest sub-forum
Old 12-21-2012, 02:27 AM   #195
Rock36
I just like V8s

Drives: 2007 Corvette Z06
Quote:
I haven't heard that rumor specifically, but I wouldn't doubt it. The LS7 as a stand alone crate engine is in the neighborhood of $15K, and that is also without accessories.

2007 Corvette Z06: Le Mans blue, 2LZ

Rock36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 02:49 AM   #196
King Nothing
Under a Peterbilt

Drives: Rogue, Durango and Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian 1LE SS View Post
I was at the dealership today looking at a 1le, glad I didnt buy it. They also wanted to much. 5k mark up. I wonder what the price will be for an ls7 camaro. It better be below $50k. I am thinking around $45k would be perfect.
Buy a white one Brian and I'll get a red one
Sold-2000 Camaro SS A4 Hardtop #867 of 8913
1 of 103 Bright Rally Red Hardtop SS A4 in 2000
2011 Camaro 2SS/RS M6 By Berger #11BC21
King Nothing is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2014 camaro, 2014 camaro ls7, 2014 camaro z/28, 2014 camaro z28, 2014 chevrolet camaro, 2014 chevy camaro, 2014 chevy camaro ls7, bullshit, camaro ls7, camaro ls7 engine, camaro ls7 motor, camaro z/28, camaro z/28 forum, camaro z28, camaro z28 forum, camaro z28 forums, fantasy, ls7 camaro, ls7 engine camaro, unicorn car, z28 camaro, z28fapfapfap