Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 06-16-2010, 02:47 PM   #15
prostock69
Female Muscle Car Nut!

Drives: 2010 RS/SS IOM Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade View Post
Everyone's an idiot in that video.

1) Apparently it all escalated from a jaywalking crime. So the officer decides to exercise a pretty useless law in the middle of the day.
2) Idiot #1: The jaywalker who decided to resist arrest. By being beligerent and trying to run/walk away from the cop.
3) Idiot #2: Her sister who decides lets gang up on the cop, because you know at this point the cop is pissed and nothing better than to resist and engage a pissed off cop.
4) Idiot #3: The cop, obviously had no control of a situation that didn't require such a mess. And also forgot that this is 2010 and everyone's got a cell phone camera.
I agree on all four accounts. Ticketing someone for jaywalking is just ridiculous. Which I'm sure is why the woman was resisting his attempts to detain her for it. However, she should have complied, took her ticket and fought it in court. He's just doing his job. HOWEVER, him hitting this woman in the face because she shoves him is ridiculous. Is this the "maneuver" cops are being trained to use when they can't get someone to comply? I don't think so. He punched her because he lost control of the situation and he let his anger get the best of him. Not good.

MODS: Borla "S" Type Exhaust, American Racing Headers 3" Longtubes, New Era Cold Air Intake, HP Tune, Custom Ground Camshaft, Professionally Ported Heads by Darin Morgan, Ported Throttle Body, 3000 Stall Converter, and 160 Degree Thermostat.

http://www.rehermorrison.com/; http://www.darinmorgan.com/; http://www.neweraperformance.com/
prostock69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 02:55 PM   #16
Havok

Drives: 2010 IBM 2LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by prostock69 View Post
I agree on all four accounts. Ticketing someone for jaywalking is just ridiculous. Which I'm sure is why the woman was resisting his attempts to detain her for it. However, she should have complied, took her ticket and fought it in court. He's just doing his job. HOWEVER, him hitting this woman in the face because she shoves him is ridiculous. Is this the "maneuver" cops are being trained to use when they can't get someone to comply? I don't think so. He punched her because he lost control of the situation and he let his anger get the best of him. Not good.
1. I don't think she was getting the ticket.

2. You can't take just what you see from this video. I'm sure the person didn't have it out right when it happened so there is probably more before this that we don't know about.

Did the cop use excessive force? I don't know as I'd have to see what was going on before this was filming. As like someone else said it kind of disgust me to see a bunch of people just standing around with their camera phones out probably hoping to send it into the news organizations to show how another cop goes about beating on a poor helpless woman that was trying to help someone.

As for jaywalking its kind of a dumb law, but sometimes when you get those people who just jump out of no where into the road and you have to stop on a dime or you'll hit the person while they go on to take like 20 minutes to walk across the street because they feel that they own the road or something it doesn't look like that dumb of a law.
Havok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 03:02 PM   #17
Milk 1027
Camaro➎ moderator

Drives: '13 BLK 1LE
Ok. I retract my statement after watching the video again.

The womean pretty much attacked him while he was trying to arrest the other one. She had no right to even be nearby him when that was going on. He was already in a dangerous situation as it is.

But one thing, I didn't see a gun in the video. Can someone point it out?
Old 06-16-2010, 03:15 PM   #18
WadeWilson
How U Doin?

Drives: 2014 CTS-V Coupe
In a stressful and potential dangerous situation I feel he handled the situation as he saw fit. He didn't know if the woman who attacked him was armed or what. She had no business interfering or attacking the officer. It's pretty simple, follow the laws and don't put yourself in a situation like that. Most people have little use or respect for law enforcement unless they are in need of help.
WadeWilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 03:22 PM   #19
Steve Dallas
Commits weekly crime

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milk 1027 View Post
But one thing, I didn't see a gun in the video. Can someone point it out?
If you watch the above video (the second one), it is at about 1:30 on the video.

Here's a picture as well - look in the lower left. Video shows longer and clearer though:

Old 06-16-2010, 03:25 PM   #20
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Excessive force? No way. I've seen cops use Tasers for less. That officer showed incredible restraint.
Old 06-16-2010, 03:29 PM   #21
Milk 1027
Camaro➎ moderator

Drives: '13 BLK 1LE
Sorry, but it still doesn't look like a gun to me.
Old 06-16-2010, 03:31 PM   #22
Keedy
Should have waited...

Drives: 2004 Mazda RX8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milk 1027 View Post
Sorry, but it still doesn't look like a gun to me.
agreed. It doesn't have enough form. To me, it looks like a rectangular shape in a dark colored bag, and he's holding the item while the excess bag hangs down.
Keedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 03:47 PM   #23
Steve Dallas
Commits weekly crime

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keedy View Post
agreed. It doesn't have enough form. To me, it looks like a rectangular shape in a dark colored bag, and he's holding the item while the excess bag hangs down.
I full-screened the video and watched frame by frame...after watching it several times, it really could be a gun. Nothing conclusive, but the way he carries it definately makes it seem to be one.

Here's another pic:

Old 06-16-2010, 03:53 PM   #24
2010 SSRS

Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
The cop should have arrested all those idiots.
Old 06-16-2010, 03:54 PM   #25
WhiteSnake79

Drives: CGM 2SS/RS
I'm pretty sure that's a gun, and if it is, that dude should be arrested as well. What sorry excuses for youth these days. Not only the two females resisiting arrest, but the D-Bags standing around that close; cussing and interfering like that. Makes me sick.
WhiteSnake79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 04:03 PM   #26
tjbusa
Serious Sleeper

Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS/RS M6
I'm taking the officers side too, I don't know how I would have reacted if I were in his situation but welts on the perpetrator would be the same result.

Fact of Life:

After Monday and Tuesday
even the calendar reads...
W T F
tjbusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 04:21 PM   #27
Iwantone2
Voice Of The Voiceless

Drives: CGM 1SS RS
The cop did have what looked like a standing arm-triangle on the girl at one point...and that does look like a gun to me...

Even the dude in the teal (?) colored shirt was trying to hold her back so that she would not get involved
Old 06-16-2010, 04:51 PM   #28
04Ram2500Hemi

Drives: 04 Ram 2500 & 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
If the lady had walked up to the officer like he had asked, there would have been no issues at all. I've only had a couple of interactions with police, but every time I have done exactly like I'm told, I've been respectful, and I have had no issues at all.
04Ram2500Hemi is offline   Reply With Quote