Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - New England

Closed Thread

Old 08-09-2010, 02:43 PM   #15
Lawdog1911
ZL1 Dreamin

Drives: 1967 Camaro, 2010 2SS (RIP)
I hear ya on the "what the crap" car shows. I attended a show put on my "multi milliondollar body/customization shop" and I had a humble build, built my myself, hard work , sweat, and hard earned money to get my ride like I could being a regular joe. Guess who wins the majority of the show? Yep, the Show Sponsors rides took most of the trophies who have unlimited $$$ for thier builds. Not fair in my book, but, thats just what losers say, lol. They should have a regular joe catagory not judged on the amount of money you have.
Old 08-09-2010, 02:56 PM   #16
3CamarosOnHand

Drives: 2010 SS/RS ABM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rolnslo View Post
I've been to a lot of shows over the past 15 years, most them being with my '55 Chevy Bel Air and my '56 Chevy 210 wagon. For the life of me, I will never be able to understand people like you that enter a mixed local car show with a factory fresh car and expect to be declared the winner. I've seen a lot of different owner types at the shows and, for the most part, it's always the guys with the "new" cars that have an "I'm entitled to win, dammit!" complex.

Why can't you just go, enjoy the other cars, and relax? If you win, great. If you don't, who cares. Don't enter a show unless you would be willing to hand over the entry fee to support the cause, even if they weren't putting on a show.
We go to many shows and do not expect to take home a trophy- we have taken home some driver's pick best of shows which was awesome...I'd much rather see someone with a beautiful '55 Bel Air win. I do not go to BS scoring points shows though. If you know it is that way you shouldn't go...

I like to go to shows that have a "new car class" in it though so that I am accepted. Our cars do draw attention. I like to enjoy the cars and talk with people. I clap for everyone else that wins.
Old 08-09-2010, 03:04 PM   #17
MSG'

Drives: 2010 1SS Camaro
I agree with myold88 I have taken my 2010 SS to 3 shows, the first one was a week after I bought it, I was so proud and just wanted to share my car to other car nuts, everyone loved it, for most was the first they saw, I won best camaro, beat out classics that were cherry, at first i thought how cool it was to win, but later I felt bad because people put alot of money sweat blood and tears into those cars, did i deserve it? no, the other 2 shows, a F-body car show, with 10 other 2010s, I won runner up, and at the camaro5 fest I was presented a plaque from the head of the communications department at gm, did i deserve those, yes!
Old 08-09-2010, 03:16 PM   #18
2010CamaroRS
Driver of the Blue Demon

Drives: '15 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
im not gunna cool off until people putting on these car shows judge them fairly...im not the only one pissed...im just the only one speaking about it

The Few, The Proud, The Hyper Blue Metallics

DT shorties.BBK Intake.FlowMaster AT.Eibach 1'' drop.Hurst Short Throw (44% reduction).Unrestricted Motorsports Gen 1 Style Rear Spoiler.Custom Aqua Blue Metallic Interior Panels.RS Embroidered Head Rests.Interior LED by Oracle.Illuminated Bowtie by Oracle.Footwell LED by Oracle.Grille LED by Oracle.Functional Headliner Console Toggle Switches for LED Lighting.Aqua Blue Engine Cover.RotoFab Radiator Cover.Aqua Blue Fuse Box Cover from RPI Designs.Much More
Old 08-09-2010, 03:19 PM   #19
2010CamaroRS
Driver of the Blue Demon

ive put a lot of sweat and blood into my car....im not a mechanic and have very little experience with cars....i did all the work on my car, with the exception of a little wiring (thanks chevy3)...i said it before ill say it again judging should be on 3 concepts

originality
worksmanship
cleanliness

half the field were cars done by local shops and not themselves...if you dont do the work yourself....u shouldnt be awarded anything but a pat on the back

DT shorties.BBK Intake.FlowMaster AT.Eibach 1'' drop.Hurst Short Throw (44% reduction).Unrestricted Motorsports Gen 1 Style Rear Spoiler.Custom Aqua Blue Metallic Interior Panels.RS Embroidered Head Rests.Interior LED by Oracle.Illuminated Bowtie by Oracle.Footwell LED by Oracle.Grille LED by Oracle.Functional Headliner Console Toggle Switches for LED Lighting.Aqua Blue Engine Cover.RotoFab Radiator Cover.Aqua Blue Fuse Box Cover from RPI Designs.Much More
Old 08-09-2010, 03:25 PM   #20
myold88

Drives: SUMMIT WHITE 2SS/RS CAMARO
Years ago, I had a friend who had an antique '36 Packard roadster that was a so-so car at best. He would only go to car shows where he knew the "better" Packards were not going to show up so he could get a trophy. We all laughed at him then- Poor Mr Morrison never understood the pleasure of just showing his car and having fun.
Old 08-09-2010, 03:34 PM   #21
2010CamaroRS
Driver of the Blue Demon

theres no fun in gettin cheated

Old 08-09-2010, 04:06 PM   #22
Slowhawk

Drives: 1999 Trans Am
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010CamaroRS View Post
ive put a lot of sweat and blood into my car....im not a mechanic and have very little experience with cars....i did all the work on my car, with the exception of a little wiring (thanks chevy3)...i said it before ill say it again judging should be on 3 concepts

originality
worksmanship
cleanliness

half the field were cars done by local shops and not themselves...if you dont do the work yourself....u shouldnt be awarded anything but a pat on the back
That is one thing I will give. I've always asked owners if they built it themselves.If they did nothing except polish it I lose all attention towards the car.I like home built cars,even if they are messy.
Old 08-09-2010, 08:10 PM   #23
molloni
Capt. Organization!

Drives: Black 2010 2LT/RS Camaro
Just remember - when there's a Best Club Participation trophy up for grabs...that's when we roll best!

I'm sorry dude...I hear you on the chrome thing...it's not for everyone, and to have it weighted equal...hmmmm...bumpkis...
Old 08-10-2010, 11:06 AM   #24
Tessa
Mischief Managed

Drives: 2SS/RS RJT with silver rallys
Quote:
Originally Posted by myold88 View Post
Wow- Cool off 2010camaroRS.
I have been attending car shows I'm sure longer than you have been alive. First off trophies are cool to get, but they all end up in your attic or basement collecting dust. I've been restoring antique cars for over 40 years and know what goes into restoring &/or maintaining an old car. Unless your in a 2010 gen5 only Camaro class what do you want a trophy for ? A few mods and pre show wash?
I just got a 1st place trophy at the Olds Nationals in Sturbridge Ma with my 50 year old Oldsmobile 88 2 weeks ago- a car I've restored and maintained over the past 17 years- Do I deserve it- you bet. Last year I got 2 trophies with my new Camaro SS at an all Camaro show in the "2010 Camaro class" with 8 other 2010 Camaros- Did I deserve it- You bet. I was competing against other 2010 Camaros.
Like others have said here, lay back, relax and enjoy the show. Also, If you do get a trophy for your Camaro, I hope you send it onto the GM engineers who deserve it.

So...you sent your two trophies to GM then?
Old 08-10-2010, 11:19 AM   #25
Tessa
Mischief Managed

I have to say -- I was thinking about this and there are a few things that go against you right off the bat --

1). How the shows organized -- if it's a huge group of cars and you're competeing against every make model and year -- you're not gonna win -- end of story...I love my car, but a 2010 Camaro (no matter how many mods you have) is not gonna win against cars much older that have been restored -- I mean, for real....People's choice - you may still have a chance but....you have to expect to not win...
When we have classes like at the RI show -- you have a better shot agaisnt cars in your own category (now, next year will be better as you won't have to compete against 20 years of Camaro's that have been modded....)

2). How it's judged -- like you said, these shows you've mentioned seem to be judged by a-holes that only pick thier friends -- I 100% agree with you being pissed for yourself and all the other "non-friends" that got stiffed for no reason -- (and I get that you are griping here on behalf of everyone there and not being selfish like other people seem to think b/c I agree that shows run like this are fcking unfair) -- you just have to avoid these shows or go in without expecting to win or for it to be fair -- onl way around it....
now if the masses are voting, then you have a better shot b/c it's not about "Bob the judge voted for his brother in law's POS Civic that looks ghetto" so....(again -- the RI show we went to...the masses voted so there was no favoratism by the "judges")

And sadly -- even in a competition against your own class -- mods are hard to beat -- you might never be the guy with the newest best most expensive mods -- you have to accept that -- it's a lot harder, IMO, to win when you have a modded car going up against 30 or 40 other modded cars b/c SOMEONE is always going to have nothing better to do with their time or money then mod their car.....
Plus -- look at this site -- how many people with a 2010 (and now 2011 already) have modded their cars in numerous ways??

The pluses you have are you picked a bright stand-out (and rare - not just in Camaro-land but in all of Car-dom) color -- you don't have a filthy engine and you really do have a crazy organized presentation with all your display sht in your trunk -- (for real is all preeeeeetty) -- and you did the work yourself (mostly)...

Ya, awards are nice -- but you gotta pick your shows better if you keep going to ones sponsored by the D-bag comittee even just to save yourself some stress
Old 08-10-2010, 12:10 PM   #26
2010CamaroRS
Driver of the Blue Demon

i got warned for this post...good...glad it got as far as the moderators...people need to be warned of d-bag car shows! lol

Old 08-10-2010, 01:07 PM   #27
Tessa
Mischief Managed

Woah....the mods warned you for making the post??

"no more opinions outta you BUDDY!!" LOL!!
Old 08-10-2010, 01:09 PM   #28
rolnslo
Rolling along...

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS SGM
Yeah, pretty sure it was more to do with the language than the content in the original post.

Last edited by rolnslo; 08-10-2010 at 03:41 PM.
Closed Thread