Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 08-09-2010, 01:53 PM   #239
Z28RockStar

Drives: 2SS/RS CGM 6M, 2007 Harley Deluxe
Wink srrsly tho!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Eric View Post
Amen to that It is our Soliders that protect the freedom to be able to arm ourself!!

BTW... I think it is absurd that we as a nation can trust someone enough w/ weapons on foreign land and they can not protect them self on their own base...

oh yeah... one other thing Nothing says I'm a badass than a pic holding automatic weapons w/ a sig pic holding cute fluffy pups J/K
lol! =)
Old 08-09-2010, 02:42 PM   #240
helmincamaro
Official Lounge BAMF

Drives: '97 Camaro
Send a message via AIM to helmincamaro Send a message via Yahoo to helmincamaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Eric View Post
oh yeah... one other thing Nothing says I'm a badass than a pic holding automatic weapons w/ a sig pic holding cute fluffy pups J/K
dude, thats gotta be my new sig!
helmincamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 08:42 PM   #241
mrray13

Drives: 2010 1LT RS Rally Yellow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z28RockStar View Post
hehe not a great pic but. . . well mabey I could take a couple of me with some of my hand guns too IDK bout that tho, my hand guns are personal / fictional / rumors / don't know if I care to admit to owning them? LOL! ;P
Thanks for serving, first! You are a hero!

Second, those non-existant handguns, well, you've already taken a picture with one. The AR pistol in your right hand. Or at least you'd better claim it's a pistol, or have a class III, and live in a state where it's legal to have a SBR, short barreled rifle. That looks to be about 9", ummmm, pistol, right??
Old 08-09-2010, 09:14 PM   #242
Z28RockStar

Red face oOoOOOops!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrray13 View Post
Thanks for serving, first! You are a hero!

Second, those non-existant handguns, well, you've already taken a picture with one. The AR pistol in your right hand. Or at least you'd better claim it's a pistol, or have a class III, and live in a state where it's legal to have a SBR, short barreled rifle. That looks to be about 9", ummmm, pistol, right??
Thank you for your appreciation good sir and yeap busted lol, that is classified as a pistol, .223 cal. Sold it to a stranger from out of state with no ID just now tho so I dont have it anymoar!

roflmao >.<

idk why I grabbed that pic I thought I had my .308 and .223 rifles in that one, but the .308 is not there!

lawlz

Last edited by Z28RockStar; 08-09-2010 at 09:36 PM.
Z28RockStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 09:24 PM   #243
CaniacFan

Drives: '10 SS CGM #75,288, '14 Stingray
Have had my CHL for about 5-6 years. The only handgun I own is a 9mm Beretta. It's too much for me to handle though. Its hard for me just to load the clip. Too much work.

A guy at the range was firing a Glock .17 ( I think) it was light, fit my hand pretty well (I'm a lefty) it didn't appear to have a safety which I like cause I have kids in the house.

Recommendations, would like to stay less than $500.. Something that fits in the console.

Thankx in advance.. Lori
CaniacFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 09:44 PM   #244
Z28RockStar

Question hmmmm?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaniacFan View Post
Have had my CHL for about 5-6 years. The only handgun I own is a 9mm Beretta. It's too much for me to handle though. Its hard for me just to load the clip. Too much work.

A guy at the range was firing a Glock .17 ( I think) it was light, fit my hand pretty well (I'm a lefty) it didn't appear to have a safety which I like cause I have kids in the house.

Recommendations, would like to stay less than $500.. Something that fits in the console.

Thankx in advance.. Lori
You like NO safety WITH kids in the house??? Well I spose you'd like a Glock .40 or 9mm, less recoil due to the dual spring recoil system and easily loaded clips. The model number will depend on the barrel length as well as caliber, normally I'd suggest a sub compact for a woman to carry, however if you have issues with recoil I'd step up one barrel length over the subcompact, you will get easier operation and still small enough to conceal and light enough to carry. I wouldn't suggest stepping down below a .40 or 9mm though as the .380 is really to weak imho. Glocks also come with clip loading assisters.
Old 08-10-2010, 12:23 AM   #245
mrray13

Quote:
Thank you for your appreciation good sir and yeap busted lol, that is classified as a pistol, .223 cal. Sold it to a stranger from out of state with no ID just now tho so I dont have it anymoar!

roflmao >.<

idk why I grabbed that pic I thought I had my .308 and .223 rifles in that one, but the .308 is not there!

lawlz

Hopefully, that, ummmm, stranger, got a good deal, yes?? So now, you are once again, cough, handgunless, cough, cough.
Old 08-10-2010, 12:29 AM   #246
CaniacFan

Quote:
You like NO safety WITH kids in the house??? Well I spose you'd like a Glock .40 or 9mm, less recoil due to the dual spring recoil system and easily loaded clips. The model number will depend on the barrel length as well as caliber, normally I'd suggest a sub compact for a woman to carry, however if you have issues with recoil I'd step up one barrel length over the subcompact, you will get easier operation and still small enough to conceal and light enough to carry. I wouldn't suggest stepping down below a .40 or 9mm though as the .380 is really to weak imho. Glocks also come with clip loading assisters.
No, I need a safety with kids in the house. Sorry for the poorly constructed sentence there.

Thankx for the assistance, I'll start looking at websites. They frequently have gun shows at the fair grounds. At least I can put my hands on one and see how good the grip is, etc. I'm not a small girl.. 6'1" and can hold my own, just want something smaller than the Beretta 9mm. I don't feel confident using it.. Thanx again. Lori
Old 08-10-2010, 12:31 AM   #247
mrray13

Quote:

Thankx in advance.. Lori
Okay, the Glock has 4 safeties, 3 internal, one external. The external one is on the trigger, and has been copied by S&W, Springfield (H&K) and Walther. The Glock has no other mechanical safety that the user can operate. Many find this alarming if dealing with a home defense gun and kids.

If you like the feel of the Glock, and like 9mm, I'd go along with the previous recommendation, and grab the compact, Glock 19. 1/2" shorter barrel and grip frame then the G17. I'd stay away from .40 S&W until you find something you really like to shoot. The .40 has some snappy recoil in a lightweight gun.

Otherwise, look into the Smith and Wesson M&P line up. Also, the Springfield xD series of pistols. Both of those can be had with a thumb safety, and the xD also has a grip safety. Both can be had in your price range, as well as the FNH lineup or polymer pistol. The FN 9, info here, would also be a good choice, and has a thumb safety that's ambi.

Lastly, and this is a pet peeve. Clips feed magazines, magazines feed guns. Those box like things that hold the ammo are magazines, not clips Call them mags for short, but don't call them clips!
Old 08-10-2010, 12:36 AM   #248
CaniacFan

Quote:
Okay, the Glock has 4 safeties, 3 internal, one external. The external one is on the trigger, and has been copied by S&W, Springfield (H&K) and Walther. The Glock has no other mechanical safety that the user can operate. Many find this alarming if dealing with a home defense gun and kids.

If you like the feel of the Glock, and like 9mm, I'd go along with the previous recommendation, and grab the compact, Glock 19. 1/2" shorter barrel and grip frame then the G17. I'd stay away from .40 S&W until you find something you really like to shoot. The .40 has some snappy recoil in a lightweight gun.

Otherwise, look into the Smith and Wesson M&P line up. Also, the Springfield xD series of pistols. Both of those can be had with a thumb safety, and the xD also has a grip safety. Both can be had in your price range, as well as the FNH lineup or polymer pistol. The FN 9, info here, would also be a good choice, and has a thumb safety that's ambi.

Lastly, and this is a pet peeve. Clips feed magazines, magazines feed guns. Those box like things that hold the ammo are magazines, not clips Call them mags for short, but don't call them clips!
I was just looking at the FN's.. Thankx.. Sorry magazine, my bad - thankx for the reminder.
Old 08-10-2010, 12:41 AM   #249
v6sonoma

Drives: 2010 SS RS
Quote:
No, I need a safety with kids in the house. Sorry for the poorly constructed sentence there.

Thankx for the assistance, I'll start looking at websites. They frequently have gun shows at the fair grounds. At least I can put my hands on one and see how good the grip is, etc. I'm not a small girl.. 6'1" and can hold my own, just want something smaller than the Beretta 9mm. I don't feel confident using it.. Thanx again. Lori
The Glocks have 2 safetys they have a pin safety that prevents it from firing if dropped and a trigger safety that only allows the gun to be fired when the trigger is depressed. So basically the gun wont fire unless your finger is on the trigger. The flip side is like any gun if it's gonna be in a place where a child could get near it you should have a trigger lock on it. Or better still have it in a gun safe. Glocks are great guns very reliable and they make a variety of sizes using almost any round you can think of.

Mods: BBK Intake, BBK LT's and High Flow Cats, Corsa Cat-back exhaust, Hurst short throw shifter, SLP skip-shift eliminator.

7/1/09 Placed order for IOM/IO int/ SS/RS 6M
9/26/09 Took delivery!
v6sonoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 11:27 AM   #250
mrray13

Quote:
I was just looking at the FN's.. Thankx.. Sorry magazine, my bad - thankx for the reminder.
Actually, it's no real big deal, lol. It's just a pet peeve, and from all my quals (I'm LEO), it gets driven into our skulls which is which, lol.

FN's are great guns, if I wasn't jonesing for a 4" .44mag wheelgun, an FN 45 would probably find it's way into my house!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by v6sonoma View Post
The Glocks have 2 safetys they have a pin safety that prevents it from firing if dropped and a trigger safety that only allows the gun to be fired when the trigger is depressed. So basically the gun wont fire unless your finger is on the trigger. The flip side is like any gun if it's gonna be in a place where a child could get near it you should have a trigger lock on it. Or better still have it in a gun safe. Glocks are great guns very reliable and they make a variety of sizes using almost any round you can think of.
Glocks have 2 internal safeties, and then the trigger safety. I was wrong when I said 4, lol...

Quote:
Originally Posted by wikipedia
Safety

Glock pistols are designed with three independent safety mechanisms to prevent accidental discharge. The system, designated "Safe Action" by Glock, consists of an external integrated trigger safety[30] and two automatic internal safeties: a firing pin safety[31] and a drop safety.[32] The external safety is a small inner lever contained in the trigger. Pressing the lever activates the trigger bar and sheet metal connector. The firing pin safety is a solid hardened steel pin that, in the secured state, blocks the firing pin channel (disabling the firing pin in its longitudinal axis). It is pushed upward to release the firing pin for firing only when the trigger is actuated and the safety is pushed up through the backward movement of the trigger bar. The drop safety guides the trigger bar in a ramp that is released only when direct rearward pressure is applied to the trigger. The three safety mechanisms are automatically disengaged one after the other when the trigger is squeezed, and are automatically reactivated when the trigger is released.[10][33] This passive safety system omits the manipulation of traditional on-off levers, hammers or other external safeties as found in many other handgun designs.

In short, Glocks are very safe guns, as far as mechanical problems go. The main safety on a Glock is the user, and that's where most of the problems occur.
Old 08-10-2010, 11:31 AM   #251
CaniacFan

Quote:
Actually, it's no real big deal, lol. It's just a pet peeve, and from all my quals (I'm LEO), it gets driven into our skulls which is which, lol.

In short, Glocks are very safe guns, as far as mechanical problems go. The main safety on a Glock is the user, and that's where most of the problems occur.
Thankx again for the share.. It helped a lot..
Old 08-10-2010, 03:05 PM   #252
SS-Eric

Drives: 2012 Convertible
Send a message via Yahoo to SS-Eric Send a message via Skype™ to SS-Eric
Check out the Springfield XD .45, or new XDM .45 nice light weight polymer gun. I've shot the XD and was very impressed and I cant wait to shoot the new XDM
SS-Eric is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camaro gun