Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 11-04-2015, 06:58 PM   #1
damian559

Drives: 2015 1SS, 1LE, Recaro, NPP
Suspension upgrades to help get a better 60'

One of the things I want to do this is to upgrade the rear suspension so I can launch harder. I talked to JDP Motorsports and they recommend their "Anti wheel hop" package. The price is exactly what I'm looking to spend, ~$500. Is this the best bang for my buck out there? What have you guys done to help cut a better 60'?

Thanks.

http://www.jdpmotorsports.com/manufa...s-zl1-jdps1008
12.1 @ 117 (Motor)
11.7 @ 129 (Nitrous)
Nitrous Outlet Single Nozzle Kit | Stand Alone Fuel Cell w/ C16 | Custom Grind Cam | Stainless Power 1 7/8 LT Headers | CAI Intake | ATI Super Damper | BMR Trailing Arms & Toe Links | Prothane Polyurethane Sub-frame Bushings | JDP Upper Control Arm Bushings | MT Drag Radials | Tuned by SS Motorsports
Youtube Channel:
Click Here
damian559 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 07:16 PM   #2
RJT Impala
Stovebolt BluFlame 6

Drives: '12 2LT/RS, IBM; '20 Traverse Prem
JDP has a reputation on this site as being one of the best places to go to for advice and parts. Both (advice and parts) are high quality and bring great results.
RJT Impala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 07:44 PM   #3
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
I am not a fan of any poly sub-frame bushings currently available. These are barely better than the 2010 - 12 OE bushings.

Your 1LE has improved solid rubber rear bushings and much improved front bushings. I wouldn't replace them with the poly that is available. Solid mounts will be a big plus, but they do shift strain and load to the sub-frame. I am partial to the DSE aluminum sub-frame bushings.

The Z/28 trailing arm knuckle bushing would be a plus, but they are not sold as a part separate from the Z/28 hub. The first place I suggest you look for improvement is to get your alignment checked. For drag racing and hard launches the critical specs are:

Rear Camber 0.00
Rear Toe IN 0.12
Total Toe IN 0.24

What tire pressures are you launching with?
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 07:27 PM   #4
hammdo
'It's an experiment'

Drives: [COTW 2/09/15] '11 GPI LSA SC Z/LE
Solids for sure, I did the BMRs and it was not enough. Also did more upgrades, but those and trailing arm/bushings would be a good start. Justice Pete and JDP are top notch...

-Don
hammdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 01:15 PM   #5
JDP Motorsports

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/ 2016 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by damian559 View Post
One of the things I want to do this is to upgrade the rear suspension so I can launch harder. I talked to JDP Motorsports and they recommend their "Anti wheel hop" package. The price is exactly what I'm looking to spend, ~$500. Is this the best bang for my buck out there? What have you guys done to help cut a better 60'?

Thanks.

http://www.jdpmotorsports.com/manufa...s-zl1-jdps1008
That is the best package available for the money without question. Please feel free to call, email or PM us anytime with questions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJT Impala View Post
JDP has a reputation on this site as being one of the best places to go to for advice and parts. Both (advice and parts) are high quality and bring great results.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
I am not a fan of any poly sub-frame bushings currently available. These are barely better than the 2010 - 12 OE bushings.

Your 1LE has improved solid rubber rear bushings and much improved front bushings. I wouldn't replace them with the poly that is available. Solid mounts will be a big plus, but they do shift strain and load to the sub-frame. I am partial to the DSE aluminum sub-frame bushings.

The Z/28 trailing arm knuckle bushing would be a plus, but they are not sold as a part separate from the Z/28 hub. The first place I suggest you look for improvement is to get your alignment checked. For drag racing and hard launches the critical specs are:

Rear Camber 0.00
Rear Toe IN 0.12
Total Toe IN 0.24

What tire pressures are you launching with?
The Prothane sub-frame mounts we use in our Economical Anti-Wheel Hop Package are 85A Durometer which is comparable to the Pedders HD mounts. The bushings in the above video are only 70A which is a little on the soft side. If budget isn't a factor the Detroit Speed Mounts are our go to mounts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammdo View Post
Solids for sure, I did the BMRs and it was not enough. Also did more upgrades, but those and trailing arm/bushings would be a good start. Justice Pete and JDP are top notch...

-Don

Kind regards,

Jordan Priestley
JDP Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote