Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 10-14-2013, 02:43 AM   #1
ben3350

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT ABM
ZL1 front seems to be a growing trend...

And I am definitely part of it. Got mine put on almost a month ago. I absolutely love it and think it makes the car look amazing.

But I've seen especially in the last 6 months people doing this. Anyone know why so suddenly it seems like everyone is doing it?

Maybe its because the 2010-2013 cars are so new so people aren't so willing to mess with how good stock looks. But maybe now since we have the 2014 out with a new looking front people are more comfortable experimenting and adding on since it's not the "newest look" anymore if you know what I mean. Thats one theory I have.

Truth is for me, I would have never done it on my own. The reason I did was because I got a dent in my front fender and as a 2010 car it was prone to a few scratches over time. Instead of shelling out the money to just get the same exact thing, I figured I'd use it as an excuse to upgrade. And man it just changes the whole car, it gets more attention that it did before also, especially with the ABM color.

But I sure have seen a ton of camaros with zl1 fronts on the forums and also out on the streets. I'm all for it! Just wanted to know what made everyone switch.

So if you got it done, how recently was it and what made you decide to do it?
Old 10-14-2013, 06:20 AM   #2
hrpiii
AKA "Beefcake"

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Sharkskin
I won't be one to do the ZL1 conversion. I will be in the Z28 crowd. I have patience.
hrpiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 06:26 AM   #3
RubyCamaro
Jan

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
I just want the ZL1 grill. I was planning to get the Heritage grill but so many folks have it now that it ic not as unique and the ZL1 grill is a lot cheaper too. I think it looks good.
Old 10-14-2013, 10:32 AM   #4
guthix

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IOM/Black stripes
i think my car looks great with just a zl1 grille, i really prefer the looks of an 1LE over the ZL1 at times honestly so i might just get a splitter, and zl1 rockers and call it a day lol

Ignore black spec on bumper, somethings wrong with my GS4's camera
Old 10-14-2013, 10:51 AM   #5
CamaroI

Drives: 2010 IOM Camaro
I guess to each there own. I prefer the ZL1 front rather than stock. Looks more aggressive IMO. As for the grills not a huge huge difference between the ZL1 and Heritage. I often need to do a double take to see the difference.
CamaroI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 10:54 AM   #6
Explit Player
IG @Brian_ _Self

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS M6+17'Tesla Model S
Weoooooweh
Attached Images

Old 10-14-2013, 10:56 AM   #7
CamaroI

Zl1 just looks more aggressive than the stock photo above. ZL1 grill or not.

Old 10-14-2013, 03:12 PM   #8
woodside783
Casey Woodside

Drives: a very fun car
Because race car
Old 10-15-2013, 07:00 AM   #9
Inuyashas_Brother

Drives: '10 Camaro LS - M6
That's a good question. I'm in the process of ordering the parts. In my case, after 3 years of owning the car I was looking for a more drastic cosmetic modification, plus the fact that I cracked my bumper helped. But also I wanted a challenging project - everything from getting the right parts, to figuring out how they go together. I'm even making my own wiring harness with separate switches, which has been a fun excuse to relearn high school physics on how electricity works.
Old 10-15-2013, 08:35 AM   #10
BluePhoenix

Drives: GMC Sierra AT4
ZL1 bumper adds some aggression to the appearance over stock. But there are not many options for nice quality aftermarket bumpers for the 5th gens out there. It's also a lot easier to modify the stock with things like a heritage grill, ZL1 grill or one of those custom grills, ACS T2 or T3 ports & a splitter of some sort. I like the ZL1 front but I don't think I'm going to do it personally. I'm just going stock w/ SLP style splitter.

WTB - 2010 Camaro 1SS or 2SS, Aqua Blue Metallic, A6
BluePhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 02:52 PM   #11
guthix

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IOM/Black stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by BluePhoenix View Post
ZL1 bumper adds some aggression to the appearance over stock. But there are not many options for nice quality aftermarket bumpers for the 5th gens out there. It's also a lot easier to modify the stock with things like a heritage grill, ZL1 grill or one of those custom grills, ACS T2 or T3 ports & a splitter of some sort. I like the ZL1 front but I don't think I'm going to do it personally. I'm just going stock w/ SLP style splitter.
I took my front bumper off when i put my zl1 grille on my car, never coming off again i don't think my arms could take it again, they were sliced up for days lol.

my plan is splitter and zl1 rockers, i think that will look aggressive enough for me.Do you think i should do splitter and rockers at the same time? instead of getting just splitter first?

i don't want people seeing my car and going omg a ZL1 then realize oh its just an ss ... people already see my car and think its bad ass
Old 10-15-2013, 03:21 PM   #12
CamaroI

Quote:
Originally Posted by guthix View Post
I took my front bumper off when i put my zl1 grille on my car, never coming off again i don't think my arms could take it again, they were sliced up for days lol.

my plan is splitter and zl1 rockers, i think that will look aggressive enough for me.Do you think i should do splitter and rockers at the same time? instead of getting just splitter first?

i don't want people seeing my car and going omg a ZL1 then realize oh its just an ss ... people already see my car and think its bad ass

Going out on a limb here, but think about 1% of the population going to know your car is not a true ZL1. While sitting at a stop light, I doubt the mom in the mini van next to you will state, Hey Frank (turning to her husband) look at that guy in the Camaro next to us trying to be a ZL1 poser.
Old 10-15-2013, 03:26 PM   #13
CamaroI

Prior to doing my ZL1 front I did a splitter without the ZL1 sides. However, I would attempt to decide which one your really want first.
Old 10-16-2013, 07:47 PM   #14
Sky

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT RSky Edition
Come down to FL Ben I haven't seen a single other soul with a ZL1 on the road with me. I actually see more 14's than 10-13s actually.