Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 11-01-2013, 12:24 AM   #43
lawman007
Panama-Gulf War Vet

Drives: '11 SW 1LT/RS 6M
Well don't admit anything or they might stick you with the ticket. Unless they determined it was definitely your fault. You should have full coverage and the tow and rental should be covered. He/She didn't back up did he/she? Or stop too short? Hope you get taken care of. I had Progressive when I totaled my F-150; they hooked me up. But I wanted them to cover the New High Performance(Camaro) and raised my rates. Oh well.
Old 11-01-2013, 03:26 PM   #44
jd10013

Drives: 2012 camaro
you never did say, what happened with the other car? did you just tell him to call your insurance for you or what?
jd10013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 03:31 PM   #45
jd10013

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBourne23 View Post
Why is it that if someone hits you from behind and drives you into the vehicle in front of you, you are responsible for the car in front of yours damage? You had no control

because if you leave enough space between you and the car in front of you you'll be able to avoid hitting them. keep in mind, your supposed to leave a car length between you and the car in front of you. because most people don't your not absolved of responsibility. if someone rear ends you hard enough to push you a car length forward with your brakes engaged then you're going to be dead anyways.
Old 11-01-2013, 03:39 PM   #46
lbheat
Echale Gas [COTW 3/10/14]

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS Supercharged
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swacer View Post
Man...hit a 60K jeep...

If I was that jeep owner, you would have been laid out. lol
Yeah thats what i was gonna say. Purty expensive car you hit there. You'll be missing an arm and a leg after the jeep repair quote.

Kenne Bell
502 rwhp/ 471 rwtq at 9psi (daily driver...for now)
Performance: Corsa catback, JRE Super Tensioner, dual pass heat exchanger, R1 slotted & Dimpled rotors cryogenically treated
Cosmetic: Giovanna kilis 22", zl1 mailslot bumper, Custom Emblem Pro Badge, painted calipers
lbheat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 09:20 PM   #47
NJBourne23
Master of Nothings

Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd10013 View Post
because if you leave enough space between you and the car in front of you you'll be able to avoid hitting them. keep in mind, your supposed to leave a car length between you and the car in front of you. because most people don't your not absolved of responsibility. if someone rear ends you hard enough to push you a car length forward with your brakes engaged then you're going to be dead anyways.
HA HA in NJ if you leave a car length, a lot of people feel that's enough room for them and the car behind them to squeeze in. I'm not saying it's right i'm just saying it's not cool. I too believe everyone should have insurance but I also believe that insurance should be reasonably priced SO everyone can have it. Before moving to PA i was paying about $300+ with no speeding tickets or points on my license. This was considered a deal. Now my wife and I pay less than $150 for both of us here in PA. certain factors are calculated in of course but I just think that price differences are way too drastic state to state.

2010 Chevrolet Camaro 2LT/RS
NJBourne23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 09:27 PM   #48
kevinw

Drives: 2013 Black 2 LT vert
i admit i have had a habit of tailgating. i started after i moved to the bigger city of Kansas City and deaolt with rush hour traffic. i brake with my left foot. now, to add to my distraction, i have the mylink radio and i love fiddling with the radio, hence i got an automatic. but, yes, following too close can be dangerous
kevinw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 12:03 AM   #49
31B

Drives: 2014 Black 1SS A6
Send a message via Yahoo to 31B
Quote:
Why is it that if someone hits you from behind and drives you into the vehicle in front of you, you are responsible for the car in front of yours damage? You had no control
I spent 2 years investigating traffic accidents. This is not always the case. You assess the scene and determine the factors that cause the collision (i.e Primary cause of collision then contributing factors). The
insurance companies then use that to assess liability. If you are hit from a stopped position and pushed into someone else, and you had a valid legal reason to be stopped, then the insurance company should not assess liability.
31B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 06:25 AM   #50
jd10013

Quote:
HA HA in NJ if you leave a car length, a lot of people feel that's enough room for them and the car behind them to squeeze in. I'm not saying it's right i'm just saying it's not cool. I too believe everyone should have insurance but I also believe that insurance should be reasonably priced SO everyone can have it. Before moving to PA i was paying about $300+ with no speeding tickets or points on my license. This was considered a deal. Now my wife and I pay less than $150 for both of us here in PA. certain factors are calculated in of course but I just think that price differences are way too drastic state to state.
it's the same here. it's also why there are several accidents on interstate 95 and the capital beltway every day.

as for the insurance, it's basically the states. they regulate it and set minimum coverages and stuff like that.
Old 11-02-2013, 05:27 PM   #51
Gone to the bowtie side
Former Ford man

Drives: 2016 Red Hot 1SS, NPP.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 31B View Post
I spent 2 years investigating traffic accidents. This is not always the case. You assess the scene and determine the factors that cause the collision (i.e Primary cause of collision then contributing factors). The
insurance companies then use that to assess liability. If you are hit from a stopped position and pushed into someone else, and you had a valid legal reason to be stopped, then the insurance company should not assess liability.
My dad's vehicle was behind another vehicle at a red light. The vehicle's driver was screwing around with something in his floorboard and thought that he was in park instead of reverse. He ended up speeding into my dad's vehicle and sweared that my dad rear ended him.
The trooper on the scene saw that the skid marks were all in front of the tires.
2000 - 08 Sep 09
3300 - TPW 28 Sep 09
3400 - 28 Sep 09
3800 - VIN 2G1FT1EW9A9153318
5000 - 21 Oct 09
6000 - 22 Oct 09
traded in for 2016 Camaro
Gone to the bowtie side is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 06:41 AM   #52
ale91613

Drives: 2ss
Same deal happen to me bro... call insurance file a claim..

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk
ale91613 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 06:45 AM   #53
ale91613

Drives: 2ss
My front bumper after hit... but the car I hit was a toyota camry.. not a high car. But I also hit it around same speed.. fooling around on road is no joke... specially when u have an accident so stupid like I did.. u learn the hard way I guess.. now stilll waiting for parts to arrived to bodyshop.. but hey insurance claim right away... u should have done it right after cop left.. thats what I did. I called insurance right there at the scene and told them what had happend and that I wanted to do a claim.. good luck with ur car bro

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk
Attached Images

ale91613 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 11:45 AM   #54
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
If you're at fault, NEVER call the cops if you can avoid it. Transfer information and get the person in contact w/ your insurance so he's comfortable with no police report. Apologize up and down, give him all your info and make sure he knows your insurance will take care of it.

This keeps if off of CarFax
keeps you from getting a ticket
keeps the ambulance chasing lawyers from talking the other guy into neck pains.

You had 1.5 hours to get this done. Once your insurance has your statement that you are at fault, the other guy should have no problem just getting his car fixed without a police report.
Old 11-07-2013, 12:33 PM   #55
AztecCamaro

Drives: 2013 Camaro Dusk SS Auto Vert
Most of the time police reports are not helpful anyways. The police were not there when the accident happened. As a liability investigator, I'm not taking the police's word for who is at fault. Police reports are usually only helpful if we don't have information for someone.
AztecCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote