Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 08-17-2011, 05:20 PM   #1
menendez1293
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS M6
Cold Air Inductions CAI.

I have had my CAI inc Cai for a while now. All i can say GREAT!! I get a lot of comments about it and when I'm at a car show i have people just stare and aww at it. But not only does it look good it works great also. Not only has it given me a nicer sound in my engine but it also has given me a lot better MPG. Today at fill up i had an average of 23. All i can say is i am very proud of the work that CAI inc did on this intake. Thanks for the amazing work CAI.

Here is a picture of my CAI in my car. Let me know what you guys think.

menendez1293 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 05:35 PM   #2
SIXJAK

Drives: MO's only SC'd LLT.
Good choice and very nice looking looking engine bay. Working on mine.
IPF supercharger kit, IPF tune, SW LT's, R. Tech HFC's, ARK DT-S catback, SS Brembo brake upgrade, BC Racing adjustable coilovers, Hurst STS, Pfadt rear arm package, Pfadt adjustable sways & end links, Pfadt diff bushings, BMR rear cradle full kit blk bezels,SS diffuser, Innovate gauges.
SIXJAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 06:58 PM   #3
CTBranson

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Auto
Quote:
Originally Posted by SIXJAK View Post
Good choice and very nice looking looking engine bay. Working on mine.
what's up JAK?! its Jason! I got my CAI installed last month! OMG what a difference!!!! Loving it!
CTBranson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 01:06 AM   #4
SIXJAK

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTBranson View Post
what's up JAK?! its Jason! I got my CAI installed last month! OMG what a difference!!!! Loving it!
I bet. My bro needs to get one too. I cleaned his clock the other day. If it's over 80 degrees his SS is a dog. He's done the fuse pull and it still seems really prone to heatsoak. Somethin is screwy. He's holding off trying to decide whether or not he's going to SC it. If it were me I'd just do the CAI LT's and the Corsa exhaust. I bet that would wake his car right up. The Corsa sounds amazing on the SS BTW.

We need to hook up bro.
IPF supercharger kit, IPF tune, SW LT's, R. Tech HFC's, ARK DT-S catback, SS Brembo brake upgrade, BC Racing adjustable coilovers, Hurst STS, Pfadt rear arm package, Pfadt adjustable sways & end links, Pfadt diff bushings, BMR rear cradle full kit blk bezels,SS diffuser, Innovate gauges.
Old 08-18-2011, 09:10 AM   #5
Sales @ CAI Inc

Drives: 2010 SS/RS Supercharged 427 Build
Quote:
Originally Posted by menendez1293 View Post
I have had my CAI inc Cai for a while now. All i can say GREAT!! I get a lot of comments about it and when I'm at a car show i have people just stare and aww at it. But not only does it look good it works great also. Not only has it given me a nicer sound in my engine but it also has given me a lot better MPG. Today at fill up i had an average of 23. All i can say is i am very proud of the work that CAI inc did on this intake. Thanks for the amazing work CAI.

Awesome, thanks for choosing CAI Inc.! I am glad you are so happy!!
Sales @ CAI Inc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 03:03 PM   #6
chevyfan#1
I Love my new Camaro!!

Drives: Hyper Blue 2016 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by menendez1293 View Post

Looks cool!! I feel the same way about my CAI!! Exhaust is coming soon!!
chevyfan#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 07:29 PM   #7
LoPerformance Motorsports
Loperformance Motorsports

Drives: 2011 2LT
I have nothing but good things to say about CAI. I have done all kinds of thing to car for years. Bought so many aftermarket parts it will make your head swim. Anything from polished nuts to Super chargers. The construction of the CAI is just Awsome. Yes a little price-e, but well worth the money and performance level is very good. Would not run anything but it!!!
Attached Images

LoPerformance Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 12:20 AM   #8
Blacc Mamba
SoCal HT5

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoPerformance Motorsports View Post
I have nothing but good things to say about CAI. I have done all kinds of thing to car for years. Bought so many aftermarket parts it will make your head swim. Anything from polished nuts to Super chargers. The construction of the CAI is just Awsome. Yes a little price-e, but well worth the money and performance level is very good. Would not run anything but it!!!
What is that piece on the engine that looks like an intake
Blacc Mamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 01:01 AM   #9
SIXJAK

Oil breather cap. It works in conjunction with the catchcan.
Old 08-19-2011, 01:36 AM   #10
Blacc Mamba
SoCal HT5

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by SIXJAK View Post
Oil breather cap. It works in conjunction with the catchcan.
Where Can I get one these, I plan ordering my cai this weekend
Blacc Mamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 11:21 AM   #11
caligrown562

Drives: 2012 1SS
I have been thinking about buying a CAI. Has anyone had any problems with them? I don't want to have to worry about any codes popping up and I know some intakes have had this problem.
caligrown562 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 12:30 PM   #12
Sales @ CAI Inc

Drives: 2010 SS/RS Supercharged 427 Build
Quote:
Originally Posted by caligrown562 View Post
I have been thinking about buying a CAI. Has anyone had any problems with them? I don't want to have to worry about any codes popping up and I know some intakes have had this problem.
Our system will not throw a code, does not require a tune, and is a very simple bolt on. We have thousdans of happy customers and incorporate design features that no one else in the industry does. Let me know if you need anything or have any questions, I would be happy to help!
Sales @ CAI Inc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 12:43 PM   #13
SIXJAK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacc Mamba View Post
Where Can I get one these, I plan ordering my cai this weekend
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=109416
Old 08-19-2011, 12:46 PM   #14
SIXJAK

Quote:
Originally Posted by caligrown562 View Post

I had mine on for 2 months with no other mods and had no CEL issues. After I put on my long tubes however, I got a CEL but the CAI intake had nothing to do with that. The CAI should not throw a CEL.