Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 03-20-2021, 06:05 PM   #1
jonholloway500

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro 2ss
Best starter mods

Hey guys, I recently acquired a used (the warranty is already expired) 2017 stock 2ss... I previously had a 2010 LS, all I did to it was take off the mufflers. I was wondering what y'all thought the best mods would be that isn't too expensive and wouldn't require an insane amount of time to do. I feel that the stock exhaust is good for now, but let me know. I was thinking possibly a procharger?

Last edited by jonholloway500; 03-20-2021 at 06:16 PM. Reason: needed more information
jonholloway500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2021, 02:55 AM   #2
Chevelle vs Camaro

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonholloway500 View Post
Hey guys, I recently acquired a used (the warranty is already expired) 2017 stock 2ss... I previously had a 2010 LS, all I did to it was take off the mufflers. I was wondering what y'all thought the best mods would be that isn't too expensive and wouldn't require an insane amount of time to do. I feel that the stock exhaust is good for now, but let me know. I was thinking possibly a procharger?

Was lucky enough to find an 18,with one on it. If you like stupid fast I’d definitely recommend a PC.

For me already ordered smoked sidemarker, Mishimoto coolant reservoir tank. Gonna order a 2019 2nd gen front spoiler from RPI designs and some ACS ZL1 rockers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Chevelle vs Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2021, 12:39 PM   #3
jonholloway500

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro 2ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevelle vs Camaro View Post

Was lucky enough to find an 18,with one on it. If you like stupid fast I’d definitely recommend a PC.

For me already ordered smoked sidemarker, Mishimoto coolant reservoir tank. Gonna order a 2019 2nd gen front spoiler from RPI designs and some ACS ZL1 rockers.

Do you know if anything else is required for a procharger? Like any engine upgrades, etc.

I’ve been thinking about some smoked taillights or headlights

jonholloway500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2021, 02:49 PM   #4
Puddin

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonholloway500 View Post
Do you know if anything else is required for a procharger? Like any engine upgrades, etc.

I’ve been thinking about some smoked taillights or headlights

If you're going to run the procharger tune or a custom conservative tune then no nothing else is needed but if you decide to turn it up prepare to open the wallet because your fuel system is not going to be able to handle it.
Puddin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2021, 03:00 PM   #5
LT1ornothing

Drives: 2020 LT1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puddin View Post
If you're going to run the procharger tune or a custom conservative tune then no nothing else is needed but if you decide to turn it up prepare to open the wallet because your fuel system is not going to be able to handle it.
THIS!

Also, make a plan for what you want from the car in the end before you just start throwing bolt-ons on it. As mentioned, an entry level blower kit set at 550-590 rwhp is enough for many people and is said to be about the tire limit on the street power wise.The lt4 blower conversion is an inexpensive and reliable means of putting down 600 rwhp, might want to look into that.
LT1ornothing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2021, 05:47 AM   #6
Chevelle vs Camaro

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS
Best starter mods

Yeah it’s a D1sc. Can definitely do more power but this just basic tune for all stock parts. To get more power would need to up fuel system. Got Dyno sheet and 605 HP at wheels and 545 tq.... More than enough as is for me.

Chevelle vs Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2021, 05:59 AM   #7
delthawk5

Drives: 2019 2SS Crush
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevelle vs Camaro View Post
Yeah it’s a D1sc. Can definitely do more power but this just basic tune for all stock parts. To get more power would need to up fuel system. Got Dyno sheet and 605 HP at wheels and 545 tq.... More than enough as is for me.

A few years ago someone was working on an electric supercharger for the BRZ/GT86 platform. And damn, do I wish someone had something similar for the LT1. It was a small package that could easily be installed/removed, and required minimal tuning. It only added like 50-75 hp/tq if I recall correctly, which would be great for someone like me who wants an extra boost at higher elevation without going full supercharger.
delthawk5 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
beginner, mods, stock