Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / PA

Old 01-31-2016, 10:01 AM   #2619
ssmike
BL1ZZRD

Drives: '16 Camaro 2SS, '20 Equinox Redline
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueforce View Post
Hey whats up guys! I was just informed of this thread by Mr. Wyndham. Hopefully i'll be seeing you guys around town come spring!
Some of us are going to the Motorama on March 26. We usually have lunch at Anchor Bar then go to the show. Also, opening day at Watkins Glen April 16. You're welcome to join us!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wyndham View Post
Welcome to the club!
Long time no see Joe! How are you doing? Still have the 1LE DD?
ssmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2016, 01:40 PM   #2620
Blueforce

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS RS 6M
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssmike View Post
Some of us are going to the Motorama on March 26. We usually have lunch at Anchor Bar then go to the show. Also, opening day at Watkins Glen April 16. You're welcome to join us!
Oh that's cool, I usually go to that anyways just to check if out. Lunch at anchor bar sounds pretty good. Hopefully I can make it.

Watkins Glen sounds pretty cool, I have never been dragging or to the track with any car yet. Would probably be pretty awesome. I wanted to start doing a little more with my car starting this year so that's a good way to get into things.

1 7/8 Dynatech headers -- Hi flow cats -- Full 3" Borla Atak cat back -- CAI Intake -- Bo White PTB -- Jannety Tune
Blueforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2016, 04:07 PM   #2621
BLU DUCE

Drives: 2011 1SS/RS IBM Camaro
Quote:
Oh that's cool, I usually go to that anyways just to check if out. Lunch at anchor bar sounds pretty good. Hopefully I can make it.

Watkins Glen sounds pretty cool, I have never been dragging or to the track with any car yet. Would probably be pretty awesome. I wanted to start doing a little more with my car starting this year so that's a good way to get into things.
Yah not all the time BUT most of the time we get an old fart corvette driver on the track with us Camaro guys the track has to ask them to leave because their either to dam slow or scared all to hell.
Old 01-31-2016, 04:38 PM   #2622
Blueforce

Quote:
Originally Posted by spike III View Post
Yah not all the time BUT most of the time we get an old fart corvette driver on the track with us Camaro guys the track has to ask them to leave because their either to dam slow or scared all to hell.
Lol. That's OK, I'm probably younger than most on here. I wouldn't be scared but to go really fast, probably need a few laps to feel it out. But I read that on April 16th the pace car leads and you're stuck at a max of 55mph. I can do that on the thruway so what's the point of that? Or can you actually drive around and try to get some good laps in?

1 7/8 Dynatech headers -- Hi flow cats -- Full 3" Borla Atak cat back -- CAI Intake -- Bo White PTB -- Jannety Tune
Old 01-31-2016, 04:44 PM   #2623
ssmike
BL1ZZRD

Quote:
Lol. That's OK, I'm probably younger than most on here. I wouldn't be scared but to go really fast, probably need a few laps to feel it out. But I read that on April 16th the pace car leads and you're stuck at a max of 55mph. I can do that on the thruway so what's the point of that? Or can you actually drive around and try to get some good laps in?
It's actually quite fun! Our group has a reputation at the track of being a little aggressive, so depending on the pace car driver, we can get up to 100mph + down the straights at times and have some fun in the turns! We also rent the nearby go-cart track and have a blast! Spike was referring to one time last year when another group of Corvettes were out ahead of us and some old fart in a Vette was going really slow and holding our group up. Very frustrating!
Old 01-31-2016, 06:35 PM   #2624
BLU DUCE

Quote:
It's actually quite fun! Our group has a reputation at the track of being a little aggressive, so depending on the pace car driver, we can get up to 100mph + down the straights at times and have some fun in the turns! We also rent the nearby go-cart track and have a blast! Spike was referring to one time last year when another group of Corvettes were out ahead of us and some old fart in a Vette was going really slow and holding our group up. Very frustrating!
Actually I was refering to you Mike. Just couldn't help it.
Old 01-31-2016, 06:51 PM   #2625
Wolfco13

Drives: 45th RS Vert, 50th SS Coupe
The corvette driver was waived off by the track people.
Also last year, a mustang got scared and pulled off the track onto the grass to let us pass!

Old 01-31-2016, 07:52 PM   #2626
ssmike
BL1ZZRD

Quote:
Actually I was refering to you Mike. Just couldn't help it.
I had a feeling!
Old 02-01-2016, 09:40 AM   #2627
Blueforce

Quote:
That's cool, sounds like a lot of fun.

Quote:
Hahaha

Old 02-06-2016, 06:59 PM   #2628
samman11

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS Convertible
I'm new here. This past fall, I bought 2011 camaro ss convertible. Only 3200 miles on her. I'm from Rochester, NY and would like to know more about Camaro events and the track events mentioned in the posts above. do they let convertibles on the track? How much are these events?
samman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2016, 07:16 PM   #2629
BLU DUCE

spike III Build IBM 1SS/RS [COTW] 6/25/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by samman11 View Post
I'm new here. This past fall, I bought 2011 camaro ss convertible. Only 3200 miles on her. I'm from Rochester, NY and would like to know more about Camaro events and the track events mentioned in the posts above. do they let convertibles on the track? How much are these events?
Congrats on the new car. I'm one of the co-founders of Upstate C 5. Welcome to the Buffalo thread.If you click on page 1 of Upstate C 5 it will tell you what to do to join an awesome Camaro club. And click on the calendar for up coming events. Everything will be posted there as we get more info. on the up coming events. ZED SLED is the moderator of our thread. And yes we track Watkins Glen about 3 times a year. I believe the price is $25 for 3 laps controlled by Pace cars.
Old 02-07-2016, 12:25 AM   #2630
samman11

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS Convertible
Quote:
Congrats on the new car. I'm one of the co-founders of Upstate C 5. Welcome to the Buffalo thread.If you click on page 1 of Upstate C 5 it will tell you what to do to join an awesome Camaro club. And click on the calendar for up coming events. Everything will be posted there as we get more info. on the up coming events. ZED SLED is the moderator of our thread. And yes we track Watkins Glen about 3 times a year. I believe the price is $25 for 3 laps controlled by Pace cars.
Do they allow convertibles at the glen?
samman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2016, 08:08 AM   #2631
BLU DUCE

Quote:
Originally Posted by samman11 View Post
Do they allow convertibles at the glen?
See what happens when you get old. That was the first thing I was going to answer & the answer is yes We have 5 that I know of in the club that track theirs.
Old 02-07-2016, 01:49 PM   #2632
sxty9GTO
VEGAS 11

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS
Welcome Samman and BlueForce

Keep On Trucking
sxty9GTO is offline   Reply With Quote