Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions > The Sports Lounge

Old 02-05-2010, 02:30 PM   #1
2ndgenz28
Thread Killer

Drives: All Black
Send a message via ICQ to 2ndgenz28 Send a message via AIM to 2ndgenz28 Send a message via Yahoo to 2ndgenz28
Labor lockout likely, NFL players union boss says

Labor lockout likely, NFL players union boss says 2011 season in danger.

"FORT LAUDERDALE, FLA. — After months of relative quiet on the NFL labor front, the gloves are off.

DeMaurice Smith, who replaced the late Gene Upshaw as executive director of the NFL Players Association, told reporters Thursday that NFL owners have asked the players to take an 18 percent pay cut in the next collective bargaining agreement.

According to Smith, the players receive about 59 percent of what's called total football revenue. The league's proposal, he said, would reduce the players' share to 41 percent. Per player, that would amount to an average pay cut of $340,000, according to Smith's math.

"Last year, the National Football League generated about $8 billion in total revenue," Smith said. "Forbes magazine estimated that average per team profit was $31 million."

If the players accepted that pay cut, the owners would generate another $1 billion in profit for the teams, Smith claimed.

"My question is why?" he said. "If there is something to do to change this deal because teams are not profitable, tell us. If there is something out there that shows that these team's profit margins are off by even 1 percent, tell (us). ... But I'm still waiting for that answer.""

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/spo...9?OpenDocument

http://www.cbssports.com/columns/sto...owner-vs-owner

http://news.google.com/news?client=o...N&hl=en&tab=wn
2ndgenz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 02:47 PM   #2
rmpackers
Ride this Chevy

Drives: 2010 RJT RS Camaro
Craptastick!
Old 02-05-2010, 03:04 PM   #3
2ndgenz28
Thread Killer

Send a message via ICQ to 2ndgenz28 Send a message via AIM to 2ndgenz28 Send a message via Yahoo to 2ndgenz28
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmpackers View Post
Craptastick!
But for some of the teams, it will be there best season yet going 0-0
Old 02-05-2010, 03:07 PM   #4
Dave_O
Needs a Camaro

Drives: 2007 Chevy Trailblazer
That's one of the reasons teams aren't going after the coaches they really want...they don't want to be paying those salaries while they are holding out and not playing. the same thing with players. One of the reason's Lovie is still in Chicago....

I LOVE GM vehicles, and particularly Chevy's, but would buy any GM vehicle if I had the $$...Hopefully, one day, soon enough, a 5th Gen CAMARO! Dave_O
Dave_O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 03:16 PM   #5
2ndgenz28
Thread Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_O View Post
That's one of the reasons teams aren't going after the coaches they really want...they don't want to be paying those salaries while they are holding out and not playing. the same thing with players. One of the reason's Lovie is still in Chicago....
Probably why Cowers is still riding the TV announcer bench, no one will pay what he wants.

Though feel bad for anyone who does get him. I had to support him in the past but was glad to see him go. Hes a to many eggs in one basket kind of guy, to afraid to shake things up when folks fail at their job.
Old 02-05-2010, 03:19 PM   #6
Dave_O
Needs a Camaro

Drives: 2007 Chevy Trailblazer
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ndgenz28 View Post
Probably why Cowers is still riding the TV announcer bench, no one will pay what he wants.

Though feel bad for anyone who does get him. I had to support him in the past but was glad to see him go. Hes a to many eggs in one basket kind of guy, to afraid to shake things up when folks fail at their job.
Yea, the Bears were actually talking to him. I would have LOVED to see him in Chicago, because Ownership likes to strongly voice their opinions, and force things upon the coach, although sometimes they wait too long like they did Ron Turner (who's name I never remember because I hated him so much, had to ask my roommate his name, literally)

I LOVE GM vehicles, and particularly Chevy's, but would buy any GM vehicle if I had the $$...Hopefully, one day, soon enough, a 5th Gen CAMARO! Dave_O
Dave_O is offline   Reply With Quote