Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 05-27-2014, 09:02 PM   #29
No Regrets 2014

Drives: 2014 2SS RSFV3F Ordered- TPW5/26
Hey, I was just reading your journal and the hyperlink to the blog. Your not going to believe this...... But my dad worked for the railroad TOO! Metro North, and my brother and I used to go to work with him from time to time and collect refund cans from the garbage cans in the stations to help make ends meet. He had a slight drinking problem as well, but he's still alive and just last year beat stage 4 throat cancer. He bought me first first camaro in 1991, a 1977 Z28, t-tops, with Crager Soup Dish rims. Simply amazing.
No Regrets 2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 09:26 PM   #30
Camaro_krazee
COTW 5/26/14

Drives: '12 2LT/RS; '14 2SS/RS LS3 SSE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muscle Car Lover View Post
I got mega butterflies in my stomach! This always seemed SO FAR away and now it's on a train coming home???!!!! I was not even ready with the stuff I wanted to buy and went nuts last night spending $$$$.

Thanks for checking in and commenting, appreciate that.
You are so welcome!

My hubby often jokes he is going to SUPER GLUE my credit cards in my wallet so I can't "do as much damage"
Old 05-28-2014, 06:21 AM   #31
Muscle Car Lover

Drives: 2014 2SS M6 "CHRISTINE"
Quote:
Originally Posted by No Regrets 2014 View Post
Hey, I was just reading your journal and the hyperlink to the blog. Your not going to believe this...... But my dad worked for the railroad TOO! Metro North, and my brother and I used to go to work with him from time to time and collect refund cans from the garbage cans in the stations to help make ends meet. He had a slight drinking problem as well, but he's still alive and just last year beat stage 4 throat cancer. He bought me first first camaro in 1991, a 1977 Z28, t-tops, with Crager Soup Dish rims. Simply amazing.
What are the odds on that??!! Cool.
Glad he is still with you. Railroad is a tough way to earn a living.
"But, House Mormont remembers. The North remembers! We know no King but the King of the North whose name is Stark. I don't care if he's a bastard. Ned Stark's blood runs through his veins. He's my king–from this day until his last day."

Mods: ARH headers and hi flow cats, VMAX ported throttle body, CAI air intake, Slowhawk Performance tuning
Muscle Car Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 09:21 AM   #32
Indydriver

Drives: '14 2SS/RS Vert 6M/KTU/NPP/DTA/ARH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro_krazee View Post
You are so welcome!

My hubby often jokes he is going to SUPER GLUE my credit cards in my wallet so I can't "do as much damage"
This reminds me of Glenn Fry introducing the Eagles' song, "Take it to the Limit" when he says, "My wife thinks this song is about our credit cards."
Old 05-28-2014, 12:32 PM   #33
Camaro_krazee
COTW 5/26/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indydriver View Post
This reminds me of Glenn Fry introducing the Eagles' song, "Take it to the Limit" when he says, "My wife thinks this song is about our credit cards."
OMGEEEEE....you mean that isn't what that song means????
Old 05-28-2014, 05:34 PM   #34
Muscle Car Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indydriver View Post
Awesome!
"But, House Mormont remembers. The North remembers! We know no King but the King of the North whose name is Stark. I don't care if he's a bastard. Ned Stark's blood runs through his veins. He's my king–from this day until his last day."

Mods: ARH headers and hi flow cats, VMAX ported throttle body, CAI air intake, Slowhawk Performance tuning
Old 05-28-2014, 05:35 PM   #35
Muscle Car Lover

I forgot, I bought the Reflective Concepts "3-D Carbon Fiber" chevy bowtie overlays. Two front and two back in case I screw it up the 1st time

Old 05-29-2014, 07:28 PM   #36
Muscle Car Lover

Now why, WHY, did I get my rail car number from the AWESOME William of Chevrolet Customer Svc? Now I gotta search to find out how to track that.

ETTX715405

I punish myself

Old 05-29-2014, 07:54 PM   #37
Camaro_krazee
COTW 5/26/14

Do this..
1. dial 1-800-877-5123
2. press 1 for english.
3. say "trace"
4. say "one" (number of packages)
5. say "ETTX and whatever your railcar # is"
If it tries to put you through to a live person...HANG UP. Do NOT talk to a person; they could take away our ability to track the rail cars.

let me know if this doesn't work, and I'll call in for you. I made hard copies of tracking by rail, and now I can't find it on the forum. I know CSX is from Canada into the US, and you can track all the way with CSX. UP [Union Pacific] is everything WEST of the Mississippi.

let me know,
hth
Old 05-29-2014, 07:57 PM   #38
Muscle Car Lover

Quote:
Do this..
1. dial 1-800-877-5123
2. press 1 for english.
3. say "trace"
4. say "one" (number of packages)
5. say "ETTX and whatever your railcar # is"
If it tries to put you through to a live person...HANG UP. Do NOT talk to a person; they could take away our ability to track the rail cars.

let me know if this doesn't work, and I'll call in for you. I made hard copies of tracking by rail, and now I can't find it on the forum. I know CSX is from Canada into the US, and you can track all the way with CSX. UP [Union Pacific] is everything WEST of the Mississippi.

let me know,
hth
THANKS!!! Now I am really in trouble!
I will try in a few minutes.

Old 05-29-2014, 08:03 PM   #39
Camaro_krazee
COTW 5/26/14

OK...here's the BEST instructions; I dug mine out and found the thread it was in.

Quote:
Here is rail tracking info. Once your car is shipped your dealer can call the Gm Dealer Business Center and get the Railcar Number. You can track it by using the automated Phone system

CSX is everything east of the Mississippi
Up is everything west of the Mississippi

But they all start out on CSX so once they have it in there system they will follow it all the way.

How do I track my car on a railcar?

First and most important. Never talk to live personnel at the railroad! Only use automated phone system. If it attempts to transfer you to a live person please hang up. The railcar information we are provided by GM is given as a courtesy and if we call live personnel we will lose our data and ability to track
CSX
1. Call the CSX 1-800-235-2352 1-800-235-2352
2. When prompted for location or weight, press "1" on your phone for location.
3. When prompted for the car initials, say ETTX (whatever initials you have) then wait for the next prompt. OR key in 32-81-81-92 (for ETTX)(letter and position on your phone)
4. When prompted for the car number, say 907048 or key in whatever your car number is
5. When prompted for next car say DONE.
6. That's it; enjoy your updated status report.

Union Pacific
1. Call UP at 1 800 877-5123 1 800 877-5123
2. Follow phone prompts for Trace
3. Say the railcar number complete and clearly. Example ETTX123456 all together
4. Listen for your update

These automated systems can be frustrating. Keep in mind they are intended for use by folks that use them daily all day long. Like I said if you are being transferred to a live person please hang up and try again.
Old 05-29-2014, 08:13 PM   #40
Muscle Car Lover

Quote:
OK...here's the BEST instructions; I dug mine out and found the thread it was in.
Mine is on another rail line, but followed same advice with different tel #. Christine is in Buffalo!!! That is the customs stop I believe. She is getting closer!

Old 05-29-2014, 08:22 PM   #41
Camaro_krazee
COTW 5/26/14

Congrats! When did she get on the train[ship date]? How far is Buffalo from North Boston?
YAY!!! Shouldn't be long! Maybe you'll have her by mid week? crossed fingers!!!
Old 05-29-2014, 08:38 PM   #42
Muscle Car Lover

Quote:
Congrats! When did she get on the train[ship date]? How far is Buffalo from North Boston?
YAY!!! Shouldn't be long! Maybe you'll have her by mid week? crossed fingers!!!
Buffalo is customs I believe so who knows. Maybe next week? I have some parts (ZL-1 rock guards, gorilla lugs) that the dealer will install plus however long to get the Xpel put on before I drive her away. No hurry, but glad she is coming home.