Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 07-10-2009, 08:03 AM   #29
Jericho
Come see me.

Drives: Chevrolet Line-up
Send a message via Yahoo to Jericho
Defender Werxes

Paid in full and now in route to my Dealer. Paid for my Defender Werxes parts from Addictive Auto Accessories, the bank account was hit today. That's one project down and on stand by for Phase II. Will know from Lori later next week that she has everything, maybe sooner as there both in the same city.
Vin#30271
Jericho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 01:18 AM   #30
Jericho
Come see me.

13th Jul

My wheels are in production now. Paid:( for them today and can't wait to see the end product. They ran me 1500 for the set, an felt that was actually a good price. Now to find out how much damage the tires will be also. Maybe I can edit that on to this one.
Vin#30271
Old 07-14-2009, 02:55 PM   #31
Jericho
Come see me.

Phase I

To: All Personnel
Subject: Project Eternal Night

Greetings ladies and gentlemen, an welcome to Phase I of Project Eternal Night. We here at the Office of Interior know you citizens will all provide and put forth your best efforts on this project We look forward to working with you all.
Patient 0(which will be identified solely as the patient from now on) has been selected by the Office of Medicine and will arrive shortly by transport to the projects facilities here in Virginia. It must be made clear that there is to be no direct contact with the patient unless authorized in advance through the Office of Interior. We will maintain record on file that the patient has volunteered for this project willingly.

Please read and understand the following secure attachment.

Note: Any unauthorized distribution, reproduction, and trasnsfer (be it electronic or physical) will be procecuted under Civil Order #234,934. 'Treasonous acts while assigned to a secret government project and facility'. Violators will also be subject to Defence Code #6. 'Violators found harming the state and her citizens in any way may be shot on sight if reasonable means of detainment can not be reasonably applied on sight'.

For the State and her Citizens!!!
Attached Images
File Type: pdf Phase I - Eternal Night Project.pdf (179.2 KB, 114 views)
Vin#30271

Last edited by Jericho; 07-19-2009 at 07:34 AM. Reason: Reconstruction of time line
Old 07-17-2009, 09:21 AM   #32
Jericho
Come see me.

17th Jul

Alright guy's and girl's. As if you were all waiting so patiently to hear this latest information.

First I will be updating all entries to reflect more of story line if you will. Something that came to me in a spark of and idea.

Second, the real reason for this entry, my update on what is now to become Phase II. The title will be labled Phase II when it begins, till then most entries will be a mix of the old and new. Maybe.
Vin#30271
Old 07-18-2009, 09:14 AM   #33
Jericho
Come see me.

18th Jul

I have contacted Borla and they seem to be willing to jump onboard for the exhaust system. Now I just have to determine if the system will be installed at the dealer or Defender Werx and ofcourse will Defender Werx perform the work also. That has yet to be agreed upon and as I will have to have the vehicle not only shipped to Defender Werx but find a place to store it as I get the items identified and shipped to the shop as well. This could take a while.
Also, experienceing difficulties getting in touch with my wheel guy over at Dayton Wire Wheel. Another new headach, because the tire guy is ready to order my tires and mount them as well. Must call this time.
Still must find out how the dealer feels about the work being done there also. I wonder if anybody got started this way in tunning and modifying, more than likely no.
Vin#30271
Old 07-19-2009, 10:22 AM   #34
Jericho
Come see me.

19th Jul

First off, I'm now having difficulties with my wheels because I haven't heard from the guy's over at Dayton for a minute and I need them to get in touch with my tire guy so notes can be compared and we can all make sure the right tires will be ordered for the wheels.

But, on the brighter side I talked to Chris over at Borla again and their ready to hook my up with a complete exhaust system minus headers for my V6. He even told me that he can recommend a dealer that does the Jet-Hot treatments. Sweet.

I even checked out Jet-Hots site and further found that they have come a long way since I was in Afghanistan. I can also now get some of my engine internals coated to help with friction and excess heat, that however will be a part of Phase III. This is going to be so cool.

Phase II will be just the Borla exhaust, Custome Borla exhaust tips(if I can get someone to do a quick rework on them), Pedders Camaro Sport Pkg, Pedders Camaro Drop Coil kit, and the Jet Hot treatment for the complete exhaust and get a cost on how much it will be to have a set of headers done. The budget for Phase II is $3300.00 and that will include any shipping and/or transporting, lets see what can be done.

PS - on top of all this I feel that I may need to find a shop that can do the work. Right now it's a toss up between my dealer and hopefully the guy's over at Defender Worxs, but I want to get with my dealer and find out if we can work a deal. And, if I did got with the guy's at Defender Worxs I'd have to set everything up so the car stayed there till the work was done for Phase II, which will not start till the vehicle comes arrives. Which itself will probablly be around mid Sept. now.
Vin#30271
Old 07-22-2009, 03:49 AM   #35
Jericho
Come see me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by haide12 View Post
Nice ride and congrats! This car will officially make you a man or at least a ladies man

LOL, being a 'Ladies Man' sounds great in theory and name. But, after almost 9yrs of marriage and a divorce while I'm working in Iraq with the troops, I'm just glad that I managed to keep it together over here. I have great kids I still see, my health (only slight padding left), my hair, my bills are still getting paid, and I am still able to get the car I want. I'll be driving it for the next 20yrs but I'll live with that.
Vin#30271
Old 07-22-2009, 04:03 AM   #36
BlueMarlin
phi alpha

Drives: 2005 GMC Envoy
Cool car man, you deserve it.

Thank you for your service to this great nation.
Old 07-22-2009, 04:27 AM   #37
Jericho
Come see me.

22nd Jul

To the Director of the Office of Interior:

These latest difficulties we have incountered are not insurmountable and I see no reason for this project to fall behind let alone off track. We are still working on making a balance between patient upgrades and a place to secure the patient between transports, I understand that the budget is tight during these times and will make every effort meet operational and financial obligations.
Outside of that, all the training, products and services have been identified and priced for Phase II to begin.

Vader
Project Engineer
Darqsyde Engineering Corp.
Vin#30271
Old 07-22-2009, 05:02 AM   #38
Jericho
Come see me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueMarlin View Post
Cool car man, you deserve it.

Thank you for your service to this great nation.
Thanks Blu, now I just have to get Phase two ironed out and then make my way home to enjoy it. Where I can be there in person to oversee Phase III, IV, and maybe V stretched out over the next two years.

It's like I'm a sick man.
Vin#30271
Old 07-26-2009, 03:50 AM   #39
Jericho
Come see me.

Jul 24th

Got the hold up straightned out. People taking vacations in the middle of this project. Got the tire and wheel guy's hooked up.

Defender Werx has come on line to do my shop work. This is going to be cool. Pedders is onboard with the suspension and drop. Now working on getting Borla completely onboard.

Jet-hot is on hold till break in now. An working on something for the lights.
Vin#30271
Old 07-27-2009, 01:22 PM   #40
Jericho
Come see me.

27th Jul

Got the Wheels and tires officially ironed out today. Now Pedders is building out my Drop Coil kit and Camaro Street kit.

Defender Worx is now my shop of choice to build out my ride and they have informed me they will receive my car from the dealer when I have it shipped. The rest of all my parts and materials are on there way to Brian now.

The wheels will be picked up at the Dayton Wire Wheel factory in Ohio (they even offered to give me a tour when I get there too, cool) along with my tires (balanced).

Trying to get the people over at Borla to hook me up with the first of thier 2010 Camaro V6 Cat-back X-pipe dual exhaust system.

Now all I have to do is get the Head Lights plan ironed out and complete.
Vin#30271
Old 07-29-2009, 04:58 AM   #41
Jericho
Come see me.

29th Jul

First, correction: Camaro Sport kit from Pedders. Not the Camaro Street kit.

Got a plan for the lights just need to get everything together here in the sandbox. Now that's going to be a challenge.

Now that I've got Phase II underway firmly. I will only do the lights as a special side edition to get them done and share with others. I'm putting the rest of the Phases on hold till I come home and get everything in life straight again. I'm now going through a divorce so that has made things a bit more difficult and also makes me just want to come home and stop doing this stuff out here. I know people say I'm crazy for leaving, but they also said I was crazy for coming out here in the first place. But, the truth is I came out here to pay bills and get the family out of debt. Life sure is a trip.
Vin#30271
Old 07-29-2009, 09:10 AM   #42
EarliestMemory
RED HT RS

Drives: 10 VR 2LT/RS Camaro, 06 Harley
Interesting you should mention Dayton Wire Wheel... Now I know why Gary was interested in my V6 instead of heinzd01's SS. I was at a cruise-in last Friday (7/23) and he approached me to ask if I could bring my car to his place so he could get measurements. I said sure, and gave him my number. Haven't heard from him yet; now that I know you're wanting those wheels, I'll give him a follow up call.

Your car sounds nice! If you're here on Friday night after you get your wheels installed, you should bring your car to our weekly cruise-in to show it off!