Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 09-19-2009, 07:05 PM   #57
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
I'm interested to see where they go with the interior...and I'm ABSOLUTELY THRILLED that this is even being considered. This car needs to appeal to everyone...including "euro-snobs". Think of it...somebody buying one over a BMW 3-coupe...or Audi 4 coupe...it's totally possible, and it has the potential.

EDIT: I wonder if a bunch of GM execs want one, but don't want to give up their Cadillacs. "Please, please, please make it more upmarket, I want one so bad!!!!"
Old 09-19-2009, 07:09 PM   #58
diddiyo

Drives: .
people are making fun of the mustang for having too many "special" editions, this car has only been out for half a year and with this executive edition we already would have two (transformers edition the other one). maybe i'm even missing another one already.
diddiyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 07:24 PM   #59
AZCamaroFan
Camaro6 2016-2018

Drives: sometimes
Hey my parents had a 78' Berlinetta!
Personally, i've always thought Camaro's are beautiful cars. A classy trim package, done the right way, is cool to me. A less plastic grill might be nice, but i really havn't liked the alternative versions i've seen so far.
AZCamaroFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 07:26 PM   #60
AZCamaroFan
Camaro6 2016-2018

Drives: sometimes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger 75 View Post
Gary...GM and the Chevy brand can do great interiors...just look at a LTZ Silverado.
Yeah and the Malibu and new Equinox look pretty good as well. In fact i wish the Camaro's dash was like theirs.
AZCamaroFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 07:58 PM   #61
Revo1
Don't Like it? Suggit.

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Sounds cool, let's see one!

"Tops off, tach up baby- loud and proud!"
A Camaro lover from day one- 1996 3.8 V6 Camaro, to 1996 5.7 LT1 Camaro Z28, to the sold 2002 5.7 LS1 Camaro SS, and NOW, a [I]6.2 L99 VR 2SS/RS: XS Power stainless full exhaust, Airaid CAI, BMR drop springs and sways, custom tune by Cal Speed- 411rwhp
Revo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 08:01 PM   #62
1badSS/RS

Drives: Rally Yellow Transformers pkg
Quote:
Originally Posted by syr74 View Post
Camaro has been outselling Mustang because the Chevy has been gone for seven years and there exists just a bit of pent up demand. That pent up demand will subside and sales will fall, GM's job when this happens is to make certain that they maintain sales sufficient in volume to ensure profitability and that means building a car with a more universal appeal.

Building a car with a more grown up image that possesses a more refined interior and loses items like the mail slot should help broaden the appeal beyond the folks buying them now. If you want the Camaro to stick around then folks who don't think like you do are going to have to want to buy one too.

The easy days of sales that exceed production wont last forever, and by appearances GM knows it. I commend them for having the foresight to at least know that they need to do something.
Right on.
1badSS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 08:06 PM   #63
Tal

Drives: Old
I'm not sure this would be a good idea. Black only, limited production seems likely to correspond with a very limited market appeal. Offering the option of a higher level interior could be a good idea, plenty of cars offer 3 trim levels and some potential buyers at the Camaro's price range will be used to something nicer which could be accomplished for $1-2k. It might be better to simply continue to make improvements to the 2LT/2SS for future model years though and keep the Camaro from possible overlap with the CTS coupe.
Tal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 08:06 PM   #64
PA FAST
Future Camaro Driver.

Drives: 2009 Escape/2007 Ridgeline
More features/options never hurt anyone, if you don't want it don't buy it. I can't wait to see some pictures/option list.
Old 09-19-2009, 08:34 PM   #65
biker2381

Drives: toyota Avalon
I think black only is a mistake. I would not buy a black car, too hot and too hard to keep clean. This special edition will need several color options.
Actually, I think the executive version is the cts or upcoming 2 door cts!
biker2381 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 08:38 PM   #66
Ambitious09

Drives: 07 Cobalt LT/2008 Ram SXT
Any ideas on price and date? I think they might do this late summer of next year let people keep buying and ordering and once the car a year old roll out this package?
Ambitious09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 08:42 PM   #67
MikesZ
Group Provocateur

Drives: Long Distances
Quote:
Originally Posted by biker2381 View Post
I think black only is a mistake. I would not buy a black car, too hot and too hard to keep clean. This special edition will need several color options.
Actually, I think the executive version is the cts or upcoming 2 door cts!
I think of Audi, BMW and Mercedes...they have high-end black cars but also usually in silver as well. I'm not sure the Camaro fits in that crowd, but then I consider the source of the reported statements...Mr. "Fit and Finish" Bob Lutz always pushes for more high end interiors and details...always to the benefit of GM owners. If updgrades for the Camaro resulted in things like the heritage grill, real fog lights, a power passenger seat that doesn't sit on the floor, gill inserts, more wheel options, and a better rear spoiler, well then that is only a good thing.
MikesZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 08:44 PM   #68
ShnOmac

Drives: 2006 Silverado SS, 2009 G8 GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambitious09 View Post
Any ideas on price and date? I think they might do this late summer of next year let people keep buying and ordering and once the car a year old roll out this package?
Nope we would only be guessing as this is all we have heard of it
ShnOmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 08:57 PM   #69
Tran
Administrator

Drives: 2010 Camaro of course....
Quote:
Originally Posted by diddiyo View Post
people are making fun of the mustang for having too many "special" editions, this car has only been out for half a year and with this executive edition we already would have two (transformers edition the other one). maybe i'm even missing another one already.
Honestly, so what if "people" are making fun of too many special editions. As long as they sell and boost sales #'s, who really cares about what the naysayers say.
Old 09-19-2009, 09:07 PM   #70
ShnOmac

Drives: 2006 Silverado SS, 2009 G8 GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tran View Post
Honestly, so what if "people" are making fun of too many special editions. As long as they sell and boost sales #'s, who really cares about what the naysayers say.
ShnOmac is offline   Reply With Quote