Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions > Gaming Lounge

Old 07-28-2010, 08:46 PM   #15
RJT-Maro
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2010 Supercharged RJT SS!
Send a message via AIM to RJT-Maro
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
no you're not, RJTMARO does not exist
I am registered as RJTMaro. But on my profile it says RJTMARO

So idk. Let me try to add you real quick. The update things has like 13 minutes left lol.
Magnuson TVS 2300 Supercharger, ARH 1 7/8 LT Headers with 3" X-Pipe, Borla S-Type Axle-Back, DMH Low Profile Exhaust Cut-Outs, MTI Racing CAI, Stage 2 Camshaft(227/239 .614/.624) with new springs, Katech C5R Z Timing Chain, LS7 Bowtie Damper, MTI Hot Spark Plug Wires, MTI Racing Lowering Springs and Swaybars, Aluminum Oil Catch Can, 160 Degree Thermostat, MTI Tune. 554RWHP 528RWTQ Built By: MTI Racing Dyno Sheet here
RJT-Maro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 11:16 AM   #16
Xanthos
PWA Relapse

Drives: Formerly-Stick
Need For Speed: World

Anybody played it? I was looking into it today. The minimal car list is disappointing but it looks like it could be entertaining and its FTP.
- X

2017 1LT/RS A8 Hyper Blue Metallic

Xanthos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 03:19 AM   #17
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanthos View Post
Anybody played it? I was looking into it today. The minimal car list is disappointing but it looks like it could be entertaining and its FTP.
- X
There is a thread around somewhere about NFS:W but I'm not going to try and find it right now. I have it and play pretty frequently (DGTHE3). They're going to be adding some more stuff in the near future, including more muscle cars and performance customization (at the moment it is just complete packages with no fine tuning availible). They recently added a bunch of tracks and opened up all areas of from Carbon and Most Wanted.

Overall it is pretty fun. The actual driving physics seem to be a lot better their previous 'arcade' racing games, but it clearly isn't a 'driving simulator'. And they still have arcade-type race gimmicks like the ability to get traffic to crash into the leader or repair tires shredded by a spike strip. Like any online role playing game you will lose a lot early on. No getting around that, the cars suck, plain and simple though you can upgrade them fairly quickly. Once you get up into the tier 2 cars, driving skill usually counts more than your car's stats.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 06:46 AM   #18
Sc0rPs

Drives: 2010 2LT / RS - 2013 ZL1
Plus you can check it out free . Hope you like it!
Sc0rPs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 07:50 AM   #19
Scrapppy666

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS M6 Black/Black
I just started playing this Saturday, Scrappy666 Level 10, bucked up the $20 and bought a z06 last night, couldn't resist! Now bring on the 5th gen EA!

Pittsburgh Automotive Photography
Black on Black 2SS/RS w/ white stripes Dynomax 3" Bullet Catback, CAI Cold Air Intake
Scrapppy666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 10:07 AM   #20
Xanthos
PWA Relapse

My driver is named Stice - level 10 as well. I'm still cruising around in the Tier 1 Challenger, but I've been thinking about springing for the Z06 or the Lotus.
- X

Old 11-08-2010, 10:14 AM   #21
Scrapppy666

I started with the Silvia, which surprisingly handles pretty well and was fairly quick. The Vette has very bulky handling. I may have to pick up the lotus too for those tight cornered races.

Black on Black 2SS/RS w/ white stripes Dynomax 3" Bullet Catback, CAI Cold Air Intake
Old 11-08-2010, 03:54 PM   #22
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Quote:
There is a thread around somewhere about NFS:W but I'm not going to try and find it right now.
found it
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......

Camaro Fest sub-forum
Old 11-08-2010, 04:09 PM   #23
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

I recomend against buying a T3 car. A lot of the time, one of 2 things will happen: either A) you scare opponents away because of your fast car or
B) you still can't drive so good drivers will still beat you.

Early on I lost to people in rental/gift T3's (you couldn't outright buy them then) but after a while I tended to beat them more than they'd beat me. And now that I have a good T2 car I hardly ever lose to lvl 10-20 players with a T3 car. lvl 30+ is a whole 'nother story though.

A super fast car isn't going to save you if you can't dodge traffic and keep hitting the walls. Personally, I think the Charger SRT8 is a great car to learn the game with. It is the worst handling car in the entire game. But if you can take a corner with that car, you can take a corner with anything. Plus, you can usually beat everybody else to that first turn making it that much easier to stay in front.

Camaro Fest sub-forum
Old 11-09-2010, 03:16 AM   #24
Xanthos
PWA Relapse

Quote:
I recomend against buying a T3 car. A lot of the time, one of 2 things will happen: either A) you scare opponents away because of your fast car or
B) you still can't drive so good drivers will still beat you.

Early on I lost to people in rental/gift T3's (you couldn't outright buy them then) but after a while I tended to beat them more than they'd beat me. And now that I have a good T2 car I hardly ever lose to lvl 10-20 players with a T3 car. lvl 30+ is a whole 'nother story though.

A super fast car isn't going to save you if you can't dodge traffic and keep hitting the walls. Personally, I think the Charger SRT8 is a great car to learn the game with. It is the worst handling car in the entire game. But if you can take a corner with that car, you can take a corner with anything. Plus, you can usually beat everybody else to that first turn making it that much easier to stay in front.
Haha. I just need another 43,000 bucks to buy one...
- X

Old 11-09-2010, 06:16 AM   #25
Scrapppy666

So far so good with the Vette, just a different sort of handling, great on some of the circuit races that access the highway. You have to brake while straight, turn in and accelerated hard out OR go in hard and get it sideways With the Silvia you could pretty much drive into the turn, brake through the apex and accelerate out without a problem. I'd say 80% of the races I'm in everyone drives into those 90 degree turns like they have a gocart or a deathwish and crash anyhow so (if im not already in the lead) just casually cruse right by.

Old 11-09-2010, 10:09 AM   #26
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Quote:
Haha. I just need another 43,000 bucks to buy one...
- X
For now, you're not missing much. The stock SRT8 isn't much better than upgraded T1 muscle, and isn't as good as the upgraded Nissans. But this will be the only time you're going to be in a cash crunch (well, maybe the T2 upgrade at lvl 15 too but it'll be brief). Oh, don't bother spending level-up points on getting more money, you'll be swimming in cash later on. I'm at lvl 27 and I've spent over 500k on cars and I still have over 600k in credits. I can't spend it on anything else (besides changing the look of my cars) until I hit lvl 30. By then I should have over 1M.

All this talk of pricing reminds me ... why can't they keep somewhat accurate prices in these games? I know that getting the performance right isn't easy because balancing issues sorta complicate that ... but making all cars that are unlocked at the same level cost the same is just lazy. The T1 cars aren't so bad, purchase price and mod pricing seem about right and possibly a little low in some cases. But T2 cars all seem to be high: 60k for a 2005 VW Golf, 400k for an Evo X (and almost another 400k to fully mod)? And some T3 cars are insane. 600k for a Z06 or GTR, and 200k to mod them ... wtf?

Camaro Fest sub-forum
Old 11-09-2010, 01:48 PM   #27
Xanthos
PWA Relapse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrapppy666 View Post
So far so good with the Vette, just a different sort of handling, great on some of the circuit races that access the highway. You have to brake while straight, turn in and accelerated hard out OR go in hard and get it sideways With the Silvia you could pretty much drive into the turn, brake through the apex and accelerate out without a problem. I'd say 80% of the races I'm in everyone drives into those 90 degree turns like they have a gocart or a deathwish and crash anyhow so (if im not already in the lead) just casually cruse right by.
This annoys the crap out of me. I hate when I come into one of those turns with a good line and one of the people behind me plows right into my side on their path towards the wall.

Quote:
For now, you're not missing much. The stock SRT8 isn't much better than upgraded T1 muscle, and isn't as good as the upgraded Nissans. But this will be the only time you're going to be in a cash crunch (well, maybe the T2 upgrade at lvl 15 too but it'll be brief). Oh, don't bother spending level-up points on getting more money, you'll be swimming in cash later on. I'm at lvl 27 and I've spent over 500k on cars and I still have over 600k in credits. I can't spend it on anything else (besides changing the look of my cars) until I hit lvl 30. By then I should have over 1M.

All this talk of pricing reminds me ... why can't they keep somewhat accurate prices in these games? I know that getting the performance right isn't easy because balancing issues sorta complicate that ... but making all cars that are unlocked at the same level cost the same is just lazy. The T1 cars aren't so bad, purchase price and mod pricing seem about right and possibly a little low in some cases. But T2 cars all seem to be high: 60k for a 2005 VW Golf, 400k for an Evo X (and almost another 400k to fully mod)? And some T3 cars are insane. 600k for a Z06 or GTR, and 200k to mod them ... wtf?
Haha. You mean a Z06 isn't 600 grand?

I went ahead and sprung for the Elise last night. I'm enjoying it so far. Not looking forward to having to wait till 25 to upgrade though.
- X

Old 11-09-2010, 02:21 PM   #28
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Quote:
This annoys the crap out of me. I hate when I come into one of those turns with a good line and one of the people behind me plows right into my side on their path towards the wall.
Thats one of the reasons I like cars that will slide out their back end in a corner. You're already set for the straight even if they slam you into the wall. Or ... you slide into the car ahead of you with your car. They get planted in the wall and you've got a perfect line for the next segment. Though I'd never do that intentionally ...

Camaro Fest sub-forum