Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-05-2009, 09:10 PM   #1
NightmareSS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS 92 300zx 2001 Ram
Talking First Time Getting Pulled Over! (by a mustang driving cop)

Ok...so my friend pops up at my house soon as i get home from work and im outside showing my neighbors ex-husband the car...i show the car off blah blah and my friends like yo take me for a ride! im like ok lemme just go change my clothes...so i run in and just throw some shorts on not taking my license with me...so anyway, we drive around the neighborhood a lil bit and wanna showing him the acceleration on this beast so as i come up to a red light thats thats 5 blocks away from my block...light turns green i make the the right and get on the gas, slam it into 2nd and chirp the tires and then into third...prolly hit about 80 on a road with a 30mph speed limit...its kinda of a major street thats very wide but only 1 lane on each side...so i get to my block and bust the right and just roll down the hill in first and just as im making the turn into my driveway i hear woop woop....pull over!

im like **** and im shitting a brick...the cops on the loud speaker telling me to pull to the right...i told him that this was my driveway(which is on the left side of the street) and he goes i dont care, pull to the right side of the road...now im new to the stick and im nervous as hell so as im backing out into the street to pull over on the right side i stalled it out...hes over the loud speaker saying what is wrong with you pull over! so now im even more nervous thinking i got some jerk off cop on my hands...so anyway i pull down the block to the right and he comes over to the car and asks for my license and i explain to him i live right there, just got home from work and my friend came by and i was just going around the block to show him the car...and i then told him i was learning stick cause i was gonna use that as my excuse for chirping the tires...then he ask for my insurance card and im like...i dont have that either...i just got the car and its been in my driveway i have all the stuff in my house...he was like well how am i supposed to know this is your car and its not stolen? you seen the situation your putting me in? i was like yea im sry i was just going around the block blah blah...so he asks who the guy in front of my house was and i said my neighbor and me he'd brb...while he goes to talk to him the girl cop is telling me how she loves the color of it and stuff but assures me its not getting me outta a ticket...then she asked how much it cost me and i was like 40k and she was like wow thats it? thats it? i was like 600 a month thats it...

so heres the best part...the guy cop comes back and is looking over my car as he talks to me and my friend and he asks...do you know why we pulled you over? me and my friend both said at the same time...for chirping the tires? speeding? and hes like...well besides that, i believe neither one of you had your seatbelt on back there...at this point he is looking at the front of the car leant over to the side getting a good look and goes...but ill tell you one thing, (exact words)this is a sick ****ing car! and im gonna give you a break and lemme tell you why...because you remind me of myself when i got my first mustang and i didnt know how to drive the stick either...i would run home from work, jump in the car and drive around my neighborhood practicing too...so i know how your feeling right now but just know that your really lucky because i couldnt wrote you up for a few things...

so i thanked him about 20 times and then we started talking about the car and was telling me how he thinks i should paint my calipers red and how he really likes the dimensions of the camaro and its a bad ass ride...that he's considering turning in his mustang and picking one up...long story short he turned out to be a cool ass cop after all and i told him i couldnt wait to come on camaro5 and tell the you all how a mustang driving cop cut me a break...well theres my story and before people started going on about how i coulda hurt some1 blah blah...it wasnt that serious...i just opened it up a lil bit for a distance of 4 blocks...just wrong time, wrong place...didnt even see where they came from...was just pulling in my driveway and heard the woop woop

thank god it got pulled over in front of my house and my neighbor was there to back up my story...he told the cop basically wut i told him that i just got home and my friend came by and wanted me to take him for a ride...that im learning the stick and after work i take it around the block a few times practicing the stick...that i was like basically doing what anybody would do if they just picked up this new car and tells him not to give me a ticket because i drive a bus for a living and i could lose my job over this and if i dont have a job i prolly wont be able to make that payment...so thank god for him huh?

bottom line is im so grateful right now and consider myself extremely lucky

NYPD
Old 08-05-2009, 09:20 PM   #2
Muscle Master
SS Lightning

Drives: An SRT8
Wow ...

That's why I have a Pa. ID in my wallet and keep my Pa. DL and the rest of the stuff in a neat little folder ... I just hand to the cops

Quote:
The first rule of modding something that's not American is to not try to compete with modded V8 cars that are American. Really, they can run insane power with little investment. It's not even a fair fight.
Camaro 2SS RS, IBM, White Rally Stripes, custom fuel door: Status: going to the dealer: soon
Muscle Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 09:21 PM   #3
Bear

Drives: 2015 Green Flash 2SS M6
I really do love the NYPD. They get lots of shit, but they are the best.
Old 08-05-2009, 09:22 PM   #4
nasty2ss

Drives: 2010 camaro 2ss IOM
Man you are one lucky SOB the cops around here are jerk offs.First week I had my car did the exact thing every night to get use to shifting again,so far no cops. good luck and drive careful
nasty2ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 09:30 PM   #5
Scrapppy666

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS M6 Black/Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muscle Master View Post
Wow ...

That's why I have a Pa. ID in my wallet and keep my Pa. DL and the rest of the stuff in a neat little folder ... I just hand to the cops

thats classic... might have to do this
Scrapppy666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 09:32 PM   #6
ncstatered21

Drives: 2004 Chevy S10 Crew Cab
usually when i see long posts like this i dont read them but for some reason i read this one. and haha this was a funny story.
ncstatered21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 09:32 PM   #7
vdevine

Drives: 2010 Black SS
You should personalize your license plate to read "I'm Like" because it made my head hurt reading all of your "I'm like, he was like" comments throughout your story.

"I'M LIKE done ranting!"
3800 Born: 25 May VIN#12136
6000 Mine 26 June 2009
SLP Loudmouth II, NOWEEDS, BMR 1.4/1.0 Lowering Springs, Cold Air Inductions Intake, Tune, Eagle Eyes w HID, SLP "SS" Grille Insert, Pistol Grip Shifter, Hawk PC Pads, RGB Scanner, Tint, Headlight Armor, Clear Bra, 22's.
vdevine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 09:40 PM   #8
SleepWarz
Banned

Drives: 1991 New Yorker, 69 Tbird, ABM2SSRS
I'm going for PIEYES =p Because I'll have such a stupid grin/look on my face when I'm cruising
SleepWarz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 09:48 PM   #9
2010SLVRBULIT

Drives: G5(LLT) & C6(LS3)
What luck!
2010SLVRBULIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 09:54 PM   #10
gold5000000

Drives: n/a
lucky break, i'm gonna try to get to know a little about every cop in my town before i get mine, maybe i'll get an extra warning then
gold5000000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 10:44 PM   #11
DkknightX
Account Suspended

Drives: 2006 Chevrolet Cobalt SS/SC Stage 2
Not sure why you'd be learning stick on this car. I think that is a bit irresponsible considering I've been driving stick for years and shifting to second makes the car difficult to tame. I hope you know what you are doing for your sake and are prepared to replace a clutch early.
DkknightX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 10:46 PM   #12
Vash

Drives: 00 Blazer
lol "sick ****** car"....

Priceless.
Vash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 10:52 PM   #13
geminidreams

Drives: ABM 2LT / RS
Wow now that would suck... I wonder when they will have Camaro cop cars?
geminidreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 11:18 PM   #14
Muscle Master
SS Lightning

Drives: An SRT8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrapppy666 View Post
thats classic... might have to do this
I thought I wouldn't be the only one to do it, DL on the left, insurance and registration on the right, I nice little portfolio don't have to be digging through the glove saying " **** ... where is it, I'm and deep shit now " and the cop is liKe ...

I just hand to the cops

Quote:
The first rule of modding something that's not American is to not try to compete with modded V8 cars that are American. Really, they can run insane power with little investment. It's not even a fair fight.
Camaro 2SS RS, IBM, White Rally Stripes, custom fuel door: Status: going to the dealer: soon

Last edited by Muscle Master; 08-07-2009 at 01:04 PM.
Muscle Master is offline   Reply With Quote