Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 09-19-2009, 01:27 PM   #113
Rummel Autosport

Drives: 92 Skyline GTR, 89 240SX
This is just a crappy situation. I have called the cops on a drunk person before. I am not speculating, I know the guy was drunk, for one thing I saw him drive out of the parking lot of a bar, and when he got pulled over I watched him fail the sobriety test and heard the cop say over the radio that the suspect looks visually intoxicated, and failed the field test. I had to leave when they were going to give him the breathalizer cause the guy started to get pissed and they asked me to leave. Anyway, the point is this is something that can be useful but can also easily be abused. If there are other cars around don't do things that draw attention to yourself.

If you choose to fight the ticket don't blame others, appologize, and tell the judge you are sorry for doing the U-turn, and now that you realize what was going on there are a lot of better ways to handle it, but you were a bit scared and had never been in that situation before. You were not trying to be a danger to anyone, you were just trying to get yourself out of what seemed to be a dangerous situation. The judge might realize that this is just a case of a good person being caught in a bad situation and not acting in the best way and let you off, or give you something less serious.

Just my .02
Rummel Autosport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 03:35 PM   #114
tommygun6644

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS & 2006 Cobalt LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDDAN View Post
You can't win an argument with a cop on the side of the highway. The way that you re-act to the cop has a lot to do with the outcome of the stop. I once asked a cop how I could keep him from ticketing me and he told me three things,
1. Don't treat me like I'm stupid. (Why did you pull me over ossifer?) When you know that you were 25 mph over the limit.
2. Don't call me a liar. ("You were speeding". No, I wasn't ossifer.)
3. Don't disrespect me.( Do you know who I am? MY uncle will have your job for this.)
As far as the profiling goes, I know that when a cop sees my 2010 SS he will profile me. Of course he will. Wouldn't you? Do we buy the 6.2 liter V-8 to go slowly? You did a Bootlegger turn and you wonder why they stopped you? Some A-hole called the law on you and if they ignored the call and you were indeed drunk and killed someone, they would be in a world of trouble. I am not a cop. I am not defending the cops that stopped you. When I get pulled over, I do not speak unless spoken to. I do not deny what the cop accuses me of and I use the manners that I was taught as a child. I call the cop sir even though they are usually half my age and I have gotten all warnings and no citations since I was told those three things. Even when I was caught dead to right going 130 mph on a 1000 cc Ninja.

Just thought I'd say, in respect to #1-2 that when a cop asks you while they pulled you over, they are setting you up to incriminate yourself. You're better off saying "Nope" than "I was speeding". Your probably gonna get a ticket anyways, though.

Plus all my cop buddies say only amateurs ask that question. They just say "I pulled you over for speeding", logic being the person they just pulled over could be wanted for a serious crime and might get violent if they think they are about to get busted for it, as opposed to a BS speeding ticket.

Just my 2 cents.
tommygun6644 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 12:49 AM   #115
gmag21
gmag21

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS/RS
Send a message via AIM to gmag21 Send a message via Skype™ to gmag21
I showed up to court and I didnt know you had to wear jeans LOL. I didn't want to reschedule a court date so I just paid the $100

L99 | Billyboat Exhaust, American Racing Headers, Pfadt Springs and Sways, Tune | 350 whp / 371 tq
gmag21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 12:55 AM   #116
gmag21
gmag21

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS/RS
Send a message via AIM to gmag21 Send a message via Skype™ to gmag21
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlingShot View Post
Want to feel bad now..... My 15 year old, 9th grade honor student was reading your post over my shoulder and said she wanted to play and answer it..... She loves numbers and patterns ......

Here's one for you...... If it's zero degrees out today, twice as cold tomorrow.... How cold will it be ?
It is -32 Degrees Fahrenheit

Or

It is 17.78 Degrees Celcius

Is that right? Cause you didnt specify if it was zero degrees F or C on the first day

Grant

L99 | Billyboat Exhaust, American Racing Headers, Pfadt Springs and Sways, Tune | 350 whp / 371 tq
gmag21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 02:12 AM   #117
Matrix

Drives: '10 Camaro 2SS/RS & Magnum R/T
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ91 View Post
Hate people who do this. Same thing happened to my brother and they put eradic driver. BS that people can call and do this. Anyone can lie and have a bunch of friends call in the same plate. BS
I hate do gooder aholes like this too. You have a nice car, I dont, Im calling ANYTHING wrong you do!! Go hug a tree!!
Old 05-21-2010, 03:52 AM   #118
Revo1
Don't Like it? Suggit.

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Nice.... That's an FML scenario if I've ever seen one

"Tops off, tach up baby- loud and proud!"
A Camaro lover from day one- 1996 3.8 V6 Camaro, to 1996 5.7 LT1 Camaro Z28, to the sold 2002 5.7 LS1 Camaro SS, and NOW, a [I]6.2 L99 VR 2SS/RS: XS Power stainless full exhaust, Airaid CAI, BMR drop springs and sways, custom tune by Cal Speed- 411rwhp
Revo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 05:04 AM   #119
LostInMoscow
Exiled Speed Junkie

Drives: None
This is ironic as can be! In 1994, when I bought my first Z28, some dude was tailgating me in the same manner. I was actually going home from the dealership and being extremely careful. The car was that new. I ended up on the highway and the MFr got about 6 inches from my bumper and turned on his highbeams. I got in the passing lane and quickly pulled in front of another car so that there was no room for him to squeeze in. Well it sort of freaked out the other driver, so he slowed down to get off my bumper, and the SOB pulled right back in there. Well, I decided that it was about time to see if the Z28 really did 140 MPH, since the other car was probably going to top out at about 110. I ran top speed for about 10 minutes and lost the idiot.

About a 1/2 hour later in another county, I got stopped at a red light, ironically right in front of a hospital. About 10 cars back, some guy gets out of the car and walks to my door. He starts rambling on about how I did all this BS to him in the other city. I stopped and said, "Buddy, you got 2 choices. You can either get back in your car or end up in that hospital. I was about 275 and a champion bodybuilder at the time. He stood there for a minute, so I got out of the car. Then he started backpeddling. The light then turned green and I got back in the car and drove away.

To this day, I have no idea why that idiot pulled all that crap. I was in the mindset to kick his *ss just for principle, but seeing as how every driver on the road was watching this confrontation, I reigned in my emotions somewhat. Why in the world people act like that, I have no idea? It would have been different if I had actually done something inconsiderate......anything. But in this case, I was 100% innocent. WTF?
Old 05-21-2010, 05:31 AM   #120
Blade

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS BVM
Send a message via AIM to Blade
Like PQ said, if you feel afraid for your safety, get on the horn and talk to the cops. Chances are you will get leniancy because you just proved you were lucid enough to be scared and call the cops. I have pulled in to a police station before, something similar to this and walked inside and explained myself. Lo and behold, one the cops called in saying he had a description of my car driving erratically. The desk on duty said, "well the boy is in front of me right now, little scared of the guy following him, but he sure as hell isn't drunk".........LMFAO. I was 19 at the time.

2012 2SS/RS Build Thread - Totaled by red light runner

2010 LT/RS Build Thread - Traded in for 2012 2SS

2007 Acura TSX

1992 Oldsmobile Achieva V6

1992 Mercury Sable
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 06:09 AM   #121
blaSSt

Drives: 98 SS, 15 COPO, 09 ZR1
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlingShot View Post
Want to feel bad now..... My 15 year old, 9th grade honor student was reading your post over my shoulder and said she wanted to play and answer it..... She loves numbers and patterns ......

Here's one for you...... If it's zero degrees out today, twice as cold tomorrow.... How cold will it be ?
There is no such thing as twice as cold. There is only heat. Absolute zero is the absence of heat, anything above that is only more heat.
Old 05-21-2010, 06:43 AM   #122
StuntmanMike

Drives: Impressive. Scary tends to impress.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade View Post
Like PQ said, if you feel afraid for your safety, get on the horn and talk to the cops. Chances are you will get leniancy because you just proved you were lucid enough to be scared and call the cops. I have pulled in to a police station before, something similar to this and walked inside and explained myself. Lo and behold, one the cops called in saying he had a description of my car driving erratically. The desk on duty said, "well the boy is in front of me right now, little scared of the guy following him, but he sure as hell isn't drunk".........LMFAO. I was 19 at the time.
I once had some jackhole driving like an insane person on an on-ramp, nearly hitting me and another car. I gave him one little "beep" of my horn and he tailed me for 15-20 miles honking, flashing his brights and then his turn signal as though wanting me to pull over.

I called the cops (the one time in my life I did absolutely nothing back to the other guy ie gestures, etc) and they transferred me to three different departments because (surprise surprise) as I was driving down the freeway, I kept leaving their jurisdiction. By the time I got transferred to an actual cop, the guy got bored and left.

Next time, I'll simply play dumb and pull over. Then, if I'm made to "fear for my life" we'll have us a clear-cut case of self-defense.
StuntmanMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 07:39 AM   #123
Globemaster

Drives: 2010 2SS Bumble Bee
Quote:
Originally Posted by blaSSt View Post
There is no such thing as twice as cold. There is only heat. Absolute zero is the absence of heat, anything above that is only more heat.
If the temperature today is zero degrees and tommorrow the temperature is going to be twice as cold how cold will it be?

That would depend on what temperature scale you are using. The scale which places zero degrees at the absolutely coldest point is called the Kelvin scale. It has the same degree divisions as Celsius does. "Absolute zero," or zero kelvins, is the coldest temperature possible.

So, if you are measuring in kelvins, twice as cold is not possible.(0/2=0) However, if you are using the Celsius scale, zero degrees is actually 273.15 degrees above absolute zero. So, twice as cold would be -136.575 degrees Celsius. Similarly, absolute zero in Fahrenheit is -459.67. Thus, from zero degrees F, twice as cold would be -229.835 degrees F.

Globemaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 08:54 AM   #124
Deemos

Drives: 2010 CGM M6 LS
I did think it was interesting that some said that if you really feared for your life and all that you would/should call the police. I do know for a fact though, there are places where LEOs have a very strong negative reputation in the general area and people born and raised in these areas generally don't even think of calling the police. In fact they are raised from a very young age that calling the police can potentially be worse than anything else. Usually people from high crime areas with friends/family who have criminal history/records. They kind of take care of things with a more "neighborhood/family" mindset. I've had quite a few acquaintances in the past who weren't from the best of neighborhoods that said they would never call the cops because of negative misconceptions about LEOs in general. Not saying the OP was a hood rat or anything but there are quite a few different groups of people here and there that are raised/training their own kids that LEOs are bad and it's easier to just shoot/solve your own problems than involving police.

In case you're wondering, I'm NOT one of those crazy fringe people that believe LEOs are bad. I have many friends who are LEOs in the military and on the outside.
Deemos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 12:55 PM   #125
blaSSt

Drives: 98 SS, 15 COPO, 09 ZR1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Globemaster View Post
If the temperature today is zero degrees and tommorrow the temperature is going to be twice as cold how cold will it be?

That would depend on what temperature scale you are using. The scale which places zero degrees at the absolutely coldest point is called the Kelvin scale. It has the same degree divisions as Celsius does. "Absolute zero," or zero kelvins, is the coldest temperature possible.

So, if you are measuring in kelvins, twice as cold is not possible.(0/2=0) However, if you are using the Celsius scale, zero degrees is actually 273.15 degrees above absolute zero. So, twice as cold would be -136.575 degrees Celsius. Similarly, absolute zero in Fahrenheit is -459.67. Thus, from zero degrees F, twice as cold would be -229.835 degrees F.

What scale is used does not matter.

Thermodynamically speaking 0 degrees Kelvin defines the absensce of heat. There is no such thing as cold in thermo. Therefore 'twice as cold' is meaningless.
blaSSt is offline   Reply With Quote