Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 11-12-2010, 04:27 PM   #57
midnighter
Account Suspended

Drives: nothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monte Mac View Post
Is it just me or is that spoiler wider? It looks like it goes at the way to the edges of the quarter panels as apposed to the decklid like the current models. I like that
I believe you're right, it looks wider.
midnighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 07:16 PM   #58
superman

Drives: 2011 Camaro 1SS
And I thought the camaro couldn't get heavier.

Looks sexy though.
superman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 07:52 PM   #59
BlackenedSS

Drives: 2010 2SS Black on Black Camaro
If you don't like the car then its not meant for you. Yes I prefer my 2SS/RS hard top over this, but like I said its not meant for me. Mark my words 90% of these will be V6's. Chucks will love this car(and that's fine)!
BlackenedSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 11:23 PM   #60
whiteknight012

Drives: 2011 CAMARO RS (1LT) CGM/BLK
It looks good just because it's a Camaro. I've always been a hard-top fan, personally.
whiteknight012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 01:50 AM   #61
sithcamaro

Drives: 1997 Z28
Yeah, I'm just not feeling the whole rag top. It doesn't look horrible with the top down, but still not anywhere near as beautiful as a hardtop. Kinda sucks that's how this style is, not even T tops would look good.
sithcamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 08:22 AM   #62
Nostromo

Drives: '11 DTS, '11 Yuk' Denali
Quote:
Originally Posted by footbalosu52 View Post
im am not going to lie at all but that is ugly and disgrace to camaros
Any convertible ruins the sweet lines of any car, especially the Camaro and Corvette. Top up; the car looks like a spinster caught in a sudden downpour with a casually arranged sack upon the 'head'. Top down; they seem to have something missing making your dome the bulls-eye for strategically-placed bird-launched refuse; i.e.; guano, for the uninitiated.

My considered opinion.
Nostromo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 09:44 AM   #63
JerseyMonte

Drives: 1972 Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkLS2 View Post
I don't like the look of the windshield header I remember seeing one with a chrome frame around the windshield , this one looks too much like a conversion
JerseyMonte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 10:55 AM   #64
hotrodhoodrat
hotrodhoodratz

Drives: 68' & 70' Pontiac's /2004 D. Dakota
What's up with the hating ?; Mid life crises & Young, V6 & V8, M6 & A6, vert's & coupe's, Man's & Girl's, newbie members & veteran members. Wow, the list could go on & on......,:( but really, I just don't understand... " IT IS A CAMARO !, we all em in one way or another !"

The all new Convertible !, Welcome to the Fleet !
hotrodhoodrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 12:00 PM   #65
pony

Drives: 2011 2SS Convert; Color RJT
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrodhoodrat View Post
What's up with the hating ?; Mid life crises & Young, V6 & V8, M6 & A6, vert's & coupe's, Man's & Girl's, newbie members & veteran members. Wow, the list could go on & on......,:( but really, I just don't understand... " IT IS A CAMARO !, we all em in one way or another !"

Everyone keeps giving their "honest opinions"; but maybe some of it is jealousy and/or fustrating they couldn't wait for one.

In a previous poll I had posted, almost 25% of pollers were definitly buying or considering buying.

It's really disheartening to those of us who have shared in the happiness and excitment of the coupe owners, to constantly get beaten down about the looks of this or that, or it should've been a hardtop, or it's a disgrace. It really is starting to take the fun and excitment out of my upcoming purchase by all the danny and debby downers out there

Go over to the Z28 thread for a while and pick on the price, looks, engine type or whatever and give us guys a break for a while.
pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 12:11 PM   #66
Tiberious
Old '71 Owner

Drives: 11 Camaro Vert;97 Malibu;03 Venture
Good call guys, to each his (or her) own. Not every opinion NEEDS to be expressed. If your new co-worker is ugly, fat, ginger, bespecaled, or whatever....do you feel compelled to give your opinion on them? I sure hope not.

Tib - Soon to be 'vert owner.
Tiberious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 12:49 PM   #67
tpr676

Drives: none
[QUOTE=hotrodhoodrat;2543059]What's up with the hating ?; Mid life crises & Young, V6 & V8, M6 & A6, vert's & coupe's, Man's & Girl's, newbie members & veteran members. Wow, the list could go on & on......,:( but really, I just don't understand... " IT IS A CAMARO !, we all em in one way or another !"

The all new Convertible !, Welcome to the Fleet ! [/QUO
One would think, I am having a mid life crises among many other problems I'm not in the market because of it's looks, at least the top. I for one just want to enjoy life with my wife with the top down.....
tpr676 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 03:05 PM   #68
Nostromo

Drives: '11 DTS, '11 Yuk' Denali
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrodhoodrat View Post
What's up with the hating...
Your threshold standard for "hating" is fairly low. What up w/that?

l o l
Nostromo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 07:35 AM   #69
hotrodhoodrat
hotrodhoodratz

Drives: 68' & 70' Pontiac's /2004 D. Dakota
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostromo View Post
Your threshold standard for "hating" is fairly low. What up w/that?

l o l
He he.., um ha !

hotrodhoodrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 06:42 PM   #70
Z28RockStar

Drives: 2SS/RS CGM 6M, 2007 Harley Deluxe
I like the vert OK it is a Camaro after all! I am just not a ragtop guy, verts and vettes are 'bout the same to me, chick cars or plastic surgeons or like goldchainer golfer types, not that any of that's bad, its fine. I am really happy about the vert and I'd ride around in one, just not buying it. However I did use it as a barganing chip towards a color I really like the wifes not so hot on, orange lol. If the coupe Z28 doesn't get some new awesome colors I may go for the orange By the way happy for all who love the vert and are getting one! GRATS! Hey my Dad's none of the stereotypes I kind of think of when I see a vert or a vette, but he LOVES convertables!