Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Sponsors Classifieds Marketplace > V6 Bolt-Ons & Tunes

View our official forum sponsors list.

Old 12-14-2009, 02:08 PM   #43
brAnd7onX

Drives: 2012 1SS IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanthos View Post
Well, titanium is a type of ceramic also.

There's stainless, which is just normal stainless steel. Looks nice, but doesn't have the heat resistant properties of the ceramic.

The ceramic coatings keep underhood temps down. As far as I know, the only difference between silver ceramic and titanium ceramic is color (but I could be wrong on that).
- X
Thanks. I guess ceramic is the way too go then.
brAnd7onX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 09:04 AM   #44
PieNsky

Drives: Victory Red 1LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanthos View Post
Well, titanium is a type of ceramic also.

There's stainless, which is just normal stainless steel. Looks nice, but doesn't have the heat resistant properties of the ceramic.

The ceramic coatings keep underhood temps down. As far as I know, the only difference between silver ceramic and titanium ceramic is color (but I could be wrong on that).
- X
Just to make sure that you didn't confuse anyone with you statements. I use ceramic for lab work due to its ability to be used with acids,bases,salts, etc. . It is brittle and non metallic. Titanium is a metal which can be added to ceramics as lead is added to glass to make crystal.

Stainless steel is iron with the addition of nickel, chromium etc. to form an alloy with enhanced desirable properties over those of steel. There are different alloys of stainless, 409 may rust and 304 does not. These are the two most used in exhaust applications.
PieNsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 01:04 PM   #45
bmwdon
I refuse to go smurfy

Drives: 2009 Challenger SRT8, 2010 Camaro
So the $300 is to get into the pre-order pricing right? Anybody heard rumor of a final product price? I'm guessing around the stainless works lt headers competitively?

-Bill...the Camaro was my wifes, now she's got a minivan
Challenger- 2009 Dodge Challenger SRT8 Procharger D1 Supercharger: 10.895 @ 126.720 MPH
bmwdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 02:45 PM   #46
Beauwulf

Drives: '10 LT RS A6 & '04 Acura RSX Type S
Update for the long tube BBK headers. BBK decided to go into production on their V8 header before they do anything else with the V6 product. V8 prices for the mild steal version with hiflo cats is set at $750 with the 304 SS version selling at around $1000. My best guess is $850-900 for the V6 version in 304. Problem is, we won't see them until "sometime in the first quarter"!

After all the hype for the performance gains from the V6 system, it is very disappointing to hear that they are jumping into the V8 (already saturated) market first and leaving us "little guys" wanting. Personally, I think that's a pretty poor way to run a business.....
Old 12-15-2009, 03:18 PM   #47
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Drives: 12 Second Brick
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beauwulf View Post
Update for the long tube BBK headers. BBK decided to go into production on their V8 header before they do anything else with the V6 product. V8 prices for the mild steal version with hiflo cats is set at $750 with the 304 SS version selling at around $1000. My best guess is $850-900 for the V6 version in 304. Problem is, we won't see them until "sometime in the first quarter"!

After all the hype for the performance gains from the V6 system, it is very disappointing to hear that they are jumping into the V8 (already saturated) market first and leaving us "little guys" wanting. Personally, I think that's a pretty poor way to run a business.....
got to remember... right now there are actually a lot more V8 out there... and V6 owners that mod are the minority of V6 owners... so we are actually a pretty small piece of the modding pie...
scrming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 03:30 PM   #48
Beauwulf

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrming View Post
got to remember... right now there are actually a lot more V8 out there... and V6 owners that mod are the minority of V6 owners... so we are actually a pretty small piece of the modding pie...

Then it should not have hurt anything to do a limited run and get some out there for future business. Historically, the "pony version" has outsold the performance models after the initial pre-order run is satisified. The pre-orders for this car have been predominately V8 but the V6 production will eventually surpass the V8s.... That's when you want a proven product in the market. Trying to jump into an already saturated market segment (this late in the game) is, in my view, not a sound business practice. But then again, what do I know......
Old 12-15-2009, 04:45 PM   #49
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Drives: 12 Second Brick
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beauwulf View Post
Then it should not have hurt anything to do a limited run and get some out there for future business. Historically, the "pony version" has outsold the performance models after the initial pre-order run is satisified. The pre-orders for this car have been predominately V8 but the V6 production will eventually surpass the V8s.... That's when you want a proven product in the market. Trying to jump into an already saturated market segment (this late in the game) is, in my view, not a sound business practice. But then again, what do I know......
But they probably have very limited resources... so most likely they are going to put that where they are going to sell the most products... and while they V8 market maybe saturated they will probably sell more V8 LTs than V6 LTs...
scrming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 05:00 PM   #50
Beauwulf

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrming View Post
But they probably have very limited resources... so most likely they are going to put that where they are going to sell the most products... and while they V8 market maybe saturated they will probably sell more V8 LTs than V6 LTs...
Well, I have until April to decide on headers so, it can wait I quess.... I was just getting excited at the prospect of doing the tune for them at the same time with the Trifecta setup. I hate to duplicate work but I quess the tune should be done for CAI/axlebacks and then another for LTs anyway....
Old 12-15-2009, 05:04 PM   #51
Beauwulf

Something else for them to consider is that interest/sales of either system won't take off until there are verified gains independently verified by customers.....
Old 12-15-2009, 05:17 PM   #52
bmwdon
I refuse to go smurfy

Drives: 2009 Challenger SRT8, 2010 Camaro
so the projected jan 2010 availability needs to be updated on their website then? I'd love to do the headers back exhaust and a cai all on the same days work....then a diablo tuner and I think I'm done with the engine mods for the wifes maro' yeah right

-Bill...the Camaro was my wifes, now she's got a minivan
Challenger- 2009 Dodge Challenger SRT8 Procharger D1 Supercharger: 10.895 @ 126.720 MPH
bmwdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 03:08 PM   #53
Jericho
Come see me.

Drives: Chevrolet Line-up
Send a message via Yahoo to Jericho
This tune sounds awesome, can't wait to come home.
Vin#30271
Jericho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 01:34 PM   #54
bluedevil02

Drives: 2LT/RS
can't wait till these badboys get released....
bluedevil02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 03:45 PM   #55
Sean@Phastek

Drives: 2010 Camaro X5 Turbo
Just wanted to let everyone know we are still taking pre-orders for these!

Click for the latest info on the BBK V6 headers...
Sean@Phastek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 04:56 PM   #56
Beauwulf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean@Phastek View Post
Just wanted to let everyone know we are still taking pre-orders for these!

Click for the latest info on the BBK V6 headers...
Just a heads up Sean... your website lists the RWHP with the LTs as 288 which is 255 stock + 33 HP for the LTs... that's not the correct total. The 33 HP was made at 5400 RPM. The LTs made +18 on top so the total should read 273... not 288.

Tags
bbk v6 headers