Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 01-25-2013, 07:08 AM   #15
Blues45th

Drives: 45th anniversary edition v6 3.6L
And you guys are giving my opinions on other opinions. My brothers car sounded good to his sister. I have heard that this sounded like this. None is saying I have the slp2 and I have the mrt v2. Or I have heard first hand. All I see is this is a better seller or this is more popular. Justin bieber or whoever is more popular but I don't like or want a cd from the kid lol. Lmao cracked me up with that one. What I am saying is do you like to spend half a grand on hat someone has said or what you know. The clips don to any justice. And the drivers in the clips sometimes make it sound worse. Just wanted to see if the real guys and gals in the forum could come out from the background and help a fellow camaro owner out. Sorry you take offense to me stating my opinion. Your close in florida. Love to hear it first hand. When I go to shows I will say never seen one step up with there mrt ,v2. Or I would know first hand.
Blues45th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 07:13 AM   #16
GretchenGotGrowl

Drives: 11 F150 EB/13 Sonic RS/15 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blues45th View Post
And you guys are giving my opinions on other opinions. My brothers car sounded good to his sister. I have heard that this sounded like this. None is saying I have the slp2 and I have the mrt v2. Or I have heard first hand. All I see is this is a better seller or this is more popular. Justin bieber or whoever is more popular but I don't like or want a cd from the kid lol. Lmao cracked me up with that one. What I am saying is do you like to spend half a grand on hat someone has said or what you know. The clips don to any justice. And the drivers in the clips sometimes make it sound worse. Just wanted to see if the real guys and gals in the forum could come out from the background and help a fellow camaro owner out. Sorry you take offense to me stating my opinion. Your close in florida. Love to hear it first hand. When I go to shows I will say never seen one step up with there mrt ,v2. Or I would know first hand.
I HAD BOTH ON MY LLT. THE SLP LOOKED BETTER. THE MRT SOUNDED BETTER. THAT IS MY OPINION BASED ON MY OWN EXPERIENCE.

Does that make it any clearer?
Old 01-25-2013, 07:43 AM   #17
Blues45th

That you yelled it and took it all like I'm just talking to you. Sure lol. What about a x pipe. They different. I mean one from the other.
Old 01-25-2013, 07:52 AM   #18
GretchenGotGrowl

Drives: 11 F150 EB/13 Sonic RS/15 Z06
Quote:
That you yelled it and took it all like I'm just talking to you. Sure lol. What about a x pipe. They different. I mean one from the other.

I'm just trying to point out that with two threads going on about the same thing, why not let one die. It will be less confusing if we have just one thread going on this topic. Also, you may not have meant to, but you seemed to imply we (me and some of my friends on here) weren't being honest. Yeah, I took that personally. We are trying to give you our opinion. I appologize if I was a bit snippy about that part.
Old 01-25-2013, 08:01 AM   #19
menendez1293
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS M6
Quote:
So I can't comment on how the sponsors have jacked the price up on. A product they been all over the forum pushing and adding there biased opinion in. Lol yeah I said it. But it was posted 5 months ago look at the price for the mrt v2. Lol. Do you still run the slp loud mouth 2. Honest sound. Ricey or raspy. Have a deep tone or growl. So hard to get honest opinions. That's all my point was. Just had a sponsor email me a price for something 3times the cost of what I found local. Why. Supply and demand. He usually hydro coats fire arms and other items. Said engine parts easy. So it's all where your at and who wants it. Thanks for responding. I do appreciate it. Just don't wanna spend money to have something that sounds horrible then my wife asking why I even got it lol
Well actually the sponers/vendors did not raise the price on the MRT systems. The MRT is sold at a suggested retail price that is set by the manufacture. MRT was the one that raised the price and the vendors have to follow in order to carry the product. Now if the vendor has some type of incentive to bring you to buy with them that is a different story but I was told that all vendors had to price the MRT at the manufacture suggested retail price. I asked several vendors when I purchased mine and they all gave me the same answer. Several companies do this for example defenderworx has their products priced the same through every vendor and a non car related example look at apple.

Again I am not try to argue with you just trying to show another side to the story.
menendez1293 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 08:42 AM   #20
Blues45th

No I agree. I misspoke about vendor controlling prices I'm saying mrt with supply and demand has raised it. Appreciate the help. I'm going its the mrt v2 and gonna wait and if need be replace the h pipe witha x but guys I know say try the exhaust for 1000 miles to break it in first.
Old 01-25-2013, 09:06 AM   #21
Blues45th

Ok. Any slightly used mrt v2 for sale. Pm me please. The decision has been made
Old 01-25-2013, 12:01 PM   #22
spyder

Drives: 2010 V6 | M6
I got my MRTv2 installed approximately 2 1/2 weeks ago & I drive my car about 20 to 30 miles daily. Each day the sound gets better! I didn't buy it because a vendor talked me into it. I bought it based on the research I did on many camaro forums (including this one).
Extra Tip: Don't rely on the clamps because after hitting some bumps and sharp turns the exhaust will slide and begin to touch the diffuser. So, I went back to the shop and had them re-adjust the exhaust and put small tacks around the clamps so it doesn't slide.
spyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 12:13 PM   #23
Blues45th

Thanks spyder. Wait to hear price from apex and few others. Appreciate it from all of you
Old 01-25-2013, 01:21 PM   #24
menendez1293
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS M6
Quote:
Thanks spyder. Wait to hear price from apex and few others. Appreciate it from all of you
I purchased mine from apex. They matched a price I found at the time and they had it to my door very quickly. It actually got to my house A day earlier than anticipated. I have also heared some good things about juceid but I have not had a personal experience with them.
menendez1293 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mrt