Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 07-07-2013, 08:52 PM   #15
5.3Avalanche

Drives: '08 Silverado, '99 T/A WS6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jims Mongoose View Post
Did you see that test drive on the 1LE, not sure what the show was on TV but, wow. They plugged the Boss Mustang more than the 1LE. Don't get me wrong they had some nice things to say about our car, but things like it still feels like a 'Camaro', the mustang is more nimble. Well someone should tell him that the 1LE beats just about everyone around the track, including the 'Boss'. Also 'Interior' materials a little cheap, what does he expect, 'Ferrari' leather?

Really the Camaro interior kills both the Mustang and the Challenger for looks and quality of materials, fit and finish etc.

Did anyone else see this test?

Please comment.

Jim
Yup. I watched that Motorweek episode yesterday on TV.

I was not impressed either with the review. There was so much banter about the boss that was unwarranted. I didn't like references to it handling like "a Camaro" either. WTF does that even mean? Did they even drive the car?! The 1LE is such a good handling and well balanced car so I'm not sure what he meant. Did he mean it's heavy, or something else?

And the reference to "less than stellar materials" bugs me. The Camaro uses the same materials that any other automotive manufacturer uses so I don't understand these kinds of comments. The interior is handsome, durable and well laid out IMHO.

I can't wait to get mine so I don't have to keep watching these damn reviews, just so I can live vicariously through other lucky 1LE drivers!
Old 07-07-2013, 10:05 PM   #16
Cooley

Drives: 2013 2SS 1LE
My wife and I enjoy driving the car. Only opinion that matters to me.
Old 07-07-2013, 10:06 PM   #17
Mgizzle

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1LE 1SS
I dont get the interior comments, I have been in many new stangs, boss 302s as well, interior is garbage, no design toit, looks like a normal car interior. The gauges dont look right at all either. Yes, recaros look cool and colored DIC is nice but camaro is getting it in 14 too, no?

Anyhow, keeping telling the ford guys how the guy who designed the camaro is the head designer at bentley now, should tell everything you need to know. This design is Iconic, interior included.
Old 07-07-2013, 11:14 PM   #18
Jims Mongoose
Jim

Drives: 2013 Black 2SS 1LE
Trash MotorWeek

I don't have any animosity toward the Mustang crowd. They like theirs, we like ours.

I am getting pissed with the constant trashing of GM products. Ever since the bail out. It doesn't matter what side of the fence anyone is on with that subject. It's over, done and there are real, live, breathing people at GM that want to build great cars. From the engineers to the testers to the builders of these cars.

So I am pissed at MotorWeek with the unneccessary constant references to the 'Boss' that were both inaccurate and misinformed.

What the hell is this less than stellar interior. Maybe he hasn't gotten over the $400,000 Aventador yet. Give me a break. The camaro happens to have a well designed and appointed interior for its price point. If they had half a brain at MotorWeek they would realize it's a performance car first, but still is a better interior than both it's competitors.

Maybe they should look at Camaros trashing many foreign cars and Mustangs at the tracks.

Last, the review was shallow and merely repeated whatever was written on GM's announcement sheet. Very poor.

Jim

Sorry to go off.
Jims Mongoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 11:42 PM   #19
Bauer2

Drives: 2013 2SS/1LE and 2009 R1
Impartial reviews are few and far between unfortunately.

Sent from the future!!
Bauer2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 05:28 PM   #20
Jims Mongoose
Jim

Drives: 2013 Black 2SS 1LE
Terrible review

It wasn't just the lack of impartiality, it was the lack of a solid in depth review.

Stupid comments that were just plain wrong.

You are reviewing a track car and you say nothing about the track capabilities.

Jim
Jims Mongoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 07:24 PM   #21
Bauer2

Drives: 2013 2SS/1LE and 2009 R1
Very true I guess it's also very hard to find a competent reviewer as well.

Sent from the future!!
Bauer2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 08:25 PM   #22
jcar01

Drives: VW GTI
Anyone have photos or specs on the 2014 1LE SS package?
jcar01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 09:42 PM   #23
markgws6

Drives: 2019 Chevy Equinox Premier AWD
I thought the Motor"Trend" review was much more accurate even though they did not compare the 1LE against a Boss Mustang. I will say at least they mentioned the correct part upgrades but they left out a few on suspension and yeah the interior is not as bad as they make it out to be compared to a Mustang. Also Motorweek is for people who want to shop and compare for a nice daily car or minivan. I'll leave it at that. lol