Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 01-02-2013, 01:18 AM   #1261
tramtwo

Drives: 2021 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalRedTintcoat View Post
How many hours a night do you sleep?

Well, I want to stay dirty and not wait for the weekend so I told my boss I need a vacation day and plan to do the grill and Halo lights tomorrow. Wish me luck.

Then I'm going to change the oil at 500 miles (ridiculous?) and go DRIVE the dang thing since it's nice here finally.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I nap mainly.

The main thing is to go slow... once frustration sets in you're sunk. These cars are engineered very well... so nothing has to be forced. A lot of the connectors can be counter intuitive which gives most, who'll admit it, fits!

Mod on ma brothers!

EDIT: 500 mile break-in oil change can't hurt. I'm at 1000 now... got busy. Mine gets changed this weekend... still not sure what I'll use...

tramtwo posted this on the go
tramtwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 01:36 AM   #1262
OzzySS

Drives: 2013 2SS/1LE, 2004 Cavalier
Quote:
Where did you buy them?
got the from southwestspeed.com, $300 for the complete set

Quote:
Originally Posted by tramtwo View Post
Whatever you do don't look into the reverse leds you'll see spots for days! Ask me how I know?

Looking good Ozzy!

Quote:
So, I got the Clutch Reservoir installed (again, THANKS to TramTwo for forcing ... I mean ... Suggesting this) and my K&N CAI intake.

It was dark when I finished so no photos of the K&N ... plus once you've seen one you've nearly seem them all.

Here are some photos of the Clutch Reservoir. While it's said this is a simple mod, I will say it took a while to execute for a couple reasons.

First, I was trying to be meticulous not to spill the brake fluid anywhere given then paint corrosion warnings. In the process of doing this my turkey injector (yes, no more for Thanksgiving now) jammed on me and the grommet got all munged up. Luckily I didn't make too big of a mess.

Second, while I took the easy path and ordered a unit from JDP Motorsports, it didn't come with the right sized hose clamps so I had to go to the auto parts store which, luckily, was open on Jan 1. Having mentioned JDP, I do recommend their product since it comes with a convenient mounting bracket.

Third, I read someone's account on C5 that he used vice grips to remove the factory clamps. Well, my VGs are mammoth so I had to dork around the old fashioned way with pliers. That wasn't easy.

Frankly, removing the plastic cowl would have made maneuverability, especially toward the firewall, MUCH easier.

Fourth, it took me an hour to realize that JDP's included bracket should be installed LEFT of the brake reservoir mounting hole and not in the gap between the hole and the "rest". I didn't think there'd be enough thread on the brake reservoir screw and didn't try this until the very last moment. As you can see in the photos it worked great.

I hope this posting and these photos help the next guy that instals this. Yeah, I know this is supposed to be a simple mod but I think installing the CAI was way easier and more stress free ...
jdpmotorsports has a complete kit for sale? i'll have to look into that. good luck with the lights tomorrow. i'm probably going to drop my front bumper and do my retrofit and front sidemarkers this weekend...
OzzySS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 01:41 AM   #1263
CrystalRedTintcoat

Drives: 2013 2SS 1LE NPP GBE
Quote:
Originally Posted by tramtwo View Post
I nap mainly.

EDIT: 500 mile break-in oil change can't hurt. I'm at 1000 now... got busy. Mine gets changed this weekend... still not sure what I'll use...

tramtwo posted this on the go
You need to use Dexos1 approved oil but you don't need Dexos itself. I bought 5w30 Mobile1 with the Dexos1 approval on the bottle. Oh, and 8 quarts. So I bought the 5.1 quart bottler (single bottle) which was a buck cheaper than buying five quarts. Then I bought three quarts.
CrystalRedTintcoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 01:42 AM   #1264
CrystalRedTintcoat

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzySS View Post
jdpmotorsports has a complete kit for sale? i'll have to look into that. good luck with the lights tomorrow. i'm probably going to drop my front bumper and do my retrofit and front sidemarkers this weekend...
Yip ... http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=236850
Old 01-02-2013, 02:05 AM   #1265
newb

Drives: 2013 1LE
I had to email JDP. The website tried to charge almost $50 for shipping. I am sure they can do better. I may just call tomorrow.

Sent from a rainbow while riding a unicorn
It's a Dingledarm. It's there to dampen side fumbling. If your marzelvanes fumble too much they can cause total protonic reversal. It gets ugly from there. This is really the biggest problem with the new Camaro. That and the tri-pronged blivot.

Delivered 21 Jan 2013

newb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 11:16 AM   #1266
Doglife1LE

Drives: 2013 1LE, 2004 Silverado
What's going on fellas? A little update on the car a couple of days ago I plasti-dipped the front bow-tie and the rear taillight bezels. The bow-tie turned out great, but the bezels were a different story. I'll have start over on those. Also I dropped the car off this morning at the dealer to get splitter fixed.
Old 01-02-2013, 11:24 AM   #1267
Doglife1LE

CRT, did you get the stage 1 or stage 2 kit?
Old 01-02-2013, 11:37 AM   #1268
CrystalRedTintcoat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doglife1LE View Post
CRT, did you get the stage 1 or stage 2 kit?
No. I'm probably not going to. I may go for the Chevy Performance heads and cam later this year. We'll see ...
Old 01-02-2013, 12:44 PM   #1269
Doglife1LE

Quote:
No. I'm probably not going to. I may go for the Chevy Performance heads and cam later this year. We'll see ...
I'm meant for the JDP clutch reservoir kit. I see where your head is at.
Old 01-02-2013, 02:31 PM   #1270
tramtwo

Drives: 2021 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doglife1LE View Post
I'm meant for the JDP clutch reservoir kit. I see where your head is at.

Looks like he got the just the clutch reservoir.
tramtwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 05:56 PM   #1271
cornerspeed92

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE
Quote:
So, I got the Clutch Reservoir installed (again, THANKS to TramTwo for forcing ... I mean ... Suggesting this) and my K&N CAI intake.

It was dark when I finished so no photos of the K&N ... plus once you've seen one you've nearly seem them all.

Here are some photos of the Clutch Reservoir. While it's said this is a simple mod, I will say it took a while to execute for a couple reasons.

First, I was trying to be meticulous not to spill the brake fluid anywhere given then paint corrosion warnings. In the process of doing this my turkey injector (yes, no more for Thanksgiving now) jammed on me and the grommet got all munged up. Luckily I didn't make too big of a mess.

Second, while I took the easy path and ordered a unit from JDP Motorsports, it didn't come with the right sized hose clamps so I had to go to the auto parts store which, luckily, was open on Jan 1. Having mentioned JDP, I do recommend their product since it comes with a convenient mounting bracket.

Third, I read someone's account on C5 that he used vice grips to remove the factory clamps. Well, my VGs are mammoth so I had to dork around the old fashioned way with pliers. That wasn't easy.

Frankly, removing the plastic cowl would have made maneuverability, especially toward the firewall, MUCH easier.

Fourth, it took me an hour to realize that JDP's included bracket should be installed LEFT of the brake reservoir mounting hole and not in the gap between the hole and the "rest". I didn't think there'd be enough thread on the brake reservoir screw and didn't try this until the very last moment. As you can see in the photos it worked great.

I hope this posting and these photos help the next guy that instals this. Yeah, I know this is supposed to be a simple mod but I think installing the CAI was way easier and more stress free ...
Awesome pics,thanks thats my project tomorrow,mine just came.So which clamp was the wrong size,the one for the little nipple(giggle)cover or the hose clamps? As for JDP Jordan has been great to me,as well he posted "baby"on his sites facebook page check it out,Thanks Jordan As im pretty sure most of you know i dont wash my car with water,and since there has been so much about the wrap,just wanted to share some more.So i have never put water on my car(other then when i picked her up damn rain)I have used only a damp towel and only wiped the hood off,and dried it right away, and this is how my wrap looks.Also i have the fuse pulled does anyone's pipes look like this? I asked my dealer about it and they said its just because thats the main pipe that the exhaust comes out.
Attached Images

cornerspeed92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 07:05 PM   #1272
ST1LE

Drives: E92 BMW M3
Yes thats normal with a exhaust fuse pulled or the exhaust controller. I have heard ZL1 owners talk about it. Mine is the same, not quite that dirty though.
Old 01-02-2013, 07:10 PM   #1273
cornerspeed92

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE
Yeah ive been a slacker havent washed baby in a week
cornerspeed92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 07:11 PM   #1274
newb

Drives: 2013 1LE
Reservoir ordered! JDP customer service gets a thumbs up so far.

Sent from a rainbow while riding a unicorn
It's a Dingledarm. It's there to dampen side fumbling. If your marzelvanes fumble too much they can cause total protonic reversal. It gets ugly from there. This is really the biggest problem with the new Camaro. That and the tri-pronged blivot.

Delivered 21 Jan 2013

newb is offline   Reply With Quote