Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 09-11-2010, 10:09 PM   #29
rikelme90

Drives: 2010 black 1lt rs camaro
Send a message via AIM to rikelme90
why make a fuzz about it. why not make it the official mayor car and not auction it let it get passed down to the next one. i mean the camaro plant did create jobs for those people. what better feeling for the workers of that plant to see an official city car and say "yea we build that." this car is the reason why many people know what oshawa is! had he bought a gt500 or some luxury car, then go right ahead and protest, but not on the camaro
Old 09-11-2010, 10:22 PM   #30
Mightygrasshopper

Drives: 2012 45th anniversary edition 'vert
agreed! Very nice indeed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigg View Post
How come we can't get that stripe option for our Camaros ?

www.mightygrasshopper.com
Into health, wellness and fitness? Check out my site for natural health product reviews, health articles and industry news.

Want to get into summer time shape? I'm a former fatty who's lost the weight - "Train With Me" for FREE - sexy abs in 16 weeks! Just follow along!
Mightygrasshopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 11:37 PM   #31
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:
Originally Posted by efpardo View Post
Politics & Politicians -
EXACTLY.

TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 12:04 AM   #32
MyIBMssRS

Drives: 10 IBM SS RS/14 1500 Z71
Not feeling those stripes. Looks like a skunk. lol
MyIBMssRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 02:07 AM   #33
GEEo
OKCamaros

Drives: 4 banger Diesel
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3CamarosOnHand View Post
Here is the Mayors Car my wife took as we shook hands in front of the auto museum while we were in oshawa. the Mayor is a very nice gentleman who took time from his busy day to welcome us to the museum. then he was off to present trophies at the soapbox derby that day.
Ill Start the bid at 30,000
They should offer this stripe option here in the states!
GEEo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 02:48 AM   #34
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
I didn't even know that the Regal's production had been switched from Germany to Oshawa yet. Unless she is driving an old regal which were also built in Oshawa.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 06:15 AM   #35
skuttduck

Drives: 2010 RJT 2LT Camaro
Send a message via ICQ to skuttduck Send a message via AIM to skuttduck Send a message via Yahoo to skuttduck
It's funny as I was reading just the other day that negative ads people remember more than positive ads. That's really all this is. Just another negative ad.
Old 09-12-2010, 08:21 AM   #36
jeepguy_1980

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS
Maybe she cant drive a stick.
jeepguy_1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 09:17 AM   #37
itsadryheat79

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE (2)79Z28 72RS 67SS 69Z
Send a message via Yahoo to itsadryheat79
I do not live in Canada and the only information I have read on this subject is here on Camaro5. I think the message from Louise Parkes that the mayors Camaro is "too extravagant" is really flawed and especially disrespectful for Oshawa and GM. Mr. Gray had to know that using city money to purchase an attention getter car would get him both positive and negative attention but it was his choice. As an outsider I see it this way. The Mayor John Gray used money to buy a car that he could afford using his Oshawa City allowance. By Mrs Parkes saying that it's extravagant isn't she saying even if you can or could at one time afford it "It is wrong to buy a new Camaro and if you did you should sell it”.” Negative comments by politicians to me are just that negative and self serving.
Old 09-12-2010, 10:49 AM   #38
Blackwolf

Drives: 02 Grand Prix, 99 Z71 10 SS/RS
One thing is obvious.............................. the Mayor doesn't know how to properly park his car!

He's in the crosswalk!
Attached Images

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."
Aaron Gold, About.com

Blackwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 08:58 PM   #39
3CamarosOnHand

Drives: 2010 SS/RS ABM
Hes the mayor it doesnt matter
Old 09-12-2010, 10:18 PM   #40
oldfriend

Drives: Fiat 500 E
2SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by lets_go_bills View Post
He bought an awesome car. She's using it as political hay.

Mind you, when you're the mayor of a city, you probablu shouldn't use the tax payers money to buy a car like that. Pisses some people off. But it is a local product.

There's pros and cons to it but at the end of the day, he shouldn't of bought it with the taxpayer's money. He should've bought it with his money.
THE CAR WILL STAY IN THE CITY YOU BONE HEAD , FOR SOME PEOPLE ONE CANT EVER DO SOMETHING RIGHT [WE DO HAVE THOSE HERE TOO ] CAN YOU IMAGINE IF HE HAD PICKED A PRISMO OR SUBARO ?:confus ed0068:: confused0068::confused 0068:
oldfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 11:22 PM   #41
Main

Drives: 10 Camaro 2LT, 10 SRX FWD
Our politics here in Oshawa are ridiculous.

They built a new arena about 5 years ago.. there are still letters to the editor published regarding the "waste" of money. Anyone who visits it will disagree and it was well placed in our downtown that needs some recovery.

There is a VERY vocal minority here, and it is really sickening listening to them constantly.
Main is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 11:53 PM   #42
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Libertyforall1776 View Post
It is called theft -- stealing from taxpayers who would have instead put that money towards a car of their own choice (perhaps like their own Camaro). Why should residents of a city pay for a car for a Mayor?

What is next, a Bugatti Veyron for the President? As John Stossel would say, "Give me a break!"
Umm .. the President already has multiple armoured limosines, numerous armoured SUVs, and a fleet of helicopters that follow him anywhere he goes on the planet. For all the money spent on all those vehicles (including flying the motorcade to another country every month or two) they could probably buy every single Veyron ever made.

As for stealing from the taxpayers, its an average of $0.27 a person. You lose more money than that from change falling out of your own pockets. Furthermore, the one accusing John of being extravagant has admitted that she will buy a car worth at least $32,000 if she becomes mayor ... a cost that wouldn't be incurred if she loses the election (since another new car wouldn't have to be purchased).
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote