Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Road Course/Track and Autocross

Old 04-23-2015, 09:22 PM   #29
brokencilence

Drives: '14 1LE, Z28.R
Well a quick update. After running at the glen for 2 days and using the brakes for everything they had I can say I am more than impressed. I was able to wait until the 200 marker going into 1 as well as the bus stop and go from full throttle to full brakes and I could have driven it even deeper than I did. I got them hot enough to lightly discolor the white stoptech logo on the caliper and they never missed a beat. The limiting factor was the tires, as i was able to have the tires squealing from the massive amount of braking power even when the tires had quite a bit of heat in them. I have not overlayed my data on my second day video but I am sure I was getting 1.0G braking. NYROC655 is running the exact same brake setup as I am but he is running 295 Trofeo R tires and if I recall correctly he had to bead blast the bead of his wheels due to the tires rotating on the wheel (the same issue as the z28 had in testing). Just some food for thought....
Old 04-25-2015, 02:05 PM   #30
summit1le

Drives: 15 Lexus RCF, 17 Vette Grand Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokencilence View Post
Well a quick update. After running at the glen for 2 days and using the brakes for everything they had I can say I am more than impressed. I was able to wait until the 200 marker going into 1 as well as the bus stop and go from full throttle to full brakes and I could have driven it even deeper than I did. I got them hot enough to lightly discolor the white stoptech logo on the caliper and they never missed a beat. The limiting factor was the tires, as i was able to have the tires squealing from the massive amount of braking power even when the tires had quite a bit of heat in them. I have not overlayed my data on my second day video but I am sure I was getting 1.0G braking. NYROC655 is running the exact same brake setup as I am but he is running 295 Trofeo R tires and if I recall correctly he had to bead blast the bead of his wheels due to the tires rotating on the wheel (the same issue as the z28 had in testing). Just some food for thought....
How could you tell that the tires are rotating on the wheel?
2013 Summit 1SS 1LE w/NPP, SW 1 7/8" Long Tube Headers, CAI Intake, Ported TB, Cammotion 224/232 113 LSA, BTR Valvetrain, Melling Oil Pump, 468 HP 423, Apex Catch Can, Tank Plates, RPM 4 Point Roll Bar with SCCA/NASA Cross Brace, Schroth 6 Point Han's Harness, OMP WRC Front Seats, F.M.T Trailing Arms, F.M.T Solid Aluminum Subframe Bushings, Moreno Motorsports Camber Plates, BMR Bushings Front and Rear, Essex/AP Racing Radi-Cal Endurance Front Brakes, Quantum Brake Cooling Ducts, ZL1 Rockers, ZL1 Air Deflectors, Heritage Grill, Pfadt Springs.
summit1le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 02:09 PM   #31
brokencilence

Drives: '14 1LE, Z28.R
Quote:
Originally Posted by summit1le View Post
How could you tell that the tires are rotating on the wheel?
They slowly work their way out of balance. Also you can use the old method of chalking the sidewall of the tires