Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 12-16-2007, 09:22 PM   #15
Mike88

Drives: 94 Camaro, 05 Magnum
I envy all you tech people. This is all way over my head. This sort of thing makes me feel very inadequate about my sociology and criminology degrees. Good luck DGthe3...
Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 09:23 PM   #16
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
They will in fact give you boost, but they suck. They are weak and sound weird. If you want real horsepower, then get real parts

• Cheap
• Fast
• Reliable
• Pick 2 of the above options

The truth is that getting an electric supercharger will give you horsepower, but it is only cheap and reliable. You won't beat someone with better parts, so why buy bad parts? If you want any respect for your ride, then buy good parts. That means that you should be prepared to spend the money on it. If you really want to try this out, I recommend getting the car on a dyno before and after the electric supercharger. The results will prove a small improvement, but you'd be better off saving that money for a part that will make a significant difference, like real forced induction or an internal engine build.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 09:24 PM   #17
Mike88

Drives: 94 Camaro, 05 Magnum
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Blur View Post
They will in fact give you boost, but they suck. They are weak and sound weird. If you want real horsepower, then get real parts

• Cheap
• Fast
•*Reliable
• Pick 2 of the above options

The truth is that getting an electric supercharger will give you horsepower, but it is only cheap and reliable. You won't beat someone with better parts, so why buy bad parts? If you want any respect for your ride, then buy good parts. That means that you should be prepared to spend the money on it. If you really want to try this out, I recommend getting the car on a dyno before and after the electric supercharger. The results will prove a small improvement, but you'd be better off saving that money for a part that will make a significant difference, like real forced induction or an internal engine build.

I don't think its about making his own car faster...its part of a thesis he's writing for school.
Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 12:12 AM   #18
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike88 View Post
I don't think its about making his own car faster...its part of a thesis he's writing for school.
Although all thier points are more than valid, and true...I think a lot of people are missing that point. j/k