Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-03-2012, 08:20 AM   #1
Emig5m
100% Sport Møde

Drives: '17 Civic SI + '04 SVT Lightning
Are the leather seats harder/less comfortable?

Might be buying a brand new Camaro and wanted to know from people who's possibly owned both which seats are more comfortable, the cloth, or leather. My friends Mustang GT leather seats are like sitting on bags of Quickcrete™! I figured they put harder foam in the leather seats so that the leather isn't constantly creasing and wears longer. My cloth Camaro seats are real comfortable but I was thinking of possibly getting a new Camaro with leather instead of cloth and was wondering general opinions on the comfort of cloth vs leather in the Camaro. I want comfort first!
Emig5m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 08:22 AM   #2
dkg11

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
leather seats are amazing... may be a little stiff but after about 5 k miles your good to go
Custom tune by Bob Morreale www.thetuningschool.com
QTP Electronic Exhaust cut-outs
12'' Alpine type R with 1500watts double ported box
Tinted windows
392RWHP on Mustang Dyno
dkg11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 08:24 AM   #3
Emig5m
100% Sport Møde

Drives: '17 Civic SI + '04 SVT Lightning
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkg11 View Post
leather seats are amazing... may be a little stiff but after about 5 k miles your good to go
I might drop by a local Chevy dealer to see if they have one with leather on the lot just to sit in to try the seats, but if they need break in, I shouldn't base the feel of a brand new car? The only used Camaro's in my area have cloth...
Emig5m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 08:28 AM   #4
dkg11

still even brand new they are great i still remember getting in my 2ss for the first time and minus the fact that i was so pumped that it had the V8 in it the second thing that grabbed me were the leather seats, if money isnt a factor i would say no brainer to go with the leather...but thats just me its your car!
Custom tune by Bob Morreale www.thetuningschool.com
QTP Electronic Exhaust cut-outs
12'' Alpine type R with 1500watts double ported box
Tinted windows
392RWHP on Mustang Dyno
dkg11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 08:30 AM   #5
akCamaross

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS
The leather seats in the camaro are like perfect. One of the most comfortable leather seats!
Old 07-03-2012, 08:46 AM   #6
ihaveacamaro
I like teeth.

Drives: #198
The leather seats crack and after sitting in them become permanently depressed. Fbodfather has given reason about why ALL leather does this, but this never happened in my Dad's Mercedes.

But after all it is a Camaro, and the leather in it is definitely good enough, so I'm not complaining. Just know that a LOT of people on this forum have the permanently depressed seats like I do.

Please check out my youtube detailing channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/roshan517

"When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you will be successful."
ihaveacamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 08:49 AM   #7
rydahog

Drives: camaro ss
try to find a local car get together, there may be a camaro with leather there, i am sure the owner will let you sit in his/her ride... but they are nice...LLT/RS leather..
rydahog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 08:52 AM   #8
SPARTAN sui
PC Technician

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue 2SS
I bought my Camaro preowned, so my seats were already broken in. My only complaints are some minor wear marks from the previous owner. Other than that, they still look great after 15,000 miles, and they are comfortable enough for a 10 hour road trip.
Old 07-03-2012, 10:07 AM   #9
Bodih
I Got My Orange Crush

Drives: it like I stoles it...
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPARTAN sui View Post
I bought my Camaro preowned, so my seats were already broken in. My only complaints are some minor wear marks from the previous owner. Other than that, they still look great after 15,000 miles, and they are comfortable enough for a 10 hour road trip.
I just hit 20K miles with several long road trips, and I can say the leather seats are very comfortable. Even my wife has commented about how she likes the seats, even on long cruises (and that's something coming from her).

I had a V6 rental awhile back with cloth seats and they didn't feel as firm. It had some miles on it and saw allot of butts though.

Is there any difference in the support system and foam between the seats? I would imagine the only difference is in how they're skinned.

I rode in a ZL1 a few weeks ago with cloth seats, and those feel like something totally different to me! Very firm, but conform to your body like memory foam. Once you settle in, you don't move. I don't know if they redesigned them for the ZL1, but it was certainly a noticeable difference.

My love is in league with the freeway. Its passion will ride, as the cities fly by, and the tail-lights dissolve in the coming of night. And the questions in thousands take flight ~Robert Plant - Big Log~
Bodih is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 10:12 AM   #10
heRS
Raised by Wolves

Drives: IBM 2010 2LT RS M6
23k on mine, I love my leather seats and have no depressions or butt-marks or anything wrong at all. They are comfortable as all getout and the big plus I adore is my Camaro does not shock me (static shock) when getting in or out. I hate cloth seats because of that one fact.
Go sit in one of each and see the difference - because it's not just the cloth seats that look cheap inside the models without leather

heRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 10:14 AM   #11
JohnnyBfromPeoria

Drives: 2012 LS M6, Black
Keep them conditioned with a product like Lexol and they won't crack for a long time. Keeps them more flexible, too. Leather seats in my '95 Montero are still decent after 185K miles.

John B.
1986 Mitsubishi Montero 2.4l FI Transplant
JohnnyBfromPeoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 10:15 AM   #12
M Miller69

The leather seats in my Camaro are one of the thing I most like about the car. SUPER comfortable IMO.

10' 2SS
MPD1 Hood
MPD1 spoiler
SS front splitter

SW lt Headers
VMaxx porteds TB
JRE 93 octane tune
M Miller69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 10:29 AM   #13
evergrn

Drives: 2010 SS/RS
I absolutely love the leather seats. That was one of the reasons why I bought the car.
evergrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 10:36 AM   #14
stmbtwilli

Drives: 2016 Garnet Red 2SS
The leather seats in my Camaro are super comfortable. So much so that my even wife loves them. And at the Glen Saturday I also found them to be very supportive. Not once in three laps did I have to reposition myself.