Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Other Generations > 4th Generation Camaros

Old 06-24-2012, 07:02 PM   #29
meissen
Founder - Michigan FBody

Drives: 1994 Camaro LT1, 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS
Shouldn't need the A/F probes to run the dyno, though. Yesterday's dyno day they only added the sniffer if you asked for it. Either way, that portable dyno was a lot of fun for everyone to enjoy but the numbers definitely sound like they should be taken with a grain of salt.

"Gone But Not Forgotten"
2016 Camaro 1LT A8 - "Elmo"
2014 Camaro 1LT M6 - "Cherry Bomb"
2012 Camaro 1LS M6 - "Clifford"

Michigan FBody Association
http://www.mifbody.com/
meissen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 08:17 PM   #30
ndtguy
^ Me. Things I write ~>

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Send a message via AIM to ndtguy
If that's the only dyno that read that low for everyone's car, I wouldn't sweat it. Its called marketing. You need more parts to go faster/make better dyno numbers. Dyno's are just to easy to manipulate with the weather station. Just go find out what mph it runs in the 1/4 mile.

Just like the local speed shop here in town that said "your car was pinging on the dyno and needs a bigger fuel system" (on a car with a free ram-air mod and a lid ). Even though the graph was fine (for them not using the smoothing feature) and the car was rich the entire WOT session and I never heard it ping on the runs. Once I told them, no problem, I'll buy HPTuners and correct it, the look on the guys face was classic.

I could just be being my bastardish self, but let me put it to you another way. It's similar to the line from the movie 'snatch' that goes "Always be wary of a man with a pig farm". I think the parallel in our case is always be wary of those with dyno's that own a speed shop.

New DD: 2010 Camaro SS L99/A6 - bone stock.

Gone but not forgotten...
- 2001 Camaro SS m6 - SLP lid, free ram-air mod, poly sway bar bushings/end links, BMR springs and bilsteins.

- 1998 Trans Am m6, forged 347, T70;alky-water injection; intercooled, 208/230 .549/.579 121LSA, Moser 12 bolt, 561rwhp/611rwtq.
ndtguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 01:25 AM   #31
Ls1Lover

Drives: 95 Z28 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by meissen View Post
Leaving it how it is right now. Right now it's a good cruiser, which is really all that I was going for. Admittedly, some day I'd love to do heads, but aside from that only small mods here and there are in store.
Oh Sweet Still An Awesome Ride! Good To See Another LTX In Here
And nice, good ported heads should get those times up (dyno and track)