Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

View Poll Results: How do you feel about people "misrepresenting" their Gen5 Camaros
Hate it! It's like lying to all who see it. 106 23.71%
Don't mind it so long as there is no false badging. 247 55.26%
I see nothing wrong with it/It doesn't bother me. 84 18.79%
If you can't afford what you really want... Fake it! 10 2.24%
Voters: 447. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-08-2014, 11:58 AM   #29
SS22

Drives: 2010 Blue Camaro RS
Still considering a ZL1 front end conversion.
SS22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 12:04 PM   #30
gajagfan

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE Black - Std Exhaust
Quote:
Originally Posted by luis550 View Post
i drive a 2LS and put RS badges on it, only because i added EVERYTHING the RS package includes. i would never add SS badges because it's not an SS.

Now in theory if someone were to swap the engine for the v8, upgrade the suspension, add brembos etc, then i would be ok with them adding SS badges because the upgrade is complete.
The famous line of its your car do what you want is what I will say, but you do not have an RS, nor does the V8 swap guy (even with all the extra parts) have an SS. This is the false badging that caused GM not to sell certain Z/28 parts for the Gen 5 cars. I am sure you have a lovely car, but you my friend do not have an RS Camaro, no matter what your badges say.
gajagfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 12:07 PM   #31
Mannsiam

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1SS/RS 1LE
I say it is their car and what they do to it doesnt affect my life in any way. Badge away if you want.

Yeah Im a Chevy Guy. 11 Silverado, 12 Malibu, 14 Camaro 1LE
Mannsiam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 12:09 PM   #32
molsonbrador

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS, 2018 Colorado
I won't put ZL1 or Z/28 badges on my SS. I have what I have and won't fake otherwise.
molsonbrador is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 12:12 PM   #33
SSGUNNER
Chu no guat a hasa is?

Drives: 14 Jeep G Cherokee Overland HEMI
Don't mind it n don't bother me. So long as I don't see it I don't care, but if I do I will have my opinion and that's pretty much all I can do.
11 2SS/RSL99No Longer Stock (Sold) 6/19/14:AAC Plasma DRL's | Plug n play harness | Elite CC | Tint: 35% & 5% | LED Dome light | Show-N-Go Plate Holder | Flowmaster AT | C.A.I. Intake | VMAX CNC Spiral Ported TB | Husky Splash Guards
SSGUNNER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 12:15 PM   #34
c5Legend
Camaro5

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT
Putting the wrong badges on your car is the only thing that will bother me.. Bumper conversions ect doesn't, its mostly for looks and if a person wants to go with that look that is fine.

My Build
'11 Chrysler 300 Limited / '10 Camaro 2LT
c5Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 12:16 PM   #35
Rico
Flying da helicopter

Drives: Black SS/RS
I don't care, I figure if you are making the car payments, it's you're right to do whatever you want. I like the ZL1 bumper and I have a 2SS, I might get the conversion in the future. It's not to make people think it's a zl1, it's because I like it and in 2009 when I bought my car it wasn't an option. Just my opinion though.
Rico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 12:18 PM   #36
Forte

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS CGM W/ Black Stripes
Just like most, perfectly fine with modding parts and all that as long as no badging is involved. I have a 2011 2LT/RS and would never claim otherwise.

I was in an accident where a dog ran into the middle of the road right in front of me and the whole front fascia was torn apart. I was really considering adding a ZL1 fascia but changed my mind. They accidentally sent the shop the SS front fascia. When I went to go pick it up I was surprised but I like it better than the LT's so I stuck with it. Still badged as RS of course.
Forte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 12:28 PM   #37
Kid

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT, 68 Camaro RS
Up badging is kind of a ricer thing, but your car, do what you want. At the end of the day, as soon as you modify a car it's not the exact car that matches the package you ordered.
Look at it this way. Is you buy an SS, and put all the parts from a 1LE on it, what do have? You have a titled SS, but a functional 1LE.
If people want to get laughed at for having a V6 "ZL1", that's their problem.

Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 12:34 PM   #38
gpskinzhut

Drives: 2017 ZL1 A10
Unless they're selling it and trying to pass it off as the real thing, it makes no difference whatsoever. Your car, do what you want. I have bigger stuff to worry about.

2017 ZL1 A10
2017 2SS M6: (SOLD) || 2014 2LT Convertible: (SOLD) || 2010 2LT M6 Supercharged:(SOLD) || 1987 IROC-Z 5.0 M5: (SOLD)
gpskinzhut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 01:03 PM   #39
BiG_TiMe

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerGA View Post

I know lots of folks with "regular" Camaros mod their cars with ZL1 front ends, or 1LE hood wraps and emblems, or ZL1 wheels/tires, and I've even seen a COPO style hood on a SS. I don't know... it just bothers me - false advertising in my book. Wannabes.

How about you. Really now, be honest.
Explicit words aren't allowed on here so I can't completely be honest. So if you do not support people putting on different bumpers, rockers, diffusers, hoods, spoilers on a car (not just a camaro, any car in general) then what is the point of modifying a car? The point of externally modifying a car is to change the look of it. There aren't many options out there other than bumpers from cars of different models that would allow someone to do so.

You can't say modifying the car externally is worse than modifying a car performance wise. If I were to add an SS catback exhaust on my V6 (not saying that I did) but would that make me an impersonator? Others might see my tips and think it's an SS.

To conclude my rant, I don't understand your logic whatsoever.
Old 05-08-2014, 01:12 PM   #40
GEEKFREEKSCOTTY
Autoboticus Roboticus

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
While I'm of the opinion "It's your car, do what you want".. I think that changing your BADGE to state that your car is something it's not, is very bad form.

De-Badging (IE: removing the badges and not replacing them), is a cosmetic thing, so I'm ok with it.

Pretty much as long as it's a cosmetic detail you're changing and you aren't trying to represent it as something that it's not, it's all good.

Another example is my own car.

I never state that it's an OFFICIAL Transformers edition.. I always state that it's my own Transformer edition and it's a 1/1 car. I do keep my SS badges on it.

because.. it is.

I built it with a specific vision in mind. But, I never try to play it off as a GM Official edition.
Attached Images

Old 05-08-2014, 01:17 PM   #41
Kid

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT, 68 Camaro RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by GEEKFREEKSCOTTY View Post
While I'm of the opinion "It's your car, do what you want".. I think that changing your BADGE to state that your car is something it's not, is very bad form.
You changed your badging to make it "appear" you have a Transformer edition. So how is that differant? Hell, it's even in your sig.

Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 01:19 PM   #42
gajagfan

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE Black - Std Exhaust
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid View Post
You changed your badging to make it "appear" you have a Transformer edition. So how is that differant?
How so? Guy bought an SS. The car has SS badges on it. It has other non-factory beauty modifications. Badging is true.
gajagfan is offline   Reply With Quote