Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions > The Sports Lounge

Old 09-15-2010, 01:34 PM   #57
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by PonyMan View Post
See, when your sports programs are powerhouses in not only football, but baseball and basketball, you can "push your weight around"! If your mens and womens programs bring in the money, "we gotta get paid"! Nebraska and Colorado are just tired of getting their asses kicked by Texas & OU across the board, so they don't want to play in our Big-12 sandbox anymore!!

It was said that a Nebraska 'Decision Maker' was quoted as saying, "Nebraska has been disrespected fo a decade now, and we want to be where we are respected".................

LMMFAO

Win some freakin games if you want respect.

The big ten wants you so they can kick your asses.
Old 09-15-2010, 01:44 PM   #58
MEDISIN

Drives: 2011 CTS-V Sedan
I like PQ's list. A stipulation of Boise State joining the conference should be to rip out the smurf turf. Would be good opportunities for the mountain states to recruit in Tejas but doesn't offer the current conference schools much in the way of recruiting due to the low population of those states.

That's why I liked the possibility of the PAC-10. Nice destinations for road games and exchange of talent/showcase opportunities for each region. Lot's of money involved, television opportunities across multiple time zones, marquee match-ups between USC, Tejas, Oklahoma and UCLA etc.

I think both the Big10 and PAC-10 have rounded out nicely with their new acquisitions. Just wish it didn't come at the expense of the BigXII.

"Not giving a f*^k is truly the greatest luxury, and no luxury car gives fewer f*^k's than a CTS-V." - Matt Hardigree
MEDISIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 01:50 PM   #59
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEDISIN View Post
I like PQ's list. A stipulation of Boise State joining the conference should be to rip out the smurf turf. Would be good opportunities for the mountain states to recruit in Tejas but doesn't offer the current conference schools much in the way of recruiting due to the low population of those states.

That's why I liked the possibility of the PAC-10. Nice destinations for road games and exchange of talent/showcase opportunities for each region. Lot's of money involved, television opportunities across multiple time zones, marquee match-ups between USC, Tejas, Oklahoma and UCLA etc.

I think both the Big10 and PAC-10 have rounded out nicely with their new acquisitions. Just wish it didn't come at the expense of the BigXII.

But don't kid yourself on the destinations for the mountain teams. GREAT places to visit.

And one thing that HAS to be kept NO MATTER WHAT, is the RRR.

If that annual game were to be negotiated IN ANY WAY, I'd leave college football behind like a bad habit.
Old 09-15-2010, 02:16 PM   #60
dcamarom
SoCal Family Member

Drives: 2010 CGM Camaro 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post

North

Oklahoma
Oklahoma State
BYU
Utah
Boise State
Kansas

South

Texas
Texas Tech
A&M
TCU
Arkansas
Baylor
It would be cool to have Oklahoma and Texas play fro the BIG __ conference championship!!!
dcamarom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 02:24 PM   #61
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcamarom View Post
It would be cool to have Oklahoma and Texas play fro the BIG __ conference championship!!!
Hell ya. And much later in the year. Obviously, one of them would have a loss built in, but if I could change one thing about the RRR right now it would be to have them play in late November.
Old 09-15-2010, 02:37 PM   #62
dcamarom
SoCal Family Member

Drives: 2010 CGM Camaro 2LT/RS
Quote:
Hell ya. And much later in the year. Obviously, one of them would have a loss built in, but if I could change one thing about the RRR right now it would be to have them play in late November.
If it was chenged to November it would be cool to have it on thanksgiving.
dcamarom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 02:56 PM   #63
rmpackers
Ride this Chevy

Drives: 2010 RJT RS Camaro
Quote:

It was said that a Nebraska 'Decision Maker' was quoted as saying, "Nebraska has been disrespected fo a decade now, and we want to be where we are respected".................

LMMFAO

Win some freakin games if you want respect.

The big ten wants you so they can kick your asses.
Interesting especially since I live in the capitol of Big Red, I have never heard ANYONE say the above, and trust me on this a Nebraska "decision maker" never would. Don't believe everything you read or hear. There were only two "decisions makers" on this deal and I know both of them.

Brothers! We need to get back to original intent of this thread and that was to hate all teams from the evil empire of Florida!
Old 09-15-2010, 03:44 PM   #64
CamaroSkooter
Retarded One-Legged Owl

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcamarom View Post
If it was chenged to November it would be cool to have it on thanksgiving.
That wouldn't happen. Thanksgiving is when UT and OU beat up their little brothers (Texas A&M and Okie State)

My VIN = 2G1FK1EJ9A9105017
Build Date: 04-23-2009 according to:
http://www.compnine.com/vid.php
CamaroSkooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 04:04 PM   #65
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmpackers View Post
Interesting especially since I live in the capitol of Big Red, I have never heard ANYONE say the above, and trust me on this a Nebraska "decision maker" never would. Don't believe everything you read or hear. There were only two "decisions makers" on this deal and I know both of them.

Brothers! We need to get back to original intent of this thread and that was to hate all teams from the evil empire of Florida!
Well, what was the REAL reason for the move then?

Nebraska was WIDE open to OWN the Big 12 North. AND a NC game birth was as easy as winning the North (pretty easy), and then winning against Texas or OU most years.

I'm going by ESPNs reports WHILE it was taking place. NO denial from Husker Nation.

Maybe they thought it was too ludacris to even deny. Like a denial could only lend merit to it, which would make perfect sense, but still, I'm a little confused at the whole thing.

The 'No Respect' theory acctualy makes the most sense to me.
Old 09-15-2010, 04:12 PM   #66
CamaroSkooter
Retarded One-Legged Owl

And by "no respect" I'm assuming they mean "not enough money coming our way"

Old 09-15-2010, 05:20 PM   #67
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSkooter View Post
And by "no respect" I'm assuming they mean "not enough money coming our way"
Actually, here is one of the quotes. Nothing about respect. I'm trying to find the article I read.

Quote:
Consider that our rivalry with OU has been destroyed by our affiliation with the Big 12. Teams that don’t play each other every year are not rivals. When the conference was formed, our football program was at a pinnacle of power and influence, yet we were on the losing end of nearly every contested policy or rules issue. Does anyone in Husker Nation truly believe that this will ever change? Will Texas/OU ever go to a two-year off, two-year on format? Never.
I still say that they could have used this to their advantage.

Instead........ what do they do, ?.............. Fire a coach after a 10-3 season. I don't think they've won 10 games since. Maybe, but not many.

They had every opportunity to excell. Seriously. K-State, Kansas, Iowa State, Missou, and Colorado........... Nebraska should have won that division 70% of the time.

Last edited by PQ; 09-15-2010 at 05:30 PM.
PQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 06:08 AM   #68
CamaroSkooter
Retarded One-Legged Owl

Typical. Blame everyone else but yourselves. Way to go Nebraska!

Old 09-16-2010, 06:20 AM   #69
skar

Drives: 2010 2SSRS headers/CAI/tune/corsa,
Funny if they win the big 12 then go to the big
skar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 08:04 AM   #70
PonyMan

Drives: 2009 C6 4lt Vert, 2011 Camaro Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by skar View Post
Funny if they win the big 12 then go to the big
I think OU or Texas will take care of that "what if" one way or another!!! Now OSU, Iowa, Penn. ST, and even Michigan can beat on them for awhile, and if you don't, it will just make the Big 12 look even better!!! I want TCU and Arkansas in the Big 12.